Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pmouritz

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2015
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hey all!

I just recently discovered the Native Union Eclipse Charger (https://www.nativeunion.com/eclipse-charger/) and I must admit I already adore the product! It seems very clever and has an incredibly nice design.

I would like a hub to reside on my desk to charge Apple Watch, iPad, iPhone and Macbook 12" and the Native Union Eclipse Charger can do all that. However, it got me thinking why not add Qi charging so you could just smack your phone on top of it. I asked their support and they say that they're currently working on the concept. However, would maybe be able to launch in last quarter of the year 2018 if it lived up to their QA/QC (not guaranteed date).

Anyways, it got me thinking if any of you guys know a charging hub like the Eclipse with/without Qi charging, please let me know!

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
You can get USB power blocks that have a QI charging pad embedded on the top. I'm sure there will also be some out soon, if not already, with USB-C Power Delivery for the likes of a Macbook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.