Buy Black Now, Return Later for White

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IAmJIve, Jun 15, 2010.

1. IAmJIve macrumors newbie

Does anyone see any problem with pre-ordering a black iPhone 4 now for delivery on the 24th, then within the return policy, go to apple store and return and get a white one? This assumes that the white will not be available anywhere at launch on the 24th but a few weeks later.

If white is available at launch but in extreme limited qty, I'd just be sure to be first in line to get it.

2. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Restocking fee + what if the white is released after the return period?

3. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Good idea. Prevent those who actually want the black ones by buying it and returning it.

4. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

it's what I'm doing, I preordered 4 already, going to be doing my 5th later, i want all 5 of them white but doing black for now, if they release inside period i'll return all 5, if not, then i'll just keep the black ones.

5. ashley1496 macrumors regular

Sorry but **** YOU! Some of us can't even order ONE freaking phone and idiots like you are getting 5! Seriously man, ****. Have some tact!

6. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

This is exactly wtf is wrong with our country. People just NEED to have everything right now at any cost.

Totally friggin insane. Just wait a few weeks.. You'll be ok without a new iPhone 4.

7. 0101001 macrumors 6502

Hey I wanted white sold my phone already so bought 6 black I will also return one as I want a white.

8. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Those who are preordering black ones, just to exchange when white is available, are absolute jerks. You're preventing everyone else from preordering what they actually want because you can't wait.

9. ihav0frnds macrumors 6502

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I hope they're not able to sell these as new then.

11. ashley1496 macrumors regular

Not to mention those that are ORDERING MULITPLES!!! Complete and utter TOOLS! I have ZERO respect for people like that!

And probably doing it just to re-sell them on EBAY!

12. palmerc2 macrumors 68000

palmerc2

Hey, everyone here above me....what if only white was available???

Wouldn't you want to buy it once its released, then once black was available exchange it?

I had my heart set on white, but now gonna pre-order black then wait for white to be available. this flip phone I have right now is the worst.

13. samstod macrumors member

While I think this is kind of stupid (and risky, considering it could be 6-8 weeks before white is ready -we just don't know), I can't believe others are really knocking these people for hogging all the pre-orders.

They will be taking pre-orders for at least a week. They are not going to run out if you get your order in tomorrow. Quit hitting refresh, have some perspective, and calm down.

14. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Yes, I do see a problem with it. Learn to embrace a virtue that us grown ups have, it's called patience.

15. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

If you are doing this purposely, you are a douche bag.

That is all.

16. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Of course it's a problem. It's a total jackass move.

17. kultschar macrumors 6502a

No wonder the world is economically screwed. I mean one phone is bad when you think of the cost of these toys but ordering five......

18. 0101001 macrumors 6502

Some people own business and have no desire to sell on eBay , I could have bought 12 but 6 is what I wanted and trading up to white, hey if I can I will and if not I will order 6 more in white:)

19. christyn macrumors 6502a

I don't disagree that it's crappy for people to buy multiple phones just to return them for a different color later.

But some people have already sold their phones are it's either going out and pre ordering the iphone in black, or buying some other type of phone and returning it later.

That being said, I've decided against it. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do in the mean time, but too much of a chance that the white will come in after the 30 day period, plus I'd rather avoid paying a 20% restocking fee.

I'll either take a chance on Best Buy's white pre orders, or just wait until Apple has them in stock.

20. IAmJIve thread starter macrumors newbie

If I can even preorder...

21. RichL macrumors 6502

It is really that difficult to wait a couple weeks or a month? Are you guys honestly that much of a ****ing child inside that you have to have something now, now, now. Grow up.

22. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

No, I wouldn't. I'd wait. Call me ethical, but it's the right thing to do. ;)

23. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Everybody that is doing this are scumbags. What do you expect though? It's America where scumbags are allowed to be treated equally so they expand exponentially. They realize that they get away with stuff like this, so why stop? It means they are happy and it doesn't matter how it affects anyone else. Well it usually catches up to people like that and then they will be saying "Why did this happen to me?" I would say its especially poor for someone who owns their own business too. What if your own customers were screwing you over?

24. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

No.

25. coasterswim macrumors 6502

What if he ordered 5 for his family? Which one of his loving family members do you suggest he keep out just so you can order your iPhone?