Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
You are correct if you don't see it in the Cellular settings on the Watch then it is not complete. Did you actually check your Verizon account to see if the Watch plan was added?

Dave
[doublepost=1506097101][/doublepost]
Mine doesn’t work either with ATT.

AW3 cellular
Setup watch as new

Tech support doesn’t know what’s going on.
Do you have a new Unlimited Plan or a Mobile Share Plan like those listed below?

Eligible iPhone plans:
  • AT&T Unlimited Plus℠
  • AT&T Unlimited Choice℠
  • Mobile Share Advantage
Dave

rbalkun

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
I have a receipt from Verizon adding it but it’s not listed in the account.

Applenoob34

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2014
You are correct if you don't see it in the Cellular settings on the Watch then it is not complete. Did you actually check your Verizon account to see if the Watch plan was added?

Dave
Do you have a new Unlimited Plan or a Mobile Share Plan like those listed below?

Eligible iPhone plans:
  • AT&T Unlimited Plus℠
  • AT&T Unlimited Choice℠
  • Mobile Share Advantage
Dave

Unlimited Plus

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
I have a receipt from Verizon adding it but it’s not listed in the account.
OK so it is still in the Workflow queue since it is not showing on your account. All these little details help determine all the places where it can break under a real load. To be honest there is no way that Apple and the Carriers can test this type load on their servers. So that makes us Beta testers...

Dave
[doublepost=1506097869][/doublepost]
I was just told they won’t activate it because I’m on a grandfathered unlimited data plan....

Sounds like I’ll be returning if this is true
Hold on, don't give up quite so quickly. What happens if you go online to your AT&T account and try to purchase an Apple Watch LTE? You don't have to complete the whole purchase just get past the "plan" check to see what the system says concerning your existing plan.

I never accept the answer from a single Customer Service rep.

Dave

Mschill304

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2015
Memphis, Tn
Very strange.

Set up my Series 3 watch with a backup from Series 2.

No prompt at the finish of install to sign up for cellular.

Went to the CELLULAR option in the watch app and I get a message saying AT&T does not support Apple Watch.

I know all of this is wrong. Anyone have any ideas here?
I was able to set up my S3 with cellular just by going through the setup options. The watch asked me if I would like to connect to cellular then it took me to Att for the number sync. Now, I have cellular.

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
To add to above, I just chatted with tech support for AT&T - I got two links - one to add a 'line' and one to perform the numbersynch...so there shouldn't be an issue - even easier if it all goes through the set up options.

rbalkun

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
Just talked to Verizon tech support they said they are doing maintenance on the systems to use the watches and they have no estimate of when it will be online.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
Just talked to Verizon tech support they said they are doing maintenance on the systems to use the watches and they have no estimate of when it will be online.

Thank you for the update. I can stop turning off my phone and trying to make a call with the watch for awhile.

UFGatorMel

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2012
So I got to the option to add cellular. I put in my account details, I can see my account in the background, but the circle is just spinning. Says it may take up to 30 seconds to complete, but it's been like 10 minutes. Not sure if I should just keep letting it go.

RyCan3

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2010
So I got to the option to add cellular. I put in my account details, I can see my account in the background, but the circle is just spinning. Says it may take up to 30 seconds to complete, but it's been like 10 minutes. Not sure if I should just keep letting it go.
What plan do you have?

KG87

macrumors member
May 26, 2015
This has been a disaster and completely unnecessary. May switch our family's 7 line plan to Verizon since they seem to have been prepared for this...

Reactions: cseggleton

gsucyclist

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2014
This has been a disaster and completely unnecessary. May switch our family's 7 line plan to Verizon since they seem to have been prepared for this...

Verizon went through great. The first time I tried I got an error message and I just waited awhile and tried it again through the watch app and it went through and was pretty painless

WardFail

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2017
Texas, USA
I'm on a grandfathered Unlimited plan with AT&T and Numbersync fails saying my plan is unsupported. I plan on jumping ship to Verizon on the iPhone X launch anyways so I think I'm going to live without LTE on my watch until then.

UFGatorMel

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2012
So it timed me out, I started over, got through some more screens and then got "We can't complete your request right now."

sydia21

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
Washington, DC
So it timed me out, I started over, got through some more screens and then got "We can't complete your request right now."
Mine kept cycling back to the login screen and after trying 3-4 times it worked. Servers are probably overloaded right now so just keep trying.

UFGatorMel

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2012
Mine kept cycling back to the login screen and after trying 3-4 times it worked. Servers are probably overloaded right now so just keep trying.
I'm just worried because my account is now saying I have three devices even though it's still only showing the two iPhones on the account. Sigh.
[doublepost=1506104925][/doublepost]And it shows the AT&T in the watch app, just as not in use. I guess I need to call.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
On the phone with them now, what a nightmare. Sounds like they are going to set it up with it’s own number (similar to how an iPad works). Going to see what happenens as we proceed through these painful steps.

Having to read all the numbers over the phone because their system isn’t ready for us to do it online is near inexcusable. I would be more forgiving if they had a public announcement over it, but, at this point the only thing they have on their site is a link to buy an Apple Watch.

RyCan3

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2010
I had to move off grandfathered plan to unlimited plus then add a third line for the watch.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
On the phone with them now, what a nightmare. Sounds like they are going to set it up with it’s own number (similar to how an iPad works). Going to see what happenens as we proceed through these painful steps.

Having to read all the numbers over the phone because their system isn’t ready for us to do it online is near inexcusable. I would be more forgiving if they had a public announcement over it, but, at this point the only thing they have on their site is a link to buy an Apple Watch.

It does have it's own phone number. NumberSync for Apple Watch (Cellular) does the magic and it needs to be setup. The setup of NumberSync is part of the initial setup or "on watch" setup or can be done manually in Myatt.

Dave

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008

Dave

Eligible iPhone plans:
  • AT&T Unlimited Plus℠
  • AT&T Unlimited Choice℠
  • Mobile Share Advantage
Dave

I have a Mobile Share Value plan. Ought it to work on that one???
[doublepost=1506106093][/doublepost]
I had to move off grandfathered plan to unlimited plus then add a third line for the watch.

That sucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.