Date Bug in iOS 11.1.2 Causing Crash Loop on iPhones as December 2 Hits [Updated]

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 1, 2017.

1. TMRJIJ macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

The irony of this is hilarious o_O. I missed practically every single trending bug due to keeping my devices on Developer Betas.

2. cast128 macrumors member

Tomorrow is going to be a long day for Apple support staff....yikes!

3. broadbean macrumors 6502a

Gone past 5pm in Sydney, Australia, iOS 11.1.2 on iPhone X. Didn’t even know about this bug till I read this. No issue here.

4. justiny Contributor

justiny

5. SumYoungGai macrumors 6502a

why do you think an on-device issue would be reflected in a status page for their online services?

6. CPx macrumors 6502

Yikes...

What about the Reminders app... I have some weekly reminders set up there..

7. TheMacDaddy1 macrumors member

12:24am here, none of my iOS devices are having this issue. Time to go to bed.

8. NoBoMac macrumors 6502a

Though I believe there is some truth to the above, this issue seems to be more a core function that should be the same across all devices.

Not surprised: the "new and improved" (ha!) Notification center has been real wonky for me. Apple too focused on change for change's sake, imo.

9. dampfnudel macrumors 68030

I usually don’t receive notifications late at night so I won’t know until tomorrow. As far as I know I don’t receive repeating notifications that are identical and occur at the same time everyday (if that’s the issue here). I guess one example would be a reminder notification to take your pills at the same time each day. It has the potential to be a very “interesting” day today if this really blows up. I’m just curious why it’s Dec. 2?

10. ljjycss macrumors member

ljjycss

When a company focuses more on diversity than product quality.

11. itsmilo macrumors 65816

itsmilo

To quote Apple „we dont think of the price. We think of the great value and user experience we provide to our customers“

hahahaha, another week another bug on iOS 11. it seems like it is saver to use betas than final releases in Apples case nowadays. Sad

Post makes no sense whatsoever

12. justiny Contributor

justiny

The bug is described as local time-based, so why wouldn’t this affect iCould Reminders and iCloud Calendar on Apple’s servers?

13. genovelle macrumors 6502a

It Almost feels like there is a saboteur that has been planted in their OS department.

14. heimo macrumors 6502

15. haunebu macrumors member

But but but... muh gender-neutral emojis and talking poop!

16. Eorlas macrumors 6502

...because it affects iPhones not servers? it's causing iPhones to crash not services?

please tell me that this isn't really going that far over your head?

17. Makale.Helvetia macrumors 6502a

Makale.Helvetia

No issues here in Turkey. Both SE and 7 working good

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

It seems like it's related to date/time, but also to local notifications, as in those coming from within apps on devices themselves, as opposed to those being pushed remotely.

19. justiny Contributor

justiny

I’m well aware of the differences between server and local notifications. Apparently, my original post was too vague, so I’ll try again.

These reports are sourced from Twitter and reddit. When Apple confirms this, then it will be something to take notice.

In the meantime, I’m not going to panic in the streets like my iPhone is going to melt or think about how I’ll get through the rest of my life without Waterminder notifications.

20. bgd macrumors regular

Hit me last night, in a bar of all places. I briefly wondered whether I may have dropped it.

Anyway after seeing this story I tried the date reset which worked but I couldn't access WhatsApp. So I have just turned off all notifications and set the date back to auto. That worked, stopped resetting and I can access all my apps.

21. NaOH macrumors newbie

Please Apple: Don’t introduce a new bug when you fix this one.

22. Costino1 macrumors 6502

Costino1

No issues on iPhone X runnning affected software here...

Some tech guys in Cupertino are going to work tired right now in their PJs.

23. B4U macrumors 65816

B4U

Actually...Samoa beats NZ a whole hour...
    I just happen to know these kind of geography for some strange reasons...

24. dampfnudel macrumors 68030

If only they were that lucky. They could try to weed that person out. How do you weed out a growing incompetence. Does Apple outsource their QC or something?

25. FireDriller macrumors newbie

FireDriller

This is the worst iPhone bug ever.. my iPhone SE is completely unusable, the respringing thing cut off every function ..the solution is to set yesterday date, I’ve done , it’s the only way to use my iPhone .. but this is ridiculously disturbing and distorting my calendar, events, emails, messages, calls, etc.., everything keep trace of time.