best car mount for X

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MrMister111, Nov 4, 2017.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68020

I have a 7+ and used the KenU mount for it in the car all great. I now have an X and because of FaceID its not at the correct angle to see, I know I dont use it when driving, its when I'm stopped, I dont want to have to take it out of mount to check something. With my 7+ its easy to unlock and see.

Is there a better mount now for the X, want something small, nothing that attaches permanently and easy to get in and out. Maybe even something that QI charges as well would be nice?

thanks

2. pruppert macrumors 6502

pruppert

I have the same question. Face ID doesn’t work with my prior magnetic vent mount. It seems to be due to being too far away and/or not angled toward my face.

Anyone successfully using any car mount that allows Face ID to work on the driver without taking out of the mount?

3. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

This looks interesting...Says a 360 mount so presume means can turn towards you on the vent.
    Kobwa Car Mount Holder Wireless Fast QI Phone Charging Station, 2017 Newly 5V/1.5A 360 Degree Rotating Heat Dissipation Hole Low Temperature Smart Phone Charger Dock Stand Handfree Car Kit https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071YSQJNX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_J0G.zbFXD76BH

4. BrianSoCal macrumors 6502

BrianSoCal

I am a huge fan of Pro-Clips, nothing out for the X specifically yet, but their holders are adjustable to any case and mine fits just fine.

5. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Agree with ProClips. And I was happy to also find out my old mount, meant for the 7 Plus w/ case works with the X w/ case. I do have to lean over to get Face ID to work, but in my car I turn on Waze and just leave the phone on anyway so really don’t even need to unlock it.

6. BrianSoCal macrumors 6502

BrianSoCal

Bingo! I do the exact same thing, unlock once, fire up Waze and off I go.

7. pruppert macrumors 6502

pruppert

8. tjleonard macrumors 6502a

I have the smell, but used another male currently. I didn’t like the way it worked. I am actually looking for a male that does better wireless charging, it doesn’t seem like the magnetic mounts for Vance have a strong enough magnet, and the wireless charging isn’t that great. Anyone had any success finding a good wireless charging magnetic mount?

9. takaiguchi macrumors member

takaiguchi

I obsessed over this. Wanted something with wireless charging but reliable and stable. Ended up with this and love it.

http://amzn.to/2zg4vxQ

10. takaiguchi macrumors member

takaiguchi

[​IMG]

With my wife’s 8. My X was in delivery.

11. pruppert macrumors 6502

pruppert

How does it work with Face ID?

12. takaiguchi macrumors member

takaiguchi

Flawless. It’s pointed pretty much right at me.

13. Shark5150 macrumors 65816

Shark5150

This one is great. Got many reviewer recommendations.

14. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

15. supertomtom macrumors 6502

supertomtom

16. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

I really like the iOttie one-touch mounts; they really do work one-handed, and they hold the phone securely. I have a similar setup for my X, except I’m still plugging in to charge/connect to my stereo, so this one still works just fine. It unlocks my phone via Face ID perfectly well, as long as I glance at it.

I’ve had it for about a year, and it’s still working great, so I’m glad it works well with the X.

17. Synomenon macrumors 6502

18. tecnho macrumors 6502

Forget about mounts right now, you need to deal with that 'check engine' light

19. AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

Hmm, it's only available from other sellers, ships from Hong Kong and has no reviews :confused:
    --- Post Merged, Nov 7, 2017 ---
    How does the mount attach to your phone/

20. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I am using the iOttie Qi mount (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0754NDNT8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) attached onto my proclips custom base in my car. Wireless charging works flawlessly and all I have to now do is slap the phone into the cradle and off I go, with it charging wirelessly. Great option. Plus, the new iOttie is capable of fast wireless charging the iphone, once Apple decides to allow for this. (Common Apple, why you holding back on this!!???). Right now it says it will charge at the standard rate, but the voltage output for the mount is higher so it should charge faster once Apple enables it.

21. kalex macrumors 65816

How do you attach it to your proclip base?

22. Gullwingdmc macrumors newbie

Gullwingdmc

So here’s my dilemma. I want a car mount that wirelessly charges. I don’t want one that looks like a medieval torture rack (iOttie One Touch). I would go with one of the magnet mounts like Scosche makes, but l don’t have a case on my phone and sticking one of those plates to the back destroys the look.

I’ve bought and returned 6 different mounts now. Can’t anyone recommend a solution?

23. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd