Universal Binged - Let's you track shows, view episodes and casts. Updated Version 1.01

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by cp3hbx, Jun 4, 2016.

1. cp3hbx macrumors newbie

Dec 26, 2015
    Hi All,

I just released my first pure Swift iOS app called Binged (3rd result on AppStore search currently).

link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/binged/id1120570590?ls=1&mt=8

This is my first ever iOS app, first time working on Xcode and Swift. I have Java & Web experience, no Obj-C background either.

I started around 4 months ago from scratch, reading blogs, watching videos, Youtube, StackOverFlow, Lynda.com, Stanford course on iTunesU. I still have a lot to learn. Working on this app was probably the most fun I've had in programming for quite awhile. Lots of learning, lots of re-writes, and some more learning. I had to get familiar with Swift syntax, CocoaTouch, pulling my hair out with auto-layouts and constraints and then StackViews. I probably re-did each view at least a dozen times. Worked with CoreData for local saves and then CloudKit for syncing and changes.

Version 1.0 functionalities:
    • Subscribe to show
    • Displays episode summaries and airdates
    • Mark episodes you've watched
    • Notifies you when an episode is about to air
    • Lets you know how many episodes behind you are
    • Ability to tweet or post to Facebook
    • Night Theme
    • Displays Casts of a show
    • iCloud Sync
    • And iPad Support!
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Please check out my app on the AppStore: 'Binged'
  2. Shawzborne macrumors 6502a

Jun 12, 2013
  3. cp3hbx thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 26, 2015
    Awesome, let me know what you think!
  4. cp3hbx thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 26, 2015
    Hi. I pushed out Version 1.01, below are the changes! If you are having trouble with update, please delete and reinstall.

Version 1.01:
    - Fixed some version 1.0 bugs, and should run smoother overall.
    - Sorting! Ability to sort by show name, episode airing date, # of episodes missed.
    - Hide Badge Icon. 999 episodes behind? Hide the badge icon in settings.
    - Ability to change alert notification times. From 5 minutes before a show airs up to 6 hours.
    - Ability to mark full seasons watched! No longer necessary to scroll through 596 Simpsons episodes to mark them watched...
    - iCloud Sync toggle. Back up all your shows to the cloud!
    - Changed # of days till next episode font color (gray) to distinguish from # of episodes behind.
    - Ad Banner was getting in the way of Search results, so it has been removed from the search page.
    - Added a + icon on Show subscribe page.

Bug Fixes:
    - Casts for some shows were not fully downloading. To fix this, delete and re-download show.
    - Highly annoying swipe back bug is now fixed.
    - Fixed iCloud syncing issues.
    - Another highly annoying bug; back button no longer working has been squashed.
    - Older TV shows episodes without air dates, are now set to the season date and can now be properly marked as watched.
    - Other various bug fixes

- Lowered iOS requirement from 9.3 down to 9.1.
    - Removed 'Binged' label from Icon.
    - Slightly made circle button on subscribe page and episode # bigger.