Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ibell63

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2007
one would think that with all the money they are making selling us this (touch users at least) that they would have enough to pay for servers and bandwidth..... and how could they guess how many people are going to download it wrong. they sold every ipod touch and iphone so they know how many are out there, they should have prepared better. not often does apple dissapoint me, but this is one of those times.

Two words, Burstable Bandwidth.

tracdoor

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Berkshire, England.
still not working? I'm keeping up on my touch.. Surely they knew that there would be thousands if not millions trying to update to 2.0 - absolute shambles.

It looks like they've pulled the plug on the servers today. I'm checking back tomorrow.

.michael

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2007
Lol, I finally just chilled out. I though about it; and thought...

It's an upgrade. Calling apple isn't going to do anything. If everyone on this site would just quit iTunes for like an hour, maybe we could actually get it. I feel sad for all the people on here the constantly keep pressing "Check for Update" every fifteen seconds. Do something with your time and let Apple fix the problem.

But yeahh, this SUCKS!

ilifecomputer

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2005
CA
Gets popcorn....

I have had better experiences with Mac, myself. I also depend on mine daily for equation modeling. Something that isn't ready is........ not ready.

You made business contracts depending on these updates? I doubt it. Seems to me you're just irrationally impatient. Evidenced by the fact that you responded perfectly to a post that did not specifically mention yours at all.

Yes, my G3s were more solid. My clamshell was impressively consistent. STILL, I choose to compute on what I choose to compute on. I do not think Apple has dropped the ball enough for you to stop posting on here. You forget that this thread is in the ipod touch section referring to the 2.0 update. ITS NOT READY. Hope your business doesn't suffer much because your touch isn't updated. Looks like its suffering more from time wasting.

For the rational complainers: I'm there with you guys. This sucks. Reminiscing about the past is just plain hilarious.

ilifecomputer

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2005
CA
I assume hes tripping out, upset, and trying to figure out what part of the network let him down the most. Whoever gets this running the fastest, is getting a massive holiday ham.

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
It looks like they've pulled the plug on the servers today. I'm checking back tomorrow.

I don't believe you. I guarantee you will be back on MacRumors.com just like the rest of us looking at that same stupid iPhone newsarticle that will be on top of the page all night long.

As an ipod touch owner, I DO feel like a second class citizen. I'm sorry that I want the awesomeness of an iPhone without the monthly fees.

sportsfrk214

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
My friend was just at the Apple Store in NYC. They told him it would be available at 9 PM ET. I don't know how accurate the information is these employess are giving, but that's what they said.

macfanboy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
I can't even connect my touch without itunes freezing so i guess im just royally screwed :apple:

restart computer, or use xcode to restore

My friend was just at the Apple Store in NYC. They told him it would be available at 9 PM ET. I don't know how accurate the information is these employess are giving, but that's what they said.

a guy from macrumors said he called apple and they said 6 PM PST, so lets see what happens

great high wolf

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2006
Wow, even after going down the pub (UK Time), it's still not up.

At least I'm freaking knackered so they'll have even longer to get it out before I wake up tomorrow and check for it.

Sigh. Damn popularity, etcetcetc...

brengla

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2007
Scottish
Wow, even after going down the pub (UK Time), it's still not up.

At least I'm freaking knackered so they'll have even longer to get it out before I wake up tomorrow and check for it.

Sigh. Damn popularity, etcetcetc...

I was in the pub but came home for this ... an overwhelming feeling of disappointment :(

eddyg

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2003
Christchurch, New Zealand
apple should've released the 2.0 upgrade yesterday for the ipod touch instead of the iphone

No - that would have detracted from the iPhone 3G launch. They should have not made the iPod touch or iPhone 2.5G upgrade available until a few days after the iPhone 3G release.

That way those paying for the new toys get it first - and then the rest of us get it afterwards.

Cheers, Ed.

cuanurse

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2007
Virginia
No - that would have detracted from the iPhone 3G launch. They should have not made the iPod touch or iPhone 2.5G upgrade available until a few days after the iPhone 3G release.

That way those paying for the new toys get it first - and then the rest of us get it afterwards.

Cheers, Ed.

ooorrrr make it available earlier for the already loyal customers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.