Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
I have a white and gold iPhone. Im a man, who likes women not men, if that makes any difference, which it doesn't. I'll gladly discuss how my iPhone is not feminine with any man who cares to step up ;):D

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
I have a space grey 6+ because I thought the colour does well to make the device appear a little smaller/low key than it actually is.

If I had a regular 6 though, I'd have gone for white/silver. Looks great, isn't girly at all (jury out on gold).

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
Why do some people say this? I've only seen this on mac rumors mainly and I don't understand why people think this. IMO the white iPhones aren't feminine, they just look more classy. At my school almost all guys have white iPhones . For me space gray does look more stealthier, silver and gold look more fancier but both guys AND girls use it too. But to be honest between silver and gold I've seen more guys use the silver and more women use gold but thats just an observation.

the premise of this question is so 1995.

if the question were something more simple, like: "which color do you prefer" or something like that, it would be at least understandable.

but the context of equating a black phone with something more masculine is so outdated.

we can only hope that the next iPhone 6s this september has Lime Green, or Copper, or Tangerine, and a great ivory black (instead of a sickly "space grey").

i seriously want a black iPhone.

people: Think Different (pls...)

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
I don't really care about gender specific colors.

White harms the perception of contrast for me. I want a white iphone like I want a white TV. Which is to say not at all.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I don't really care about gender specific colors.

White harms the perception of contrast for me. I want a white iphone like I want a white TV. Which is to say not at all.

I have a white Samsung TV mounted to a white wall in my house, it works in that situation. It wouldn't if I'd have painted the wall black though lol. I'm the opposite with white iPhones though as the white bezel isn't distracting at all on mine.

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
I've always owned black but thought white looked pretty nice too, untill the 5S. The silver Touch ID ring really scews it up. The white iPhone 5 looked very pristine and elegant, the 5S not so much.

apple-iphone-5s-and-iphone-5-front-view-540x334.jpg

Apple should make the Touch ID ring white.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
I've always owned black but thought white looked pretty nice too, untill the 5S. The silver Touch ID ring really scews it up. The white iPhone 5 looked very pristine and elegant, the 5S not so much.

Agreed. Its one of the reasons I think gold looks better. The gold touch ID ring is better (to me) than the silver.

AlphaHumanus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Male with a space grey IPhone 6. Color isn't gender specific, I just like the black bezels better than white.

Still, the iPhone 6/+ is hideous.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
The iPhone 6/+ are gorgeous devices.

Worst looking iPhones since the 3GS for me.

----------

I like the silver ring and think it makes the 5S look better than the i5. Subjective innit.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
I had a white/gold 5s, but went with the space grey 6 Plus. I'm not really a fan of the 6 Plus in white. It looks toyish. And the phone looks bigger (especially thicker) than it looks in black. If I were to get an iPad i'd probably get a white one though. I like to mix it up.

ishani

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2015
Now a survey has revealed that women tend to buy the sleek, silver iPhone 5S while men prefer the plastic, white iPhone 5C.

I also like White iphone with royal look

venomgt95

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2014
Michigan
the premise of this question is so 1995.

if the question were something more simple, like: "which color do you prefer" or something like that, it would be at least understandable.

but the context of equating a black phone with something more masculine is so outdated.

we can only hope that the next iPhone 6s this september has Lime Green, or Copper, or Tangerine, and a great ivory black (instead of a sickly "space grey").

i seriously want a black iPhone.

people: Think Different (pls...)

A copper colored iPhone would be so awesome

zmunkz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007
Like some others in the thread, I alternate colors to keep from getting bored. I don't see the masculine/feminine thing... That does seem to be clickbait

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.