Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aqapple91

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2014
They look different somehow but can't tell how exactly
[doublepost=1481694739][/doublepost]Different angle

Attachments

• IMG_0179.JPG
    IMG_0179.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 183

macTW

Suspended
Oct 17, 2016
I thought they looked different in store, but the Apple website shows them the same. Which is important, I think, because look at the iPad lineup space grey and gold colors... noticeable changes.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Interesting.....
[doublepost=1474544906][/doublepost]I do think the Plus (on the right) looks more peach than pink (on the left). Anyone else?
I see the same difference as you.

There was a long thread in one of the off topic areas of this forum about color blindness that evolved into a fascinating discussion of how we all perceive colors differently. Given that color is a quality that can't really exist outside of a being's ability to perceive it, there isn't really a right or wrong to it. Some shades (or hues or whatever the proper term is) simply do not exist for the eyes of some people.

I inherited from my paternal grandmother an ability to smell scents most people seem unable to detect and to detect smells of certain substances that are at concentrations most people can't detect. It's so weird to exist in a world rich with scents that most people around me can't respond to and don't believe exist because they can't perceive it. Similarly, the members of my family who are talented musicians and singers can't believe how tone deaf I am. I would have a pretty singing voice if I could carry a tune...but I can't. We could be listening to the same performance and I would leave pleased at it but they would be dismayed by pitch problems and other faults in it. I have had some musical education but I just have no musical ability whatsoever to cultivate. So what education I've had did me no good.

Some senses, though, apparently can be trained. People who are wine connoisseurs can tell so many things from a couple of sips of wine while a lot of us are just clueless. But it seems that anyone who takes an interest and isn't suffering from a health problem that impairs taste can eventually be trained to have a more discerning palate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.