Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Providing it's in 14-day period :)

It's X days from when you receive the Apple Watch, not X days from when (pre-) order was placed.

Return Period
Return your item anytime from the date you received your item(s) within the timeframe below:

• 14 days for computers, monitors, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, iPads, tablets and radar detectors
  • 30 days for all other products
  • 45 days for all products for Reward Zone Program Premier Silver members*

ericinboston

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2008
1)It's $50 towards a FUTURE PURCHASE
and
2)It's only good until Oct 14, 2016
and
3)You likely cannot get the $50 code BEFORE your watch ships...therefore, Sep 28 to Oct 14 is about 2 weeks. That's not a very good time period to use a gift card...especially a card that was given to me because of BB/Apple's fault. It should have at least a 30-day expiration, 90-day recommended.

It's great that BB is even offering a gift card...but all the stipulations make me feel pressured to buy something right away.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
You know what's amazing? Being given $50 store credit as compensation for getting a pre order item two weeks late and entitled people still whining about that not being enough. Un-freaking-real.

Wish I had preorder from Best Buy to be honest.

And Best Buy is showing the customer they actually care, which seems to be a lost art for many companies anymore today.

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
Wow, $50? That's a lot. Even Samsung doesn't offer that kind of money for their exploding Note 7.

BS. Samsung allowed everyone to keep their free gift ( Gear VR, 256GB SD card, or 1 yr of Netflix ), in addition to giving loaner devices, and a $25 GC or bill credit if you switch to another Sammy device.

Gotta love the iSheep ignorance and blind prejudice !! :rolleyes:

ADHDproductions

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Lubbock, Texas
Just got off the phone with Best Buy customer support saying "Apple has pushed back the release date of the Apple Watch series 2 till the 28th. There will be no Apple Watch series 2 units available in store until all the pre-orders have been fulfilled." even the email said "we've learned from Apple there's been a shipping delay for this item... ...The new street date for this product is 9/28/2016."

so I investigated with Apple, they said that "the Apple Watch is on schedule for the September 16th release." Looks like Best Buy is spreading some misinformation.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
BS. Samsung allowed everyone to keep their free gift ( Gear VR, 256GB SD card, or 1 yr of Netflix ), in addition to giving loaner devices, and a $25 GC or bill credit if you switch to another Sammy device.

Gotta love the iSheep ignorance and blind prejudice !! :rolleyes:
Those free gift are part of the pre-order, not because of the recall. The budget is already allocated as part of the promotion in releasing the Note 7, not for the recall. I doubt Bestbuy budgeted $50 in advance for every Apple watch purchases, so this move from Bestbuy is actually fascinating.

Loaner device: giving a budget J unit for your most premium customers? Hardly a costly endeavor.
$25 for an almost $1000 phone? Come on.

themacuser

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2010
I am surprised that no one has mentioned this. Sep 15-18 is Mid-Autumn Festival in China. All companies and factories are shut down for the holiday. Apple should have plan it better by releasing the new products after the holiday.

Reactions: rv0005

sonotemo89

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Im happy about the $50 but honestly I would give it back to have it on the 16th. I will be TDY on the 28th and gone for a couple weeks. Now I am going to have to deal with potential UPS/FEDEX return shipment etc. I just see major headaches coming. :(

PS: How many days does UPS/FEDEX hold a package that isn't deliverable because of signature? I thought previously it was 10 days.

I usually rerouted my ups orders to my local ups center if I know there will be no one around to sign for it but I can only do so once I have a tracking number. As far as how long they will hold it, that I do know but I would definitely contact your local center. I know you can pre sign the package also through them. Good Luck!

UntitledImage

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
Actually, the codes were already sent out. I don't see any reason why I couldn't use the code immediately.

FYI for those of you who got the email coupon for the delay: I canceled my watch order and still used the $50 certificate/promo after the fact to order 2 cases just now (plus a charger- 25% off 3 accessories). So it doesn't seem contingent on having the order stay active. (reposted this from another thread...)

ConfoundedHound

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2015
Atlanta
Image 30.jpg
My issue with Best Buy is that they are trying to blame someone else. Maybe you haven't seen the SECOND email which tries to explain that the launch date of the Apple Watch was changed by Apple - not that Best Buy sold more than they were allotted. Do they think we are idiots? Do they think I would buy a pink and orange Apple Watch for any reason other than it was the only one left available to deliver on September 16?

DoctorDoctor

Suspended
Jul 14, 2016
Oh boy, better prepare for the incoming class action lawsuit.

AMEN !!
[doublepost=1473936946][/doublepost]
View attachment 652112 My issue with Best Buy is that they are trying to blame someone else. Maybe you haven't seen the SECOND email which tries to explain that the launch date of the Apple Watch was changed by Apple - not that Best Buy sold more than they were allotted. Do they think we are idiots? Do they think I would buy a pink and orange Apple Watch for any reason other than it was the only one left available to deliver on September 16?

I don't understand your statement. You said your problem with Best Buy is that they are trying to blame someone else. And then you go on to say it is Apple's fault. So what is wrong with Best Buy telling you what really happened ?

Predestinarian

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2015
I will never pre-order from Best Buy again!!!! Never! As Jerry on Seinfeld once said... "I don't think you do. You see, you know how to *take* the reservation, you just don't know how to *hold* the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation: the holding. Anybody can just take them."

Bbafett

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Georgia
What he is saying is Best Buy is blaming it on Apple for "changing the release date"when most likely Best Buy knew they weren't getting the phones for all the preorders on release date and they shouldn't say they will have them to the consumers on release date. That is what I have an issue with.

Boatboy24

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2011
1 Infinite Loop
I know I can with UPS My Choice Premium the only problem is that I will be on a military installation and the logistics with all that will be a headache. Hopefully Apple will have a couple in stock when I pick up my 7 plus Friday. We shall see.

If you happen to get FedEx, I think you can have them hold the shipment at a FedEx/Kinko's store. It's been a few years, but I used to do that from time to time when I was having wine shipped and knew I wouldn't be there (signature required). Don't recall how long they'd hold it though.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
And Best Buy is showing the customer they actually care, which seems to be a lost art for many companies anymore today.
My wife is manager there so I'm obviously a little biased but she always tries her hardest to make the customer happy.

My favorite story though is a person requesting a free dyson because she had to come back to the store to exchange a faulty DVD player. She wanted compensation for her time. Yes. She wanted a $300+ vacuum. Lots of great stories though haha.

philip456

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2008
East Anglia, England
1)It's $50 towards a FUTURE PURCHASE
and
2)It's only good until Oct 14, 2016
and
3)You likely cannot get the $50 code BEFORE your watch ships...therefore, Sep 28 to Oct 14 is about 2 weeks. That's not a very good time period to use a gift card...especially a card that was given to me because of BB/Apple's fault. It should have at least a 30-day expiration, 90-day recommended.

And also is there a minimum spend to use the $50? There is a small, superscript 1 by the offer referring to further small print.

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
View attachment 652112 My issue with Best Buy is that they are trying to blame someone else. Maybe you haven't seen the SECOND email which tries to explain that the launch date of the Apple Watch was changed by Apple - not that Best Buy sold more than they were allotted. Do they think we are idiots? Do they think I would buy a pink and orange Apple Watch for any reason other than it was the only one left available to deliver on September 16?

I wonder, though, if Apple has temporarily diverted watch shipments that were originally destined to third party retailers back into their own retail channel so as to make more watches available in their own stores at launch and immediately following the launch? I wouldn't put it past Apple to do something like that, honestly, even though that's a really lousy way to do business with your retail partners.

If no one who preordered with Best Buy and was supposed to receive the watch on 9/16 receives them, that makes me suspect that Apple told retailers one thing about the number of units they were going to receive leading up to the launch and then something happened and they made a change. I'm sure Best Buy would've rather not done preorders at all (if they had been told they weren't going to have the stock) as opposed to doing preorders and then having to issue a bunch of $50 gift cards.
[doublepost=1473951676][/doublepost]
And also is there a minimum spend to use the $50? There is a small, superscript 1 by the offer referring to further small print.

Here is the fine print. I don't see anything about a minimum spend requirement:

Promotional code must be redeemed by offer expiration date. Promotional codes cannot be applied toward Best Buy Gift Cards, Geek Squad® Protection Plans, state recycling fees, installation fees and third-party purchases. Redeemable in-store and online. Promotional code cannot be replaced if it is lost, stolen, or if you cancel or return your order. Promotional codes are non-transferable. Not redeemable for cash. Not valid as payment on the Best Buy credit card. Valid major credit card required for online purchases. To see how the value of promotional code has been allocated within your order, view your Order Status.
[doublepost=1473953027][/doublepost]
Just got off the phone with Best Buy customer support saying "Apple has pushed back the release date of the Apple Watch series 2 till the 28th. There will be no Apple Watch series 2 units available in store until all the pre-orders have been fulfilled." even the email said "we've learned from Apple there's been a shipping delay for this item... ...The new street date for this product is 9/28/2016."

so I investigated with Apple, they said that "the Apple Watch is on schedule for the September 16th release." Looks like Best Buy is spreading some misinformation.

I agree that Best Buy shouldn't have used the phrase "Street Date" because it appears that people will be able to get watches on 9/16, just not from Best Buy. They should've just said that Apple has advised them that they will not be receiving stock until 9/28.

NiceSpaceGrey

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Canada
I received my "Shipment Notification" email from Apple this morning.
New delivery date for my watch: 9/20.

Note:
I ordered from Apple at midnight (Apple Series 2, Space Grey).
The initial delivery date was 9/16.

usarioclave

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
The CSR at BB is saying what they're told to say. It may be that Apple held all the AW2 shipments for itself because the demand was unexpectedly high.

Nobody on this forum has any idea what's really happening. However, this just cost Best Buy a lot of money, and Best Buy has no reason to lie about what's happening.

ADHDproductions

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Lubbock, Texas
FYI for those of you who got the email coupon for the delay: I canceled my watch order and still used the $50 certificate/promo after the fact to order 2 cases just now (plus a charger- 25% off 3 accessories). So it doesn't seem contingent on having the order stay active. (reposted this from another thread...)
how quickly did you get refunded after you canceled?

khoyme

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
I received my ship notice from Apple last evening and it is still on track to arrive tomorrow, Sep 16. Mine cleared customs this morning in Louisville. I ordered within a minute or so of the site going live at Midnight Pacific time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.