Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mlkeller

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2007
Kirkland, WA
I am in the Overland Park, KS area which is part of the Kansas City metro area.

My tracking info is showing 'In Destination Sort Facility' in Kansas City, MO as of 1:30am CST this morning.

The FedEx Ground Truck was on my street 20 minutes ago, but did not have a package for me. The driver said if phone was sent "FedEx Ground" he would have had it on his truck for this morning. He went on to say that if it was sent "FedEx Express" it could come any time today.

Looking at the shipment info I have I cannot tell whether it was shipped GROUND or EXPRESS or some other FedEx method.

I hope Apple's email to me about getting delivery 6/23 instead of 6/24 holds true.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks!

It's Express, so I would not be too worried that Ground didn't have it...

diabolicx

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
To my fellow Massachusetts people stuck in Franklin:
Good news! Called Fedex at 1800-455-4588 and the lady said it was on the van for delivery! Call that number, not the regular one. Much nicer reps! :D

I called this number and the lady told me it was on the van and would be here by 4:30 today. :D

jfyrfytr25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
mine has said at destination sort facillity since 4:45am. however, Just got a call from home saying it was delivered. guess they are behind on the updates.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
Good news! Called Fedex at 1800-455-4588 and the lady said it was on the van for delivery! Call that number, not the regular one. Much nicer reps! :D

CALL THESE PEOPLE LIKE THE POSTER STATED!!!!!!!!!

wow, nice, and honest! she said my package is on a van as of 8 19 out for delivery :)

ckiggins314

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
FedEx.com shows mine is still at the dest sort facility - but simpletrackingshows it left 30 minutes after arriving there. Clearly FedEx.com is not updating!

hazeydavey

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
I called this number and the lady told me it was on the van and would be here by 4:30 today. :D

Yes, thanks so much for this number. Nice lady picked up right away...and in 20 seconds she said it is on the truck for delivery today by 4:30 PM.

For the record, I'm in NYC, and fed ex still shows "Departed FedEx location Newark, NJ" at 9:05 PM last night.

So add me to the 100's of others that can prove that the FED EX site is as useless as my iphone in many parts of NYC :)

DrM9282

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Mine was delivered about 45min ago. I live in the middle of nowhere, MI (about 1hr 15min away from Grand Rapids). My estimated delivery date all along was the 24th. I received the e-mail that a lot of you received about it being delivered on the 23rd. As for my tracking updates on FedEx, it still says that my phone is at the local fedex facility in Grand Rapids, MI, so hopefully this gives hope to some of you anxiously awaiting your iPhone. I'm activating now and all I can say so far is that aesthetically, it's a beautiful phone and the screen is great! :)

Mshilling

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2010
mine still says "initiated" on the fedex tracking site.

I called and they told me it was picked up and is moving but looks like it should be delivered tomorrow. I ordered from AT&T on 6/15 at 5:30am EST

oldschooldude

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
In the Land of OZ
For real!!!!!!!! HAHA! She knew instantly what i was going to ask for!

I just called the number, and she confirmed mine was on a truck for delivery anytime after 10:30am CST and 4:30pm CST.

I asked for more explanation and she indicated that FedEx had to honor all Priority deliveries first. I went on to tell her about the truck that delivered to a house on my street around 9:00am, but nothing for me, and she said they only have Priority deliveries on that particular truck; once those are deilvered, then non-priority packages start getting delivered by a different truck.

Doesn't make total sense, but hope it's true. I guess I'll find out one way or another sometime after 10:30am CST.

jcorb46529

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2007

I just called this same number above to check on mine. The rep told me that the package is on a truck for delivery and should arrive by 4:30. The number above is for the IPD department. Not sure what that department is, but they obviously have a different system they are looking at.

doofoo

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2006
Called FedEx at 1800-455-4588 and was told my phone was on the truck for delivery by 5pm. Sweet!

Seth C

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
I just called this same number above to check on mine. The rep told me that the package is on a truck for delivery and should arrive by 4:30. The number above is for the IPD department. Not sure what that department is, but they obviously have a different system they are looking at.

International Priority DirectDistribution. They handle the large consolidated international shipments that will then be broken up into units and delivered to multiple locations.

hwalker84

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
I called my friend at Fedex and he directed me to the 1-800-Go-Fedex number because he was getting ready for a meeting. I call with my tracking number and the lady said they had a mechanical issue and that it will be on the truck soon and in my hands by 5pm.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
I called my friend at Fedex and he directed me to the 1-800-Go-Fedex number because he was getting ready for a meeting. I call with my tracking number and the lady said they had a mechanical issue and that it will be on the truck soon and in my hands by 5pm.

i would call the other number posted in this thread. good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.