Buying iMac from Apple vs regular computer shop?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Samurai Shampoo, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Samurai Shampoo macrumors member

Hi, whats up?

I was wondering if buying an iMac from Apple directly has any benefits?
    Like Apple Care maybe?

The store that Id like to purchase from offers different guarantee options. 2,3,4 or 5 years of Apple guarantee.

But is a guarantee or care package included when purchasing from Apple directly or is there no difference?

Thanks in advance.

2. nambuccaheadsau macrumors 65816

nambuccaheadsau

You purchase AppleCare/AppleCare+ from Apple when you order the machine. Aple does not have a four or five year option so be careful. I always purchase directly from Apple using the web site.

3. Samurai Shampoo thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, but I cant tell from your wording if you mean Apple Care is included in every Apple online purchase or if it is optional. Whih one is it?

4. chicagofan00 macrumors regular

5. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68030

You can buy AppleCare (Apple's extended service and support product) and bring your equipment to Apple Stores and Apple's authorized service providers for service and support, whether you bought the equipment directly from Apple, or not (as long as it's a legitimate Apple authorized retailer). If the retailer doesn't offer AppleCare, you can buy the coverage directly from Apple.

However, if you buy from someone other than Apple, the extended warranty/service agreement may not actually be AppleCare. If the coverage comes from a different company, then Apple Stores aren't going to provide service after the first year (the standard warranty period).

6. lexvo macrumors 65816

I always buy directly from Apple. I don't have a solid rationale however, it is more that I think Apple is willing to do more service if you buy directly from them (and have Applecare). A good shop might do equal service though.