Dang. The iTunes 10 icon is UGLY

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Razeus, Sep 1, 2010.

1. thenetstud macrumors member

2. avit macrumors regular

avit

3. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I said the same thing! I wish I knew how to change application icons. Id find the old one and put it on the new one lol.

(If anyone knows how to do this with iTunes would you kindly post how? :) )

5. cube macrumors G5

I thought "I don't want to upgrade" even before they showed the lack of any useful features.

6. KirkL macrumors 6502

7. Razeus thread starter macrumors 601

I can't believe this is not 9.3 instead. They didn't add anything. The UI is still terrible. In the iTunes store, when I hit the back button, it's too close the the music buttons when I'm playing music and thus ending restarting a song. They need to enable ways to speed up the database, because I'm still getting a bit lag when going through my 226GB music library. Don't care about Ping. The new way to display cover art is weak. And I still can't wirelessly sync nor can I stream my library from the "cloud". Now I have to look at an ugly icon. Sigh. Talk about a rush job.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I agree. The only thing I saw that would be helpful is streaming video to the new Apple TV, but I don't need that yet. I definitely don't want the Ping nonsense! IMO, the whole Twitter/Facebook/MySpace/etc. social networking stuff is way out of hand! There's no way I'd put my personal information on one of those sites, and I definitely don't care for anyone to know what music I own, buy or listen to! Completely useless!

9. suss2it macrumors regular

It's useless to you, but that doesn't mean that it could be very useful to other people. I think it'll be cool to see what my favourite artists are listening to and same with my friends that don't live nearby.

10. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I didn't say anything about other people:

12. suss2it macrumors regular

True, what I should have said is that just because you don't like it doesn't make it nonsense.

13. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's why I said "IMO".... know what that means?

14. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

People really get mad about this crap? :rolleyes:

Change the damn icon to something you like better then, its not hard.

16. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

It's OPTIONAL.

17. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

NO. Everyone knows that every feature ever included in an Apple device MUST be used or it voids the warranty, kicks your dog, and puts a hit out on your children.

I really don't understand the thought process of people who get mad about the ability to use features or choosing not to use them.

18. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Who's getting mad?
    Yes, I'm completely aware of that. Please read the thread to understand the context. I'm saying the Ping feature isn't a motivation for me to upgrade to iTunes 10.

19. Frobozz macrumors 65816

Frobozz

I'm not a fan of the style used for the music note profile. However, I like the overall icon. The background reminds me of a "ping" or radial note wave. I know it's just a gradient, but that's how I read in to it given today's announcements.

I would say "stale" or "unimaginative" for sure. But you're point is very valid.

For all the haters out there, try this little exercise. Imagine the new icon was the old one. Now imagine they just released iTunes 10 with the old icon. How would you think about that? I'm guessing you'd hate it, right? ;-)

20. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Candybar

Probably the easiest way is just using Candybar...

21. JulianNeef macrumors newbie

22. andrew8404 macrumors regular

23. MagnusVonMagnum macrumors 601

MagnusVonMagnum

+1.

I'd be more concerned about that stupid vertical traffic light horror than the dock icon (which is JUST as ugly in the current version; I take that back, actually. I think the new icon is an improvement over that awful CD one). They could improve the icon just by switching to a semi-plastic tone music symbol instead of black over the blue-burst. It'd look less generic.

24. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Get em GGJstudios haha.