Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wildo6882

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Illinois
http://sendvid.com/gl4ks127

Here is my video clip. I don't have a second YouTube account too upload the clip. It's 9 seconds there is slight ambient noise but what your wanting to here is the EEEEEE

I don't think that sounds bad at all. I've sent two AT&T models back because they would make a bad screeching sound as soon as you fired up the camera. It would level off after 3-4 seconds, but they ruined the beginning of my videos. I recently ordered another unlocked version, which is supposed to be here by Dec. 22nd. If it sounds like yours, I'd keep it. If it sounds like my previous ones, I'm returning.

Faust_One

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2016
Italy
Update: I can return my iPhone and then buy a new one, so no problem. I'm tired, I wanna enjoy my phone only...

ShadowYYZ

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2016
Tulsa Oklahoma
I don't think that sounds bad at all. I've sent two AT&T models back because they would make a bad screeching sound as soon as you fired up the camera. It would level off after 3-4 seconds, but they ruined the beginning of my videos. I recently ordered another unlocked version, which is supposed to be here by Dec. 22nd. If it sounds like yours, I'd keep it. If it sounds like my previous ones, I'm returning.

Yeah my first one... yeah, I could legit hear it while taking a phone call or placing one it would sound like the fusion chip coil or something.

I was so paranoid about it at first but now, it really doesn't bother me if I see it fully fixed later on I'll try again. I'm keep mine and have since September early October. My current one is week 38

Wildo6882

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Illinois
So do none of you guys with the more current releases have any videos that sound like these? This was from a phone I got in the middle of October. It was the second one I had that sounded that way. Haven't had one since this, but I just ordered an unlocked one in hopes that it doesn't sound like this.

Wildo6882

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Illinois
I just got an iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Black today.
Checking the manufacture date, it says week 48!

This is really quite bad... right? :(

That doesn't sound bad to me. Did you hear the ones I posted right above yours? That screeching was on the beginning of lots of videos. I would be ok with the one you have. You won't notice unless everything is silent and you turn the volume on full blast.

Reactions: NVD

Faust_One

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2016
Italy
So, I called Apple. They said after 2h waiting that they are aware of this, but is not a problem, is a "characteristic" of the phone because of the CPU. Honestly I'll return my iPhone and then buy a new one...

Reactions: kiannaT

kiannaT

Suspended
Nov 13, 2016
YT is still processing it now, but here's the link:
wk43 here, btw
P.S. I have the same identical outcome on a wk40 unit.

both unit identical same? this exchange procedure started made me think is purposely sent defected item. Faust_One 4 iPhone all the same and you also 2 units. anyone else just got replacement onward still same defected? If order online keeps sending defected why not go to the retail store for purchase. two of my iPhone bought it at apple store was good.

nickelro

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2013
both unit identical same? this exchange procedure started made me think is purposely sent defected item. Faust_One 4 iPhone all the same and you also 2 units. anyone else just got replacement onward still same defected? If order online keeps sending defected why not go to the retail store for purchase. two of my iPhone bought it at apple store was good.
You got it wrong, I bought 2 units which were 'hissgate-free' out of the box (but sadly YT corrupted my sample video); I'll try to repost it later on for reference.

Wildo6882

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Illinois
You got it wrong, I bought 2 units which were 'hissgate-free' out of the box (but sadly YT corrupted my sample video); I'll try to repost it later on for reference.

I'm hopeful that my unlocked one that I ordered a couple of days ago is completely free. I REALLY don't want anymore static in my videos.

nickelro

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2013
I can hear the "eeeeeee". It's a little bit weakened than mine
That "eeeeeeee" is the white noise caused by the mic gain - I'm not disturbed by that; instead I would be very disturbed by the static with "picks" and "pops" heard on other videos posted on this very thread.

Last edited:

Faust_One

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2016
Italy
KiannaT seems not suffer of white noise however

So, in your opinion, is mine perfectly normal?

Last edited:

nickelro

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2013
I can hear the "eeeeeee". It's a little bit weakened than mine

P.S.: Can you post the video on YouTube?

I tried already twice to put it up on YouTube but it got corrupted both times.
[doublepost=1481222518][/doublepost]
KiannaT seems not suffer of white noise however

So, in your opininion, is mine perfectly normal?
After listening to your video, I conclude that both your unit and mine presents an identical white noise / mic gain; therefore I'd consider them normal any day.

Last edited:

kiannaT

Suspended
Nov 13, 2016
I tried already twice to put it up on YouTube but it got corrupted both times.
[doublepost=1481222518][/doublepost]
After listening to your video, I conclude that both your unit and mine presents an identical white noise / mic gain; therefore I'd consider them normal any day.
Yes indeed had eeeee in recording. mine no eeeeee. I believe more iPhone without eeeeee especially newer edition. As I said before if this not bothering you will be not an accused, but somehow future recording quite environment might haunt you again. Btw mostly of us will keep this phone around 2 year so might not a big issue only you felt really want to get what you pay for. Thx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.