Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
I've actually noticed the opposite. One app I use a lot use to completely reload if I minimized it; now it's keeping content intact. So yeah, I suspect it's a bug.

RealMonster

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
Not noticing this on my iPhone XR.
I AM noticing this on my XR. But it's random.

Usually it's Overcast being killed, and it'll be something like me pausing the podcast with my remote, coming back and seeing that Overcast is gone. It happens about 80% of the time that I pause, but not 100% of the time. It can't be related to RAM usage—unless everything leaks like a sieve now—because I haven't even unlocked the screen or indeed, lifted the phone up at all. It was in my pocket the whole time.

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
Or perhaps Apple will brick more devices and then the problem becomes moot because there is nothing to manage.... Need to find someone who mimics Jobs's idea of management and put these devs in a place where they either say your timelines are too aggressive and push back on Tim or stop releasing garbage that isn't ready yet. It's tarnishing the brand and trust going out the window in droves.

rjohnstone

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2007
PHX, AZ.
Very frustrating as I use an app to make adjustments on my hearing aids.
Before 13.2, everything was fine. After, every time I open the app, I now have to wait for it to pair with my hearing aids again. Makes it extra frustrating as my hearing aids also act my headphones as well.
Incoming calls or listening to music, take a few seconds more before I can hear anything.

Liketheredbaron

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2019
No issues here on my iPhone 11 Pro Max running iOS 13.2. I haven’t noticed it on my 10.5 iPad Pro running iPadOS 13.2 either. Maybe it’s related to restoring from a backup?

JVNPhoto

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2017
Many beta testers identified this issue during testing, and it appears Apple did not fix it upon release. :(

Probably rushing getting 13.2 out in time before the AirPods Pro hit the shelves. I bet 13.2.1 is just around the corner!

MikeSmoke

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2010
Maryland USA
Does the problem show itself if instead of switching Apps one instead opens both apps side by side? If not it’s probably not a memory management problem but a bug.

nihil0

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2016
I just tried to switch between several apps and Safari on my XS and nothing has happened.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Thank god more people are bringing this up. It makes iOS and iPad OS almost unusable. I tweeted Marco Arment’s complaint to Cook and Schiller. Just in case they have someone monitoring their Twitter feed/mentions.
[automerge]1572538094[/automerge]
Maybe that’s why they shouldn’t be putting any longer only 3 or 4GB of RAM on their phones???
I never had this issue with iOS 12.

GalileoSeven

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2015
More proof the Apple is rotten nowadays. Tim Cook & co. seem to have turned peddling garbage into a fine art.

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Affected users are hoping this issue can be resolved in a future software update. We've reached out to Apple for comment.

How many updates do we need to go through each time?!? Apple should pay us as guinea pigs ?

Last edited:

cloudswimmer

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2019
Apple really needs to re-sign IOS 12.4.X so those of us screwed by IOS 13 can revert back. As a musician who heavily relies on iPad and hardware integration I’m miffed! Even though I have over a grand or more invested in pro music apps, and have bought many iPads since the 2nd generation, I’m seriously looking now at the Surface Pro 7. APPLE RE-SIGN IOS 12!

MauiPa

macrumors 68040
Apr 18, 2018
Not happening for me at all. I can open and use mail, safari with multiple tabs, maps, imessage, notes. All are holding position and data intact.
Is there a common thread with people experiencing this “problem”? A sneaky app perhaps?

mgdominguez

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2010
I'm seeing this issue across most of the apps I use on my iPhone 11 Pro Max, though the degree of it varies a lot.

One app where I see it a lot is with Cisco WebEx. Prior to iOS13 I could join a meeting and lock the phone and it would carry on as usual. Now with iOS13 approx 5 minutes after I lock the phone the app stops working, and as soon as I unlock the phone and swipe up the app re-connects. It also happens, though less frequently, if I leave it in the background while I'm doing something else with the phone.

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
I am on 13.1 on my Iphone and Youtube always loads on the lowest resolution and just buffers if I change it. Guessing updating to 13.2 wont help based on these reviews

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.