Dell 2005FPW @ $389

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 14, 2004
642
0
Wisconsin
Taken from slickdeals.net. You can get the Dell 2005FPW cheap again. Plus some other monitors as well.

Dell 2005FPW 20" Wide LCD $389, 1905FP 19" LCD $282, 2405FPW 24" Wide LCD $803


Dell Home has deals on LCD monitors. Lowest it's been for awhile.

* 2005FPW Ultrasharp 20" Widescreen LCD
$749 - 40% off coupon W34XRDP2KW2K90
- $60 off $500 coupon C07TR1WFGJ18SF = $389
* 1905FP Ultrasharp 19" LCD
$479 + $21 filler - 33% off ?TN8?M3G6JB5FK
- $60 off $500 C07TR1WFGJ18SF = $282
* 2405FPW Ultrasharp 24" Widescreen LCD
$1199 - 33% off ?TN8?M3G6JB5FK = $803
* 1704FPT UltraSharp 17" LCD
$329 - 33% off ?TN8?M3G6JB5FK
- $35 off $300 ZDV7X34LTDMGMG = $185
 

kant

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2004
337
0
tsk said:
* 2005FPW Ultrasharp 20" Widescreen LCD
$749 - 40% off coupon W34XRDP2KW2K90
- $60 off $500 coupon C07TR1WFGJ18SF = $389
Of course.

I bought one last week.
 

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
2,265
0
Awesome. Probably going to buy a monitor tomorrow. What great timing...:D
 

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 14, 2004
642
0
Wisconsin
In the slickdeals forums, a few people have mentioned they called (or did the Dell chat) and got some sort of compensation. Some people have said they got $45 back to their credit card. Worth a shot I guess.
 

ebuc

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2003
102
0
Nor'East
I've had trouble with getting these offers to work in the past. Could you, maybe, list the exact steps I need to take in order to buy the 20" 2005FPW monitor for 389?
 

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
2,265
0
ebuc said:
I've had trouble with getting these offers to work in the past. Could you, maybe, list the exact steps I need to take in order to buy the 20" 2005FPW monitor for 389?
Just put the coupons in during checkout. Down towards the bottom it will say "Input Coupon Code Here". Pretty self explanatory...
 

ebuc

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2003
102
0
Nor'East
ham_man said:
Just put the coupons in during checkout. Down towards the bottom it will say "Input Coupon Code Here". Pretty self explanatory...
It's giving me only a 35% discount even after I enter the code into the little box that says "enter coupon number." It does give me the $60 discount. My total ends up being $426.85.

I must be doing something incredibly dumb if there really is a way to get 40% discount.
 

ebuc

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2003
102
0
Nor'East
ebuc said:
It's giving me only a 35% discount even after I enter the code into the little box that says "enter coupon number." It does give me the $60 discount. My total ends up being $426.85.

I must be doing something incredibly dumb if there really is a way to get 40% discount.
It works now. I guess I managed not to hit the "apply coupon" button five or six times in a row. Clearly I was doing something incredibly dumb.
 

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
6,967
370
Chicagoland
Thanks dude!

I have been watching slickdeals.net and other all of this week waiting to find a great deal, and this is the best. I went for the 17" UltaSharp, and I can't wait to get it. :D
 

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
4,383
117
Austin, TX
tsk said:
In the slickdeals forums, a few people have mentioned they called (or did the Dell chat) and got some sort of compensation. Some people have said they got $45 back to their credit card. Worth a shot I guess.
I just did the Dell chat and got a refund for most of the difference, so I am happy.
 

Nermal

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
18,680
1,183
New Zealand
ham_man said:
Just put the coupons in during checkout. Down towards the bottom it will say "Input Coupon Code Here". Pretty self explanatory...
When? I got to a page that asks for your address etc, do you enter coupons after that?

The US coupons probably won't work in NZ anyway :(
 

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 14, 2004
642
0
Wisconsin
Nermal said:
When? I got to a page that asks for your address etc, do you enter coupons after that?

The US coupons probably won't work in NZ anyway :(
Yeah, I guess I should have mentioned this is US only.

Once I add the monitor to my cart, I can add coupons. There is a spot down on the bottom where it says to add a coupon (near tax and shipping). After that, I log into my account and select payment, etc. I cannot add it then. But, I'm fairly certain you can't use it.
 

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
2,557
13
a profane existence
Wonderful, here I am again with the dilemma of either purchasing a Dell 2005fpw or a 6x8 Graphics Tablet.

But as usual, I will probably not purchase the monitor and hold off for a Graphics Tablet.

Just to tempting.
 

cwright

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2004
573
0
Missouri
danny_w said:
I just did the Dell chat and got a refund for most of the difference, so I am happy.
How did you manage that? I ordered my 2405FPW for $900 a day or two before it dropped to $800 just now... You think I could get a partial refund too?

What did you say to Dell?
 

kant

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2004
337
0
danny_w said:
I just did the Dell chat and got a refund for most of the difference, so I am happy.
Cr*p. I did it and it brought up a window saying that I wasn't a home customer. But my receipt shows "home & home office".

(The chat says it is only for home customers.)
 

Mood

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2005
220
0
NY
tell us WHY and HOW you get the 40-50 dollar discount?


furthermore, when i buy my ibook can i talk to a representative to cut te cost a little too? What should i say?
 

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
4,383
117
Austin, TX
cwright said:
How did you manage that? I ordered my 2405FPW for $900 a day or two before it dropped to $800 just now... You think I could get a partial refund too?

What did you say to Dell?
I used the Dell chat that you can find under support, and you enter your customer number and order number. I just told them that I had just bought the display, and now I see that it is available at a lower price. They at first tried to stall, but when I asked if I could return my display, they offered a discount coupon on future purchases. I asked if they couldn't make it a refund instead, and he did so (although at a lesser amount). Just try it and remember to be nice and not act upset, you will get much further that way.
 

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
4,383
117
Austin, TX
TrumanApple said:
Just ordered one 413 after shipping an tax :) lets hope this makes me happy with my 1.42 mini
You'll love it! That's what I have, and it works and looks great! You got a slightly better deal, but I love mine anyway.
 

MacWeenie

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2005
18
0
Fort Collins, CO
Ordered one today...

Ordered a 2005fpw today for 389. Grabbed the discount codes from dealmac.com.

Waiting to see what the new mini looks like on Tuesday.
 

BTS

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2005
7
0
Hasselt, Belgium
* 2005FPW Ultrasharp 20" Widescreen LCD
$749 - 40% off coupon W34XRDP2KW2K90
- $60 off $500 coupon C07TR1WFGJ18SF = $389
Oh CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP


I'm about to buy the same... only for a erm.... slightly ( :mad: ) higher price:
here in Belgium: 1 Dell 2005FPW (straight from www.dell.be): EUR 724,79
or... buy 2 at the same time and get 50% discount on the second one: EUR 1087,19/2 = EUR 543.60.

Compare that to USD 389! That's ~EUR 332 !!!!! :mad: :mad: That's 200 euro's of difference... Dell sucks :mad: