Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vistokid

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
Lol did you order it not realizing the price?

Unfortunately it's been like that since the 6 I think. Between Plus size, higher store having price premiums, and the currency exchange, I think I've been paying ~$1300 tax in since the 6 Plus launched.

I ordered it on pre-order night at 1 am. I thought it was $1230 with tax haha. I have a 256GB 7+ with AC+ that's doing just fine, I'm good for the year.

celly

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
Calgary
Damn the 8 Plus is PRICEY! I picked my 256GB SG Plus this morning and it was $1332.45 all in (Alberta so I'm actually paying less than most). It's going back sealed. I'm keeping my 7 Plus. If anyone in Edmonton wants it for exact cost let me know! I got caught up in the pre-order! :)

Yes, but such a sweet phone. No regrets here.

Reactions: vistokid

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
Fido will NOT be carrying the X

as per the Fido rep:

The reason for my question is because Fido will not carry iPhone X. While we’d like nothing more than to carry all the different new iPhone models, the fact is, we make inventory decisions based on the trends we see from our customers. This year we’re focusing on iPhone models that we think will be most popular with our customers. Overall, we’ll have a great selection of iPhones in different sizes and colours.

You can also get iPhone X directly from Apple unlocked and use it with your Fido sim card, we have a great selection of BYOP plans available!​
26595EB8-8689-4069-A79D-686838A6A8FC.png
I'm with Fido too, I guess they'll be surprised when they see I'm activating a sim in an iPhone X hahahah

lali

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2007
I was really tempted to go to Eaton Centre today and pick one up and already sold out? Talk about a bungled launch! they used to get 1000's of phones on launch day.. I wandered by an hour ago and the line up was 10ppl and was heading back around 11..

Oh well, guess i'll wait till next year. . .
Hi
Montreal Apple Store 17:30 today: iPhone 8 plus 256GB space grey in stock. Store was busy but crowd wasn’t much larger than usual.

watchthesky

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2012
Canada
anyone know what telus upgrade pricing for the 8 is like? can't seem to log in to my account to check but my current contract is up in december

vistokid

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
Have you considered just returning yours? They have a liberal return policy. Will be hard to sell yours for cost. Demand is soft for the phone.

Yep. Going back Sunday if no one wants it. No biggie at all.

more fps

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2011
Ottawa
I just hope we canadian don't get like 100 iphone x stock.I'm probably going get the 256gb version, coming back to iphone from my gs8+.

Nic727

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2017
Do store receive iPhone on Saturday?

In Ottawa they don't have iPhone 8 Space Grey (64 GB) anymore. They said me they will receive new one on Friday, but they didn't. So maybe today they will get some? They said me they update the reservation website around 10am and 1pm.

DoctorWho36

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
Preorders go up soon for the X. I saw Rogers had some pre-approval service going on. Also, I assume Sim free versions will be available for Canadians at Apple.com like they always are.

rsxmachine

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2007
ya question is how many phones will be available in Canada. I honestly have a feeling not one person will get phone on Nov 3 in Canada. Pre-orders will probably start with December shipping.

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
ya question is how many phones will be available in Canada. I honestly have a feeling not one person will get phone on Nov 3 in Canada. Pre-orders will probably start with December shipping.
There's no way that not one Canadian will get one at launch. It has already been confirmed that the major carriers will have stock on launch day. Will the number of phones sent to Canada be much lower than usual? Absolutely.

Selcher

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2017
Canada
I'd pre-order one but I just can't imagine going from a 7 Plus screen size down to the iPhone X... Looks like I'll keep this one another year or wait until Black Friday and maybe pick up an 8 Plus to roll with for a year...

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
I'd pre-order one but I just can't imagine going from a 7 Plus screen size down to the iPhone X... Looks like I'll keep this one another year or wait until Black Friday and maybe pick up an 8 Plus to roll with for a year...
This has been debated to death, the iphone X screen is barely smaller than the 8+. Its the actual size of the whole phone that is a stark contrast (because of the bezels).

more fps

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2011
Ottawa
You do know 7 plus screen size is 5.5 inches and 10 screen size is 5.8 inches. Yeah the screen size on gs8+ is 6.2 inches , so 0.4 inches difference isn't that much. I'm going be switching over from a gs8+ to iPhone 10.

Selcher

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2017
Canada
This has been debated to death, the iphone X screen is barely smaller than the 8+. Its the actual size of the whole phone that is a stark contrast (because of the bezels).

You're high as a bird's poossy if you think the plus isn't bigger in landscape mode...
[doublepost=1508944362][/doublepost]
You do know 7 plus screen size is 5.5 inches and 10 screen size is 5.8 inches. Yeah the screen size on gs8+ is 6.2 inches , so 0.4 inches difference isn't that much. I'm going be switching over from a gs8+ to iPhone 10.

Yes, I'm not retarded... I know exactly which phone is bigger in landscape mode... Apparently you don't...

BenAir

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2008
New York, NY
Question about pre-ordering on the Apple Store app.

Coworkers and I are on a Rogers work plan together. We want to order the X under a new contract discount (we all bought unlocked out of contract 7’s last year).

Can we use the Apple Store app tonight to pre-order for in-store pickup or delivery and get the discounted phone? We’ve seen mixed reports of people being able to do this from the iPhone 8 launch.

Currently when we go to the app, there doesn’t seem to be any way to select a carrier (in our case Rogers) - only able to select the iPhone X model, color, etc. We’re especially confused because several of us used to live in the states - where the opposite problem exists (unlocked phones are harder to pre-order via Apple Store in some cases).

TLDNR: Can we ONLY pre-order directly through Rogers if we want the contract discount?

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga

Coworkers and I are on a Rogers work plan together. We want to order the X under a new contract discount (we all bought unlocked out of contract 7s last year).

Can we use the Apple Store app tonight to pre-order for in-store pickup or delivery and get the discounted phone? We’ve seen mixed reports of people being able to do this from the iPhone 8 launch.

Currently when we go to the app, there doesn’t seem to be any way to select a carrier (in our case Rogers) - only able to select the iPhone X model, color, etc. We’re especially confused because several of us used to live in the states - where the opposite problem exists (unlocked phones are harder to pre-order via Apple Store in some cases).

TLDNR: Can we ONLY pre-order directly through Rogers if we want the contract discount?
As far as I know, if you want the contract discount in Canada you'll have to go through rogers or an authorized 3rd party retailer such as best buy to buy the phone.

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
Anyone know if I pre-order online and choose in-store pickup, do I have to wait in the line (if there is one) or will I have priority?

rsxmachine

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2007

Coworkers and I are on a Rogers work plan together. We want to order the X under a new contract discount (we all bought unlocked out of contract 7’s last year).

No, Apple app and apple.ca are only for unlocked full price. Any carrier phones have to be ordered through carrier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.