Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haticK

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2011
New York
You'll have it next week. The system just sees that the store has a date of 10/20 so it changes the ship date for your order. Apparently they don't set that stuff up per order.

eyespii

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
Ordered two iP4s - one white and one black, both 16gb. Placed my order around 1am PST on 10/7. Estimated delivery showing 10/21 now as well. lame.

sparkstsa

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
What really has my blood pressure up is the confirmation email I got says...

"Thank you for your order. It is being processed and will be shipped to arrive on 10/14/11."

No "may ship", no "may arrive", no "expected to" crap. It says it will arrive on the 14th and then to have their order status page tell me the 21st.

I'm about to go all Chuck Norris on VZW :mad:

Codepiink

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Westchester County, NY
Don't get too down yet. I am of the opinion this is just a mistake that will clear up. The way Verizon says it works is they have a set aside amount of them and if that is true they would not have sold out of those in less than a minute.

I am going to ignore the issue for the time being since I can't do a darn thing and take other steps Monday if needed like cancelling and just going to the store.

I second that. Getting all worked up now is not doing any good... But if Monday comes and my shipment date changes I will be waiting on line Friday. lol.

khollister

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2003
Orlando, FL
You'll have it next week. The system just sees that the store has a date of 10/20 so it changes the ship date for your order. Apparently they don't set that stuff up per order.

Yeah, I really think VZW's order status system is not too sophisticated - same reason it shows "ship on 10/14" because it doesn't have any concept of deliver by instead of ship by.

My guess is you will be back on for 10/14 delivery once the actual devices go to shipping and get tracking numbers assigned. I suspect it is pulling from the current availability estimates for new orders at the moment.

Way too early to panic - remain calm and disengage from the ceiling :)

FullMetalx117

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
ordered 1 white 16gb iphone and two black 16gb iphones at 5:00 P.M. The email is central time right? BTW how long does it take to check order status?

apearlb

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2011
mine too

ordered a white 16GB at 2:11 am (CST) - got on the minute I could to start the order and it went through fine. Confirmation at 2:50 am - ship date was 10/14 as of 11 am today still when I checked. But tonight it slipped to 10/21? Hopefully just a glitch but I'll be pretty ticked if it's not. I see on the main website the 16GB are all listed for shipping 10/21....but on Apple and AT&T they still have it for the 14th.

Let's just hope their computers are wrong for those of us who ordered almost the same freaking minute it was available.

I like Verizon because it has the best coverage in my area (rural) but I'm getting a little annoyed at their crappy customer service.

ChubZ

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2010
its not a glitch, the verizon sore rep showed my an email to the stores to let them know that if you preorder a 16gb version, it will not ship until the 21st or later. I cancelled my 16gb 4s order and got the 32gb, which is readily available for launch day delivery

Joshitect

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
Lexington, KY
Yeah, I really think VZW's order status system is not too sophisticated - same reason it shows "ship on 10/14" because it doesn't have any concept of deliver by instead of ship by.

My guess is you will be back on for 10/14 delivery once the actual devices go to shipping and get tracking numbers assigned. I suspect it is pulling from the current availability estimates for new orders at the moment.

Way too early to panic - remain calm and disengage from the ceiling :)

+1

I have been with VZW for a long time. This has happened to me before and I always got it the day before it was supposed to be released. Heck we got the iphone 4 4 days early! I am not going to get upset until next friday morning :)

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
Why don't u just cancel it and order it through Apple right now? That's what I did and Apple still has October 14th ship date!!

That may shoot you in the foot and cause more delays if the order does not go through right away. 99% chance this will work itself out.

jess222

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
CA
Was regretting ordering the 16gb instead of the 32gb so this gave me the push I needed to cancel and order the 32gb. :D

chrislaw

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2009
central ohio
That may shoot you in the foot and cause more delays if the order does not go through right away. 99% chance this will work itself out.

Yeah I agree, if you ordered from Verizon at 3am you're going to get one from the first batch shipped. Seems neurotic to cancel and reorder, but to each their own.

Captain B

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2011
My wife ordered her 16 gb white Verizon 4s at 6:30 pm tonight but did it thru Apple. got a confirm email for the delivery on the 14th. Seems like Apple (unsurprisingly) will see their orders filled first.

yodayoda

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2011
Yeah I agree, if you ordered from Verizon at 3am you're going to get one from the first batch shipped. Seems neurotic to cancel and reorder, but to each their own.

Yeah its crazy I guess, but I just did it, my order went through and now I have a confirmed order through Apple for Oct 14th, def just trust them more than Verizon as they have more inventory...They always change their delivery dates on the main page so you can see before you order - makes no difference I will get my phone the same time somebody who ordered from Apple at 3am does even if I still put the order in now they have a massive inventory for this 4S

jkozlow3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
Seriously guys, the 21st didn't start showing as an order status date for the 16GB models until new orders also started showing 10/21 as well. Do you really think that people who ordered in the first 5 minutes won't get their phone for a week after everyone else? The system is clearly displaying the information incorrectly and I'm pretty sure it will work itself out.

Even if it takes an extra week, I'm sure we'll all survive with our current setup for a few extra days. It's disturbing how impatient/neurotic some people can be.

DarkJello

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2007
Seriously guys, the 21st didn't start showing as an order status date for the 16GB models until new orders also started showing 10/21 as well. Do you really think that people who ordered in the first 5 minutes won't get their phone for a week after everyone else? The system is clearly displaying the information incorrectly and I'm pretty sure it will work itself out.

This makes a lot of sense. ^^^

I know he wasn't the first to say it

chrislaw

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2009
central ohio
Yeah its crazy I guess, but I just did it, my order went through and now I have a confirmed order through Apple for Oct 14th, def just trust them more than Verizon as they have more inventory...They always change their delivery dates on the main page so you can see before you order - makes no difference I will get my phone the same time somebody who ordered from Apple at 3am does even if I still put the order in now they have a massive inventory for this 4S

yeah but now you were up at 3am for nothing :p

Davewithak

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011
Mine is moved to the 21st, too :(. I hope this isn't true. If it is, they should give us a discount or something because when I ordered it, it said delivery would be the 14th and my confirmation email says delivery would be the 14th :(.

jkozlow3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
Apple orders come first, then the rest.

Not true at all. I really wish people wouldn't post things without knowing what they're talking about. Each retailer (carrier) had a designated number of phones available for sale. That should be apparent based on the fact that all 3 U.S. carriers and Apple have been providing different shipping ETAs throughout the day once the stock of the 16GB model started to dry up. Some carriers ran out of their allotment faster than others.

Virance

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2011
Apple orders come first, then the rest.

That is simply not a factual statement. All three US carriers had an allotted amount of phones for launch day; regardless of how many pre-orders go through Apple.com, the carriers will still get those same phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.