Cleaning junk from iPhone to speed it up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chri501, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Chri501 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Is there an app made by Apple which cleans the junk from an iPhone like Clean My Mac cleans junk from a hard drive on a mac book? I am hoping there might be an app like this for iPhone in order to speed up the processing or RAM on the iPhone.

Please let me know if there is one, or isn't one.

Thanks!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. addamas macrumors 6502

addamas

If you have jailbreak there is an app - iCleaner Pro which cleans device up. But reducing animations is way better.

But I repeat - only when you are jailbroken

4. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

You can reset settings, backup and restore, or even restore as new.

I had to recently restore as new as all my apps were freezing, even the camera.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

I would call CleanMyMac malware - it is known to result in an unbootable system.

6. SSAJ macrumors 6502

You can get xCleaner from tutuapp the best cleaner ever

7. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Those generic apps providing such feature would never exactly know what on your device could be considered as "junk". If you do so, then maybe your saved game data, app state, or something else you want to preserve is deleted after "cleaning the junk".

I managed to "clean the junk" using an app and the result was "meh" cause it only cleaned 1GB of junk. And it did not solve the problem which photos.app erroneously occupying 2GB. Some hacks introduced in YouTube might be a better option to clean junk files.

8. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

No need to clean it up except to make sure the OS has plenty of RAM to operate and run a little as you can in the background.

9. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

All those apps do is clean cache (which the whole point of cache is to speed UP your system), and as said before, the OS itself takes care of this on it's own.