Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Core 2 Duo MacBook - November 13th?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
50,971
12,481
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Play.com posts a product listing for a Core 2 Duo MacBook duo for release on November 13th, 2006.

The accompanying specs simply describe the current 2GHz Core Duo MacBook, however, so no additional details are available.

A release date listing of November 13th is particularly specific and in line with circulating rumors of an updated MacBook before the holiday season.

That being said, Apple resellers have never been given pre-release information for exactly this reason, which means that this information is far more likely to speculative than based on insider information.
 

Attachments

  • playmacbook.jpg
    playmacbook.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 1,389

AoWolf

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
957
1
Daytona Beach
Id much rather the macbook get a real graphics card over the core 2 duo. Oh well any bump in the lineup is a good thing.
 
Comment

50548

Guest
Apr 17, 2005
5,039
2
Currently in Switzerland
Totally bogus, especially because a simple reseller would never get such info beforehand...and also because a change of processor would be followed by many other smaller enhancements.

FAKE.
 
Comment

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
2,414
0
The Library.
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Play.com posts a product listing for a Core 2 Duo MacBook duo for release on November 13th, 2006.

The accompanying specs simply describe the current 2GHz Core Duo MacBook, however, so no additional details are available.

A release date listing of November 13th is particularly specific and in line with circulating rumors of an updated MacBook before the holiday season.

That being said, Apple resellers have never been given pre-release information for exactly this reason, which means that this information is far more likely to speculative than based on insider information.

meh. ill believe it when i see it.:rolleyes:
 
Comment

scott523

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
836
95
Saint Charles, MO
Wow MacRumors pulling a fast trigger on MB release. :eek:
Now I need AppleInsider to jump in for the confirmation. :D
But omg November 13 is a long way so I'm gonna get a MB so I don't kill more time off waiting. :rolleyes:
 
Comment

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
10,423
12,170
UK
Play.com have simply made a spelling error in the title.

Further down the page

Play.com said:
Product Description: Apple MacBook Core Duo 2 GHz - 13.3" TFT

and also
Play.com said:
Processor: Intel Core Duo 2 GHz ( Dual-Core )

They have clearly just decided to start selling Mac's.

There is also the fact that none of the other specs have been updated at all which makes this one the most suspicious, I would expect at the very least the Black Model to get 1GB RAM.
 
Comment

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
6,249
9
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Well I have contacted Play.com to see if they could clarify the situation for me as I am interested in buying from them but only if its C2D :)rolleyes: ) SO we'll see what (If anything) I get back.
 
Comment

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
1,370
14
Friday??

11/13 is a Friday! Everyone knows that Apple only releases products on Tuesdays. :p :rolleyes: :eek:
 
Comment

dane0

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2006
44
0
Århus, Denmark
They have clearly just decided to start selling Mac's.

Nope, they also have the old Core Duos on there
http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/STTS7/3-...500_2_0Ghz_Notebook_Laptop_Black/Product.html
*Edit: Someone already posted about that 6 min :eek:

As far as I know it's business as usual for these sites to announce these things early on, even without a set release date just to garner more sales. Still, I think that this could probably be an indicator that we'll be seeing C2D Macbooks in November, but that was already quite likely in the first place...
 
Comment

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
10,423
12,170
UK
the specs are clearly the old ones. that being said they also sell the Core Duo MacBook on a separate page.

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/11253...500_2_0Ghz_Notebook_Laptop_Black/Product.html

arn

I didn't see that they were already selling them, I have reported the "spelling error", lets see if it gets fixed or not, also I noticed they are selling the Core-2 MBP's from the 13th as well.

dane0 said:
*Edit: Someone already posted about that 6 min :eek:
We are clearly far to quick at responding ;)
 
Comment

joesporleder

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2002
15
0
Kansas
November 13 is a Monday :)

11/13 is a Friday! Everyone knows that Apple only releases products on Tuesdays. :p :rolleyes: :eek:

Friday the 13th would work if we were still in October, but most of the rest of the world that uses the Gregorian calendar has moved on to November! :)

It'd be nice for Apple to release a new/updated product on my birthday, which is Nov. 13, but they seem to like Tuesdays better for release dates!

Joe
 
Comment

awraisch

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2006
16
0
Philly / S. Jersey
1. It was a typo

2. Even if it wasn't, Play.com is clueless. There was an album that i was looking forward to buying in June. Play.com said on their site at that time that it would be released August 22nd. I am still waiting for the album to come out. Play.com is the absolute bottom of the chain, they don't know anything.
 
Comment

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
6,054
2
Montreal, QC
Core 2 Duo MacBook duo

That's just confusing...

As for the November 13th thing, I would love that... I may not be planning to buy one, but any Apple product on my birthday is a good thing. :cool:

I agree that it's unlikely that Play.com knows anything at all, but it still makes for a cool rumour. :)
 
Comment

bmsamson

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2006
10
0
hmm

Did anyone else notice the price, or are you brit's just stuck paying huge markups? 899 comes to around $US 1700, and if we all assume to C2D will come with no price increase, then this is way out of line, at least compared to what the US price on the mb is. :confused:
 
Comment

TheBobcat

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2006
351
0
East Lansing, Michigan
Wouldn't it make more sense for Apple to keep the notebook lines on separate CPU's for the time being? Besides the screen size and graphics, there's little to sell the MBP on, especially at 1000 extra over the MacBook. This assumes that the price of the MB wouldn't increase with C2D.

I'd put my money on C2D in the MacBook either when the gHz speed range is wide enough, or when they can give the MBP Santa Rosa in the spring.
 
Comment

mahonmeister

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2006
297
0
Redlands, CA
Wouldn't it make more sense for Apple to keep the notebook lines on separate CPU's for the time being? Besides the screen size and graphics, there's little to sell the MBP on, especially at 1000 extra over the MacBook. This assumes that the price of the MB wouldn't increase with C2D.

I'd put my money on C2D in the MacBook either when the gHz speed range is wide enough, or when they can give the MBP Santa Rosa in the spring.

Why do people keep saying this? The MacBook Pro and MacBook had very similar clock speeds of the same processors: MB @ 1.83 & 2.0GHz and MBP @ 2.0 & 2.16GHz. If they are going to keep the MB starting at $1099 then they need to keep this trend. Otherwise drop the price.

I see you've just joined so sorry if I sound mean. Just making a point. Welcome to the forums. :)
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.