Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Merlin100

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2013
Sold Out...save your effort....

Attachments

• Sold Out.png
    Sold Out.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 196
Reactions: Gator5000e

Braderunner

Suspended
Oct 2, 2015
Tralfamadore
No longer interested in Apple TV hardware since I can no longer airplay from my iPhone to Apple TV device. Now it tries to hand off to the Apple TV but we have no internet, just intranet. Have to watch on large tv screen using hdmi cable plugged into iPhone.
You’re doing something wrong. I have used mine to AirPlay music and movies from my Mac/iPhone when the internet was out.

ktrammel

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
Midwest
I think it hints to the fact that at&t had a ton of inventory to unload. direct tv now ran a few promotions offering a free Apple TV if you signed up for 3 months of the service, I'm guessing they anticipated a lot more sign ups than they got and these are the left over apple tvs.
If they had a ton of inventory to unload then they were successful. The AT&T site says the product is now out of stock.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
I should have waited, already bought the 32 GB 4K from Apple refurbished store for $149 got it for Disney plus streaming Star Wars series.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Sounds like AT&T has a warehouse full after failing to meet their subscriber targets.

AT&T hasn't offered the free ATV4K with subscription for almost a year now.

However, since they've been developing their own dedicated box for their streaming TV service, my guess would simply be they're discontinuing selling the ATV4K product.

codyliger

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2010
Saw this post, then ordered 3 online for in store pickup during checkout it went “out of stock”. Went to the att store that I was going to pick them up at and they only had 1 remaining. Bought it for $89.50. Went right next door to Best Buy and showed them my receipt from att and they price matched the only 2 they had in stock for me.

acctman

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
new Apple TV Pro coming out before the end of the year 64gb, 128gb and possible 256gb versions....

joshooah

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2010
Saw this post, then ordered 3 online for in store pickup during checkout it went “out of stock”. Went to the att store that I was going to pick them up at and they only had 1 remaining. Bought it for $89.50. Went right next door to Best Buy and showed them my receipt from att and they price matched the only 2 they had in stock for me.
I called two local ATT and they said they aren't honoring the online price. Did they just ring up for $89.50?

predation

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2013
Efff you At my local ATT store. I had ordered for In-store pickup at 4am PST to come and find they sold their units to the people who walked in the store first. eeefffff you ATT store in Bella Terra.

• Angry
Reactions: jbachandouris

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
We looked high and low? Really AT&T? We're not 12.
We may not be but are we sure this isn't true for their software developers... ?‍♂️ :D
[automerge]1572637267[/automerge]
Efff you At my local ATT store. I had ordered for In-store pickup at 4am PST to come and find they sold their units to the people who walked in the store first. eeefffff you ATT store in Bella Terra.

Wait, crappy customer service from AT&T?

• Haha

uneeko1ne

Suspended
Dec 16, 2017
Reno,Nv
Went to go pick mine up an was told my order got cancelled, but no refund for 7-10 days but sure were quick to cancel my order with out even an email saying otherwise

virtualpaul

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2019
The real story here is how AT&T was epically unprepared for the demand and the resulting customer experience fiasco.

They continued to offer the product for in store pickup on their website long after inventories were depleted. Then they started quietly cancelling in-store orders without sending email notifications. By the time people found out their store pickup orders were canceled, the delivery inventory had sold out as well.

AT&T, being the corporate ******s that they are, refuse to honor the orders that were placed earlier while they continue shipping product to those who ordered it for delivery with a much later timestamp than the in-store ones. If the website had accurately reflected the current inventory then people would have ordered for home delivery and would have gotten the product.

What a scam. I advise everyone here to stay away from AT&T products in the future. When corporate screws up you are the one who gets screwed.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Ordered one for delivery this morning, have a shipping notice & USPS tracking #. So we shall see.

I won't be bothered if a new ATV4K device comes out this fall. I already have three of them from when I was subscribing to DTVN and used the free-with-four-months-service deals to get them. Intended to get a fourth one but the promo expired before it was time for my next iteration; we've just used the embedded roku since it's a TCL tv for the bedroom and we mostly just watch morning news/weather on it.

codyliger

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2010
I called two local ATT and they said they aren't honoring the online price. Did they just ring up for $89.50?
I showed the guy the page on att.com and he went to the back and brought the only one he had and rang it up and it worked. He didn’t have to do anything special.

Attachments

• B1A61468-4E55-4B27-8BB8-75C55563D423.jpeg
    B1A61468-4E55-4B27-8BB8-75C55563D423.jpeg
    277.1 KB · Views: 111

TeddieBear

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2019
Ordered mine for in store pickup at 8:30a CST and now just got an email that my order has been cancelled. Ugh!

I didn’t even get an e-mail!

I just checked my order online and both were canceled!

If I hadn’t seen your post I wouldn’t have even checked until I got to the store!

I’ll see if I can price match at Best Buy.
[automerge]1572645900[/automerge]
I tried to price match with Best Buy and they said no, since it was under the special promos section or something like that...

Last edited:

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
I can’t even believe how fast this went...it does border on scam or maybe even a glitch that AT&T realized this price is too low so they pulled stock and shipment even though they probably still have this in their warehouse. This price was even lower than something you’d see on a Black Friday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.