Conspiracy against Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by supercaliber, Jul 13, 2010.

1. supercaliber macrumors regular

I have decided there is a conspiracy against Apple.

Class action suits
    Crazy negative press over Antenna issue
    Every person not in Apple camp hates Apple (droid lovers, netbook lovers, PC lovers, guys-that-live-in-caves-and-steal-dinosaur-DNA-from-parks)

The complaints have zero weight, they mean absolutely nothing compared to the shortcomings of the alternatives.

If its not a conspiracy then it is mob mentality, Salem witch hunting stuff.

Any psychiatrists out there that can explain this hater phenomenon?

2. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Eh? Phones that can't make phone calls are defected, so people want to sort it out.

3. ecks618 macrumors 6502

ecks618

Yep, Apple's fault for releasing a product thats defective. I love the iPhone 4 and just don't hold it in a way to hinder the calling capabilities but I have tested it that if I do I will experience call drops.

4. Fidget08 macrumors regular

Fidget08

I love pc with all of my heart. I have all PC stuff. Except for an iPhone and iPad. I just like 7, and not 10

5. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

My phone makes calls just fine.

6. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

The nail that sticks out the most gets hit the hardest. Or something like that.

When you're that successful as a company, expect some criticism along with the praise. Wouldn't worry about the whole thing being blown up though-- Apple's success will only increase after this. No such thing as bad publicity.

7. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

I haven't seen an iPhone 4 that can't make phone calls. Mine works beautifully and wouldn't trade it for anything. Maybe all the people that are happy with their iPhone 4 are too busy enjoying themselves and don't really care about all this stuff and so are less vocal.

8. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

It's totally mob mentality and the stupid media.

No one holds there phone in a death grip to use it. I have a iPhone 3GS that has never had an issue, when i heard about the "death grip" i tried it and the same thing happens on that phone.

In the real world 99% of the time this is a non issue. People just have this stupid placebo effect now that they KNOW you can kill the signal if you hold it a certain way and will blame that on every dropped call or other issue which is usually the fault of AT&T's horrid network.

Oh well.

9. kangaralph macrumors member

people need to get over this. its just a phone. put a case and done.

10. twigg macrumors member

Are you serious? The other phones can make reliable phone calls! And they do have weight, obviously you haven't seen the videos and heard the complaints. Other phones may suffer from he same issue but not like this, not to this extent. And yes, the alternatives have shortcomings but so does the iPhone. Fanboy much?

11. HOiYA macrumors member

I am sorry but I do believe there is a real reception problem. When I place a 3GS and IP4 side by side on table, The 3GS gets 4-5 bars where as the IP4 gets no signal at all. You can't tell me that a case will resolve this problem.

12. samcraig macrumors P6

I am sure the same psychologists could explain denial, egocentrism and groupthink to you as well.

I know it's hard to admit.... but maybe JUST maybe - people are having issues with their phones. And maybe JUST maybe - Apple has not only released a product with defects but also has responded to those defects in an inappropriate way so far.

But go ahead - blame the people who are requesting the issue gets fixed. You want to see them as haters? How about that they love their phones and Apple so much they don't want to accept anything less that a working phone.

Now I'm not a fanboy. Nor am I a hater. But the issues are real. That's not even open to debate as far as I am concerned. Will or How they are addressed is.

13. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Why does the most simple solution appear to be the most difficult to many?

14. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Oh god please pleasee let me see a video of this. You're telling me two idle iphones not being touched has 4-5 bars and the new phone has NONE.

Such lies. If that was the case you'd bring it back in two seconds.

This pontificating nonsense is killing me.

15. supercaliber thread starter macrumors regular

Nice point. Maybe Apple can use this to their advantage, show off their world-class customer support.

However, I do think there is a huge mob of dorks hiding in the shadows just hoping to pounce on any sign of weakness in Apple. Like they are going to say 'told you so' a million times as they fall asleep and everything they have ever felt is now justified in their eyes. So funny.

16. satirev macrumors 6502

seriously, you have no idea what youre talking about. leave now while you still can...

17. HOiYA macrumors member

I will post one for you tonight when I get home. This is not a lie. I am seriously considering returning the phone. I only had it delivered this week.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

World class customer service? Right now that's questionable with retorts like "Just hold it different"

And there is such a thing as bad press. To think otherwise is naive and ridiculous. I've been in Marketing and PR for over 20 years. There is DEFINITELY "bad" press. You think BP is patting each other on the back for THEIR press lately? WOW

I try not to label ardent fans and supporters of Apple as fanboys - but you, OP, are AMAZING.

19. supercaliber thread starter macrumors regular

I said in light of the flaws found in the alternatives. Put a case on your phone problem solved. I did.

YOu can't solve Droid problems so easily. You make my point for me, thanks.

20. supercaliber thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, there is, buy a case. I wish i could fix a droid so easily. ha ha alas you cannot.

21. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

And that's why many psychologists are on medication too.

22. HOiYA macrumors member

how would a case resolve this problem? I really don't see how.

23. supercaliber thread starter macrumors regular

I suggested that they could turn a silly case-issue into something positive. Not a mistake that pollutes an entire ocean.

It is a silly issue, buy a case.

Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY!!!!!

24. supercaliber thread starter macrumors regular

WHAT!

OK, well, i had an antenna problem, then I bought a nice Speck case for $30 whole dollars, now my iPhone 4 NEVER drops a call. It works actually better in my office than my 3GS, far better.

So buy a case for your phone, you will never be happier, and it will be protected for you, your children and your children's children.

25. VladM macrumors regular

LOL. I think that the one in need of a psychiatrist is you.