Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
Here is what I'm getting now...

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 76

ridid44

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
hey

I tried updating and it said "Trying to connect to the update server" than i waited and it said "current version is 1.1.4" but it trying to connect is a lot of progress

Also, There is something on the front page of yahoo.com about the problems! (well for me there is)

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
Now when you click the Learn More link it no longer tells you the iTunes store is not available, it tells me that the request timed out, does this means their servers are coming back up?

Edit: S*** nevermind, now it's giving me the unavailable message again. :(

Edit2: Now it's telling me 1.1.4 is the latest again, this is so f***ed up.

brickster720

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
notice how the AP article shown above is also a link off of cnn.com

and yet it fails to mention that apple is doing anything about it.

mrwooding

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2008
The Apple Store
and yet it fails to mention that apple is doing anything about it.

This is the most annoying part, apple ALWAYS keeps us in the dark until they get stuff working, they really need to put an update on the site, not very tough just like a little message next to the "Buy the software update" link that says "oh and btw that link doesn't do jack s***"

brickster720

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008

ppc_michael

Apr 26, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I found a link to an alleged iPod 2.0 firmware file. It's an apple.com address, and the filename is iPod1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw.zip. It's 223 MB. Do you think that sounds right? WHy would it be unprotected, bypassing payment?

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
Well I'm off to work until 10PM tonight, I was hoping to be able to play around with the new apps at work. Oh well. Hopefully it will be up when I get home tonight.

tracdoor

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Berkshire, England.
Why doesn't Apple just say what's gone wrong and when it will be fixed? :mad: It makes my blood boil!!

I can't see it being much better tomorrow unless they upgrade their servers; highly unlikely.

I was so looking forward to getting apps on my iPod, since I don't want to Jailbreak it in case of the unfortunate.

MattGTO

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Mckinney, Texas
I just called them (again) and she said that they pulled it off altogether because of traffic...I don't believe that that is the reason...

tracdoor

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Berkshire, England.
I found a link to an alleged iPod 2.0 firmware file. It's an apple.com address, and the filename is iPod1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw.zip. It's 223 MB. Do you think that sounds right? WHy would it be unprotected, bypassing payment?

Didn't someone find that earlier? I'm sure Apple removed it actually but I'm not sure, it does sound about right too, great news for my 200KBPS internet connection :eek: - looks like I'm going to be up late tonight!

mrwooding

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2008
The Apple Store

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME
already tried it, gives you an unknown error AND puts your pod into recovery mode so you have to wipe it. Trust me its just really annoying.

tnd713

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Come on!!!!

I got up early to download the 2.0 update, and I have been waiting (and cursing) all day long over it! Come on, Apple. You are my all time favorite, but you need to fix this!!:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.