Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobesch

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 21, 2015
Kiel, Germany
Recently I found out, that the latest Cyberduck-App for Intel-Macs supports two-way autentification for Dropbox, Googledrive and others.
I've mailed the developers, if the PowerPC version of Cyberduck could get this feature too (currently there's only/at least webDAV-support).
He answered, that they ceased PPC development but since Cyberduck is OpenSource anyone is free to implement that feature into the old PPC-version.
Unfortunatly I have no programming skills at all, but maybe someone here has knowledge and fun for that task. It could open a long-term option to get/keep access to main Cloud-providers.

macmee

Suspended
Dec 13, 2008
Canada
I haven't used dropbox in a long time but I *think* I used to use it on my G4 iMac. Is the PPC client for dropbox really bad now?

bobesch

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 21, 2015
Kiel, Germany
Cyberduck would be an alternative option to bypass both native clients and (slow) access through browser.
[doublepost=1484682758][/doublepost]
There may be some workarounds that can be employed here, but I would have to do some research.
I guess the developers are really responsive for any help - had a nice email conversation.
And hey, they have a 12" Powerbook on one of the pictures on their homepage :)

Reactions: pochopsp

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Copy and paste source code from Intel into PPC compiler. Recompile.

Too bad it's not that easy.

It is really a shame, as a lot of programs would easily be backported then.

Cyberduck would be an alternative option to bypass both native clients and (slow) access through browser.
[doublepost=1484682758][/doublepost]
I guess the developers are really responsive for any help - had a nice email conversation.
And hey, they have a 12" Powerbook on one of the pictures on their homepage :)

I wonder if there would be a better method of using a native client...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.