closed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheAppleFanKid, Apr 17, 2015.

1. TheAppleFanKid, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  2. e93to macrumors 6502a

e93to

This reminds me... I should specify the color of my iPhones in my sig...

I like white/silver iPhone because it looks nice together with my other aluminum Mac products and my click-wheel iPod. :cool:

3. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

It's nothing more than personal opinion. I don't pay much attention to the opinions of others, they aren't paying my bills ;)

4. TMacGuy macrumors member

I had
    Black iPhone 4
    White iPhone 4s
    White iPhone 5
    Space Grey iPhone 5S
    and now Space Grey iPhone 6+

5. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Sheets; underwear; toothpaste, and bar soap should be white.

iPhones are optional.

6. CrimsonKnight macrumors 6502

CrimsonKnight

Hey different colors of underwear are great!

7. bushido Suspended

bushido

stereotypes ... its like those study abroad guys from the US i have met in Spain who kept asking me if I am gay just because i was wearing V-Neck (this is totally normal here)

8. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Such as brown and yellow?

Time for laundry day.

9. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

I don't think I any colour is feminine or masculine. All personal preference.

I had black iPhones from the 3G to the 4S, also had a black iPad 1st gen.

Then went white with the iPhone 5 and iPad 3.

Couldn't imagine going back to black iPhones now. I much prefer the White.

Most of the people I know have white phones actually. Male and female. Besides two who have blue Galaxy Note 3's.

I don't see a man with a whole phone and think it's too feminine. Any more than me being female and having a black phone would be masculine.

Planning to go gold on my next upgrade.

10. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

I have a white iPhone, white car, and a white girlfriend.... does that make me feminine D:

11. eortizr macrumors member

iPhone in general are for women and old people. But if you are a man and have to have one it must be the Black 6+. Lol

12. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I alternate. Doesn't matter which phone it is, the sequence is the same. White, black, and repeat.

13. unclejamaal macrumors 6502

No one seems to be saying Gold. I remember when the first official gold iphone came out prices were crazy second hand espesially soon after launch.

Also was it the white iphone 4s which got delayed a few months due to production issues? Now that was a money maker for third party front and back plate manufacturers

14. james1758 macrumors regular

james1758

Not sure I've heard this tbh... but yeah I had all black iPhones then for the 3gs got a white one, then been black + space grey ever since. Just personal preference, the colour of your phone is the last thing that denotes your gender haha

15. hamiltonDSi, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015

hamiltonDSi macrumors 65816

hamiltonDSi

It was the white iPhone 4. And it was delayed almost a year (10 months)

There was a problem with the flash and white back glass combo so Apple changed the glass and paint and launched the white iPhone 4 in April 2011 (the black one was launched in June 2010) and because of those changes the white one was actually a little thicker than the black one.

:)

--------

I owned a black iPhone, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
    The only white bezel iPhone that I had was the Gold 5s.

IMHO, black bezel devices look much better.

Attached Files:

16. My Name is URL macrumors 6502

I've always had black iPhones but for the iPhone 6 I switched to white. Glad I did I love the change.

Oh and I'm a guy. Not that it matters.

17. laudern macrumors 6502a

I never use a case for my iproducts, so I always select the white option. It hides the scratches that will occur.

18. unclejamaal macrumors 6502

I remember that Well. Third party manufacturers were charging well over £400 to make your black iphone unto a white One lol.

I've had a black 3gs, white 4, white 5 and that's the last apple phone I owned :( although it's still within the family but not mine now :(.

Hoping to get a 6 plus or 6s plus when released and I think the slate grey looks cool. My iPad air is slate grey in fact

19. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I had a white 3GS and a white 4S. My 5s and 6+ are both black. My 1st and 2nd gen iPads were both black and my iPad mini is also black. I think it looks better than white, but that's just me.

20. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

I used to like white because it just seemed to go better with ios 5-6. In my opinion, it still goes better with ios 7-8, but i prefer the darker colored phone.

21. rjalda100 macrumors regular

I'm a guy and I have a white/silver 5S. Never saw it to be a big deal.

22. got556 macrumors 6502

got556

All of my iPhone's have had black fronts. I went back to a 5S b/c I miss the small form factor and could only find a white 5S in order to be jailbroken. It's on 8.1 32gb but I did only pay $280 for it. With that said, I may still swap the front out even if I can't change the white touchID button.

23. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

I have always went with black iPhones until the gold 5s was announced. I preordered a gold version but after I couldn't get used to the white face - very disappointed because browns and gold is my favorite colors. I went back to space grey for my 6. I traded my 6 last week for a 6 plus and denied 2 people who had the gold / white face combo. When a guy contacted me with a space grey 6plus I jumped on the trade. I'm very happy now until the 7 comes out

I see a lot of white/ silver iPhones carried by men to me buy what you like and be happy it's not gender specific

24. AdamskiUK macrumors regular

Once you go black, you rarely go back ;)

Easier to see in your bedsheets when you wake up in the morning and less easy for thieves to spot in your car/when you put it into your pocket etc. Unless your bedsheets are black/very dark, of course...

Also (more importantly, probably), the white options look terrible. Bring back Slate Grey, Apple!

25. uid15 Suspended

uid15

They're... colours...

[​IMG]

Seriously, time to clean up this forum.