Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mick_ag

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2017
There’s something going on with color management in iOS 12 b1. My pink color shift is almost gone now.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Replacement arrived and it's perfect. Screen is uniform and not complaints! Typical off axis shift but same as my other good phone that had to be replaced. Pleased. It only took two exchanges. Lol

Awesome got pics ?

Screen or unit replacement ?

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
No pics unfortunately as the first two phones I had were returned. It was a whole unit replacement. Very pleased with it!

Nice!

Mine is darker and yellower side by side with 7plus indoors. In bright lighting it
Looks brighter

Gonna see what apple says.

Kinda ready to give up tho

Yeah they said 5 for 5 employees preferred my x to my 7plus even tho my 7plus is blindingly bright

He refused to compare the two for a while and insisted different tech, even tho I’m well aware and have seen units with
Comparable brightness

Oh well would
Probably just get a worse one with rainbow gradient and get banned from repairs and truly be SOL

Absurd tho how arrogant some techs can be

I’ve had AMAZING experiences in general but every once in a while you get someone who takes issue with what you’re presenting right off the bat and in defensive mode

Without the screen protector it does look better But still not perfect. Oh well

Last edited:

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
There is definitely a wide range with screens on the iPhone X. I got two from the Apple Store in Indianapolis that had a very, very noticeable blue tint to them. I decided to order one from the Apple online store to see if it was any better. The difference is immediately apparent as can be seen in the photos. Both phones were set to the same settings (full brightness, no true tone and no night shift).

IMG_0408.jpg IMG_0410.jpg

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
There is definitely a wide range with screens on the iPhone X. I got two from the Apple Store in Indianapolis that had a very, very noticeable blue tint to them. I decided to order one from the Apple online store to see if it was any better. The difference is immediately apparent as can be seen in the photos. Both phones were set to the same settings (full brightness, no true tone and no night shift).

View attachment 768144 View attachment 768145

I’m assuming you prefer the warm one?

yunuzzz

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2016

View attachment 768144 View attachment 768145
I think I would prefer blue one. My X is identical to your warm one but I’m not used to it because it has too different tone to my iPad, iMac & MacBook Pro.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmy_uk

hwang1607

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2017
Got my screen replaced back in December and it still had pink edges, just went back the other day and got it replaced again, seems to be perfect now no pink edges but shifts blue very quickly when angled. Not really a problem and am quite satisfied with the screen now.

sampo

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2017
Some color viewing angle improvement is definetely needed, otherwise the LCD iPhones keep having a more stable, albeit less vibrant picture.

sampo

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2017
Apple mentioned 60% improved dynamic range for colors and photos during the event. (X vs Xs) Typically these kind of changes require hardware level updates.

Attachments

• 5B92B073-3AA4-4967-8377-461D21715B6B.jpeg
    5B92B073-3AA4-4967-8377-461D21715B6B.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 195

ventmore

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
The Xs hasn’t given me any good reasons to upgrade this year...however...I’m on the IUP, so I may as well. I’m going to wait and see what the wifes Xs looks like when it arrives, and keep an eye on the forums to see if the screens have the same issues as last year before I pull the trigger though. It took me 3 exchanges to get one I could live with last year.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
The Xs hasn’t given me any good reasons to upgrade this year...however...I’m on the IUP, so I may as well. I’m going to wait and see what the wifes Xs looks like when it arrives, and keep an eye on the forums to see if the screens have the same issues as last year before I pull the trigger though. It took me 3 exchanges to get one I could live with last year.

Screen lottery again would be awful so soon... for people who have endured hell on the X

Reactions: ventmore

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007

madKIR

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2010
NYC
"Samsung has been Apple's exclusive supplier of OLED display panels since the iPhone X launched last year. Numerous reports have identified LG as a potential second supplier, as Apple routinely aims to diversify its component makers. "

We don't know that. Its entirely possible LG is in this round of XS and/or XS Max.
I can't wait until 9/21 when I start reading all the comments about horrible screens. Cannot be happier that I'm out of this ridiculous lottery this year. How many times did you have to exchange your X due to this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.