Date Bug in iOS 11.1.2 Causing Crash Loop on iPhones as December 2 Hits [Updated]

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

They either fixed it inadvertently, or 11.2 was delayed a bit. I'm guessing the former. Then again, there was a Phone app glitch on 11.2 and an unusual Feiday beta release.

2. vertsix macrumors 65816

vertsix

i... don't even know what to say at this point lol

um

nice job?

3. justiny Contributor

justiny

The phone app bug was resolved in iOS 11.2 beta 4 and beta realeases on Fridays are not “unusual”.

Please stop spreading misinformation.

4. tw1ll macrumors regular

Actually I think they should take advice, from someone at least. They may be a megacorporation but that doesn't mean they know everything and if the leadership have lost the plot then external help is exactly what they need. Look at the execs, the way they behave at the keynotes shows them to be a bunch of self absorbed multimillionaires. The arrogance of a Jobs stems from the self knowledge he was better than those around him, the current clowns are simply not in the same league and certainly demonstrating they are not fit for purpose running a trillion dollar company.

5. MrkJensen macrumors newbie

I may be the only one but change from front to back camera is also buggy now???

6. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

Is it too much to ask for a day without some catastrophic bug in one of Apple's OSs?

7. justiny Contributor

justiny

I completely, 100% agree.

8. WatchFromAfar macrumors 6502a

WatchFromAfar

Get it out early so they can have Christmas off......

9. ladono macrumors newbie

ladono

My iphone is also overheated! This bug is going to destroy my battery!!

10. GoodBelly macrumors newbie

I was just reading this note at 12:17am, and as soon as I finished reading it my iPhone started crashing and restarting just like predicted... ahhgggrr

11. leandrosml73 macrumors newbie

leandrosml73

Affected here in Greece too. On both ipad air2 and iphone running 11.1.2. Bad day for apple. Too sad. Changing the date and rebooting does the job and i hope they fix this soon.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you tried some of the suggested workarounds?

13. qawes macrumors regular

qawes

14. justiny Contributor

justiny

MacRumors Forums have threads on battery workarounds, right?

15. zz_nosa_r macrumors regular

zz_nosa_r

why do I have a feeling that 30% commenting in this post are trolls and does not have any ios device at all??? I did not experience this bug - luckily me - because i only have a hand full of apps and most of them have notifications set to OFF. I hope apple will release 11.1.3 (if there will be one) or 11.2 (since 11.2 seems to be unaffected) as soon as possible.

16. Beards macrumors 6502a

Beards

Yep, got it in the UK. Altered the date and already come across the first issue in doing this.
    My Data Manager app refuses to work. Only way to get it to work was to delete it AND 3 years worth of data.
    Terrified in checking the Health and Activity Apps!!!

17. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Seems Apple is shifting their focus on quantity instead of quality these days. High Sierra and iOS 11 are nowhere near ready for primetime, even after several updates to fix embarrassingly large security holes or OS malfunctions, and they've both been out for over a month.

They need to get their head out of their ass and release something only when it's ready. Tim, it might mean losing a little revenue because you're not meeting deadlines, but your customers will respect you for it.

18. justiny Contributor

justiny

Welcome to MR Forums. :rolleyes:

19. Fedelix macrumors newbie

because you didn’t experience this bug o_O

20. BiscottiGelato macrumors regular

I don't know if a quick release is a good idea at this point. They can let another bug slip through.

Maybe too much complexity at this point. Apple really need to start considering to go leaner, like the Product Line-up when Steve Job was still around.

And sometimes, slave driver culture just get things done. Maybe too lax now...? You can only milk Job's legacy for so long...

Between this, and the MacOS bugs. Some heads really gotta roll, if anything to send a really strong message. Along with serious reflection on product quality, esp SW.

21. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

It's not that simple. Many apps do that without user's deliberate requests. For example, a language learning app periodically nags you for going back to the lessons, a repeating item from a third party to do list app, etc.

22. zz_nosa_r macrumors regular

zz_nosa_r

Yeah.. Been in this forum for quite sometime now. nothing has change at all.. :)

23. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

Can’t handle the heat I guess

24. zz_nosa_r macrumors regular

zz_nosa_r

Agree. But with an increasing number of affected users, Apple should prioritise this as well. Here in Australia, it's in twitter everywhere. Some of my friends are affected.. They even tried restoring from back up but same result. the only fix they have is disable all notifications.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 2, 2017 ---
    Did you experience the bug? a handful of my mates experience it... and there are alot of people here in Apple Store High Point ~ Australia having this bug.