Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
I'm still trying to figure out if the guy posting in this thread is really the seller or if this is one of those "I lost my iPhone at Six Flags", "I found an iPhone at Six Flags" trolling-type situations.

Ishimaru

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Los Angeles
Naw, Nice try though.

I simply created a thread because I couldn't find anything on this.

I thought it was iTunes acting up because I have a few iPhones synced to my MBP.
So let's say I was the buyer of the 32GB version, but received the 16GB version, knowing you actually had it, I'd be royally pissed. And honestly, if this crap happened to you, you'd be wanting the phone you paid for. Seller mess up or not, why screw someone out of a phone they actually paid for? That's incredibly selfish if you actually do keep it. For shame.

sarcasticdesign

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2008
he also bragged he paid $700 for what he thought was 16GB. Heck I got 2 32Gb for hundreds less!!!

that's just capitalism. that said, it's really sad that this other user, who won his auction for a bit less, and made a smart choice, has to suffer because this entitlement case thinks he's so smart and fantastic and apple loved him so much that steve himself hooked him up.

selfishness. at it's core that's what it is.

H.B.I.C

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
I'm still trying to figure out if the guy posting in this thread is really the seller or if this is one of those "I lost my iPhone at Six Flags", "I found an iPhone at Six Flags" trolling-type situations.

He is NOT the seller.

The seller is a WOMAN.

H.B.I.C

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
So let's say I was the buyer of the 32GB version, but received the 16GB version, knowing you actually had it, I'd be royally pissed. And honestly, if this crap happened to you, you'd be wanting the phone you paid for. Seller mess up or not, why screw someone out of a phone they actually paid for? That's incredibly selfish if you actually do keep it. For shame.

Again, the auction stated the phone was sealed.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
I think the best solution would be that the seller accepts the mistake, let's the buyer in this thread keep his, and refunds the other buyer and resells it stating "opened once." I wouldn't want to do a swap if I bought a new, sealed iPhone on eBay if only because I'd like to be the first to open it so it really is brand new.

H.B.I.C

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
ya.. plus 24 months of AT&T service. you do know that part of that goes to Apple right?

and for the OP, is the SN on the box the same as the iPhone?

does the box say 32GB?

Nope. AT&T is not a factor here.

No, the SN# is not the same, The box says 16GB.

H.B.I.C

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
I think the best solution would be that the seller accepts the mistake, let's the buyer in this thread keep his, and refunds the other buyer and resells it stating "opened once." I wouldn't want to do a swap if I bought a new, sealed iPhone on eBay if only because I'd like to be the first to open it so it really is brand new.

He is not the seller. He's just bored with his life and decided to respond 29 times.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
ok now i see what you're trying to say, in that case no. however, he's not locked into a contract. that's the only advantage he really has.

I'm not "locked", I can cancel and pay the ETF. After you consider the fact that it's pro-rated.....I still win.....the longer we both have service...the more I save.

urbanj

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2008
So the person that paid for a 32gb and got a 16gb is returning it but this "reseller" has only one 32gb in stock and must wait for the mispacked 32gb to be returned so he can ship it back out? Why would the the other party and the OP want an "open box" when they paid for brand new? Sadly this is a cost of doing business and as a reseller they may have to eat it.

This is that grey area that separates the men from the boys. You don't think companies become giant multi billion dollar corporations by being a straight shooter do you? You'd hope so but they don't. Given the opportunity they'll gladly take your money if you don't notice you're being improperly charged only to give it back once YOU catch the mistake.

The worlds not fair.

H.B.I.C

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
So the person that paid for a 32gb and got a 16gb is returning it but this "reseller" has only one 32gb in stock and must wait for the mispacked 32gb to be returned so he can ship it back out? Why would the the other party and the OP want an "open box" when they paid for brand new? Sadly this is a cost of doing business and as a reseller they may have to eat it.

This is that grey area that separates the men from the boys. You don't think companies become giant multi billion dollar corporations by being a straight shooter do you? You'd hope so but they don't. Given the opportunity they'll gladly take your money if you don't notice you're being improperly charged only to give it back once YOU catch the mistake.

The worlds not fair.

Please start at page 1 and read every post.

This iPhone 4 was not purchased from a reseller, but a At&t customer looking to make a quick buck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.