All iPads Does anybody else think that now the Air is pretty much useless?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FatPuppy, Nov 5, 2013.

1. shadow puppet macrumors 6502

shadow puppet

The title of this thread is so inane it renders me speechless.

2. emseven macrumors regular

How is this a thread? The 11" MBA and 13" MBA are $100 apart and have been for years.

3. IllIllIll macrumors 65816

I can sympathize. Once I went on a forum and shared my opinion that blacks, Jews, and homosexuals should not have the same rights as everyone else and asked if anyone else felt the same way. You should have seen the responses I got, oh my!

(No, I didn't really do this. The point was that if you're going to post inflammatory nonsense, expect to get dumped on.)

4. MH01 Suspended

MH01

That's like saying the 13 and 15 rmbp are useless cause we have he mbp air.

If having 128gb storage and bigger screen makes it useless , interesting.....

----------

Almost reads, iPad mini buyer, justifying their purchase !

5. radio893fm macrumors regular

And some people like to "air" their opinion and some people don't. So why do you want to ban these type of discussions? Is like me pretending to ban fish because I just don't like it, specially sushi.

Coherence people... coherence.

6. shadow puppet macrumors 6502

shadow puppet

WTH? Dude, you know nothing about me. I don't currently own an iPad so you're dead wrong. Thanks for playing. Have you even read how many others have voiced a similar opinion in this thread? :rolleyes:

7. batman75 macrumors 6502a

I was actually slightly disappointed they didn't launch a 12" wide screen iPad air. To me the iPad mini would suck for watching movies, and the iPad air is okay but not great because the picture is still quite small when in narrow screen mode.

However here posted he watches movies on his iPhone - all I can say is you poor sod. Someone should run a collection for you so you can get a decent sized video screen.

----------

Hey some people need to ask questions to get up to speed with the rest of us!

8. loapp38 macrumors newbie

So if Air and Mini are listed as the same price, which one would you guys buy?

9. dumastudetto macrumors 68040

Seriously why limit yourself to just an iPad Air or iPad Mini when you can own both? They are insanely affordable devices and have different uses. There's no reason to limit yourself to just one form factor when you easily deploy both of these incredible devices in your personal ecosystem with the power of iCloud.

10. JGWolven macrumors regular

I guess it really depends on the needs. The Mini would be useless, for ME, because I have an Air that is perfectly ideal for me. If I ever need portability I can fall back on my 5s running nearly the same internals. Never an issue.

11. jdag macrumors 6502a

My statement was "There really should be a ban on these types of threads...and I really need to stop opening them." Which was a poke at me...well...reading these!

But more seriously...I am not at all against airing opinions...but there are countless other threads already on this full size vs mini point. There should be a sub forum dedicated to it!

Oh well...off to something important...I dislike sushi too.

12. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I would buy the one I prefer. Whichever that happens to be.

13. guzzlamiamor macrumors member

Actually I just got the air and my mini has become useless. I hadn't used a full size in a few years since I sold my first gen, and the extra screen space is great. Everything is so small on the mini comparatively and I just see no need to use it anymore. In fact I can't decide if I want to keep it or cash it in for a 200.00 Target gift card.

14. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Either the ipad air is overpriced or the ipad mini 2 is overpriced, or both.

take your pick.

15. midwestfisherma macrumors 6502

midwestfisherma

That's what she said! :D

16. emseven macrumors regular

The iPad mini with retina display will be a much better value for your money than the iPad Air.

The tech is far more cutting-edge in the smaller form factor and the ppi is much higher than any other screen Apple sells.

17. AdonisSMU macrumors 604

Its the same thing in a heavier size than last years model.

18. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I'll likely buy the iPad Air when it's time to upgrade my iPad 3. I prefer the large screen to the mini, which I have also used. $100 isn't really even a lot of money when it's spread over using it nearly everyday for a couple years.

19. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

They're both overpriced. They both have a ~50% profit margin (though who is to say that's wrong. No one is forcing you to buy one).

But this is Apple, Inc. we're talking about here. This still surprises people that Apple products are more expensive in general than the competition? Apple stuff is expensive, always has been. But then again, I've always felt most Apple gear was more than just the sum of its parts. Not blind devotion; a preference.

20. emseven macrumors regular

Ok, thanks for your (incorrect) contribution.

iPad mini resolution 1024 x 768
    iPad mini resolution retina 2048 x 1536

And there is no such thing as "heavier size." Heavy refers to weight while size refers to volume.

Please exit the forum and return when you have something intelligent to contribute.

21. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Can this thread be closed? I think I am the most hated user of the month.

22. DMoggo macrumors regular

Don't worry about it......I think sometimes opinions are best not AIRed! :)

23. Billywiz1307 macrumors member

So would my wife

24. Ries macrumors 68020

Cause unless you have 20/20 sight, its easier reading and viewing on the air, those 2 inch translate into 50% larger display area than the mini.

25. Angler macrumors regular

The mini is useless now air is the flagship for ever! :cool: