Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
@ those of you who are buying black iPhones just to return them for a white one: you really are douche bags. There are people who wanted to get a black one to keep, and you stole them from those people, just so you can have your freaking instant gratification. Just keep the damn black ones for christ's sake.

-Don

Just out of curiosity, how is it stealing to order an iPhone? :confused:

The people were going to order an iPhone regardless but due to apple's mess up, the blacks got scooped up faster.

People need to put the blame in the right place.

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
Just out of curiosity, how is it stealing to order an iPhone? :confused:

The people were going to order an iPhone regardless but due to apple's mess up, the blacks got scooped up faster.

People need to put the blame in the right place.

I'm saying that these people are going to buy the black phones just to get rid of them in a few weeks. Those black iPhones could have gone to people who actually wanted them. I was using stealing in the figurative sense.

-Don

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I'm saying that these people are going to buy the black phones just to get rid of them in a few weeks. Those black iPhones could have gone to people who actually wanted them. I was using stealing in the figurative sense.

-Don

So because apple messed up, they're not entitled to a phone at all?

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
So because apple messed up, they're not entitled to a phone at all?

I'm not saying that. I'm saying they could have some patience and wait for the phone that they actually want. Instead of having to be instantly gratified by getting a phone that they really don't even want.

Don

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I'm not saying that. I'm saying they could have some patience and wait for the phone that they actually want. Instead of having to be instantly gratified by getting a phone that they really don't even want.

Don

I actually wanted the black 32 gb so i preordered it but my gf wanted the white 16 gb so needless to say, we were pissed when we heard the news.

The thing is, we both are using really crappy phones right now to get through to the 24th. We had no idea the white was not going to be available.

There's no way i'm gonna force her to be stuck with her crappy phone because of apple's mistake so i ordered a 16 gb black for her. And if the whites come in, it will be going back.

yrrej

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
these people have the right to do whatever they want. everyone needs to get off their moral high horses.

if the situation were reversed and only white were available and you knew you could use the white first and possibly return it later for the black, then you would do it too...:rolleyes:

JosephBergdoll

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2009
NYC
I actually wanted the black 32 gb so i preordered it but my gf wanted the white 16 gb so needless to say, we were pissed when we heard the news.

The thing is, we both are using really crappy phones right now to get through to the 24th. We had no idea the white was not going to be available.

There's no way i'm gonna force her to be stuck with her crappy phone because of apple's mistake so i ordered a 16 gb black for her. And if the whites come in, it will be going back.

I'm sure you will be absolutely fine with a non iPhone for a few weeks... What happened if we were EMP'd and your cell iPhones stopped working? Would you die from not having one?

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan

And you're girlfriend will die without access to a smartphone:confused::confused::confused:
I was able to live through 4 years of a moto razr before I got my 3G and I didn't die because of that. I don't think your girlfriend will. No offense to you or your girlfriend, but if she thinks the world is going to end because she has to use a crappy phone past June 24th, she has some issues. IMO, Apple should not allow people to return black iphones bought on the 24th for a white one at a later time. You should only be able to return them for another black one. I personally hope that they implement a policy like that.

-Don

splashnader

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
Via Satellite
I wanted a white iphone myself. But I decided that what I really wanted is the new iphone, regardless of color. So I ordered the black and I will keep the black. I also do not like the fact that some people plan on returning the black phone, just to get a white phone. But I think this will be moot anyway as the ATT leak we saw yesterday stated that the white version want be available until late summer. That tells me it will be longer than thirty days.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I'm sure you will be absolutely fine with a non iPhone for a few weeks... What happened if we were EMP'd and your cell iPhones stopped working? Would you die from not having one?

And you're girlfriend will die without access to a smartphone:confused::confused::confused:
I was able to live through 4 years of a moto razr before I got my 3G and I didn't die because of that. I don't think your girlfriend will. No offense to you or your girlfriend, but if she thinks the world is going to end because she has to use a crappy phone past June 24th, she has some issues. IMO, Apple should not allow people to return black iphones bought on the 24th for a white one at a later time. You should only be able to return them for another black one. I personally hope that they implement a policy like that.

-Don

-Don

It's not to say that she'll die without an iPhone but she has the right to an iPhone day 1 just like everybody else.

You guys saying it's not the end of the world without one, why'd you preorder today?

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
While I do not agree with buying a black phone now only to use it and wait for a white one as well as buying 5+ phones - it's their choice. Even if they want to sell those phones on eBay or something to make money. Sadly, they can.

Supply - Demand. :(

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
Those who are preordering black ones, just to exchange when white is available, are absolute jerks. You're preventing everyone else from preordering what they actually want because you can't wait.

I wanted the white one, dammit. I'll do whatever I have to do to get it. I'm not spending $300 + two year contract ($100/month) and not getting the damn color I wanted.

Orange™

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2010
Does it make me and EVEN WORSE person, that not only do I have 5 of them preordered that I'll return in a heartbeat if the white comes out, I also have 2 reserved at apple store for a "just in case" scenario?

[Admins: Here me out! For god sakes, read this ****ers posts']

You're acting like a ****ING TROLL incognito!!! Back to the cave with you!

258Troll_spray.jpg

It is so painfully obvious that you are just trolling these boards trying to get a rise out of people. No one here likes you, no one here respects you, the lot of them wish bad things to come your way.

Many can't and truly want a SINGLE iPhone but can't seem to get past the shoddy service via online. Here you are bragging that you have multiple iPhones and are going to sell them on ebay.

Here are some things that are obvious to me and other forum members:

1) You don't have an iPhone nor have ever used one.
2) You're too poor to afford such a device.
3) You act like a douche to get a rise out of people.
4) You created your account RECENTLY, like a day ago.
5) Your a terrible person.

There you go, the mods will most likely go after me even though it is painfully clear that you are the tumor on these boards. But if it will get the message out, than it was worth it! members shouldn't be punished for saying it like it is!

JosephBergdoll

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2009
NYC
It's not to say that she'll die without an iPhone but she has the right to an iPhone day 1 just like everybody else.

You guys saying it's not the end of the world without one, why'd you preorder today?

I didn't, I don't worship material things or feel the need to upgrade when a new model comes out each year...

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I didn't, I don't worship material things or feel the need to upgrade when a new model comes out each year...

Let's be real. You didn't preorder because you got your 3GS on release day and don't qualify for the upgrade pricing.

You obviously were gonna die if you didn't get it first day :rolleyes:

JosephBergdoll

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2009
NYC
Let's be real. You didn't preorder because you got your 3GS on release day and don't qualify for the upgrade pricing.

You obviously were gonna die if you didn't get it first day :rolleyes:

This is true. My soul would've left my body to be with God. It still might :(

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Not sure if it's been posted (didn't read the 90+ replies), but I was told no white until August.

SonoViva

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
CA
I really wanted the white and I'm going to wait until it comes out to get it. Getting a black one just to have the phone seems really illogical to me. Just my opinion! I just would feel like a spoiled little brat walking out with a black iPhone I didn't even want when some people in line have had their hearts set on black from the get-go.

wickerman1893

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2008
all this makes no sense to me at all, its just a color. What are you wanting? A phone or a color?

Ok even i'll admit that i wanted the white and was at first disappointed but in the end i just want the phone, plus im used to black with my 3G. If your spending 200 dollars on a color more than you are a phone, then you have a problem.

Now, the fact some people in the same household want different colors is logical and I understand, but to blame people that ordered 6 iPhones at once is wrong in my opinion. That's why its on a first come first serve basis, and thats why they dont limit the amount you can buy.

In the end, your gonna get your iPhone, it just might be a week late...Oh well..spend some more time with your old iPhone

christyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Salt Lake
It amazes me how Apple is not at fault according to many, but we're calling people names for wanting to exchange a phone later.

That being said, it also amazes me that some people are this obsessive over a COLOR.

I was going to get white, but I have no phone and am not going to risk the whole go phone thing and losing my data plan, so waiting is not an option. If my husband upgrades this summer, I may just order him a white and give him my black, but otherwise it's not the end of the world. I may end up liking black better, we'll see.

Honestly I seriously doubt white is going to come out before late July/August making it impossible for people to exchange anyways.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.