Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
So with that being said how can you be sure that my 6 Plus didn't arrive bent in the box. I'm just talking hypothetically as I would be surprised if it did. But I never noticed the bend in my phone, it wasn't until it came to my wanting a new screen put on the phone that I was alerted to the bend. The fact that you will acknowledge the possibility of a 6 Plus arriving bent in the box yet steadfastly refuse to accept that one could become bent throughout day to day use without misuse is ridiculous.
I can't be sure it wasn't bent since the beginning, since I didn't see it.
You should know if it was...
I'm sure it didn't become bent during normal daily use, because it's made of aluminium. You need to apply forces to bend it.

teeshot44

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2015
US
You're seriously saying I shouldn't have put my mobile phone in my pocket in case it bent? I don't know if you're trying to be funny or sarcastic but you can't seriously believe that.
You admitted you knew it could be a problem. You admitted you knew it was a widespread problem. You admitted you put it in your trouser pocket. You need to accept the fact that you knew there was a risk of bending and you accepted that risk when you put it in your trouser pocket. Many of us accept that risk and do the same thing. Accepting risk means you also are willing to accept the outcome.

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
Apple admitted the bend. Just Google it. AND they made the aluminum way stronger in the S series phones this year = further admission. Just like their admission in AntennaGate with iPhone 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

NJTJ

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2015
I am a prior iphone 3G, 4 and 5 owner. I purchased an iphone 6 when it was released. I've treated this iphone just like all my previous iphones (I do put it in my back pocket at times). Just last week I noticed a small hairline crack between the earpiece and the top of the phone and a second crack across the bottom left corner. I did not drop it nor expose it to any harsh treatment. I made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon to get the glass replaced (out of warranty and not AC+).

Just yesterday, I also noticed the phone is bent slightly. I now think the cracks are a result of the bent phone. I'll see what the folks at the Genius Bar say tomorrow.
I'm just reporting back that Apple replaced my iPhone 6 on Friday... Under warranty because the screen was cracked and the phone was bent.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Apple admitted the bend. Just Google it. AND they made the aluminum way stronger in the S series phones this year = further admission. Just like their admission in AntennaGate with iPhone 4.

Apple didn't admit anything ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.