Does Apple Reserve = Guaranteed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by arcanic, Jun 16, 2010.

1. arcanic macrumors regular

arcanic

I reserved one to pick up at my local Apple store. Got the confirmation email. According to the email, the Apple Store will hold it until the close of business. (24th)

Does you guys think the reserve holds are guaranteed an iPhone at lunch?

Thanks all,

Arc:)

2. Defiant81 macrumors member

Thats what I was wondering.. Did your credit card get charged?

3. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

i think it does guarantee one, but I don't think it has to be at "lunch" as you say. I think it only reserves it for the first day then it goes back to normal inventory.

4. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

They will hold one in inventory until close of business launch day only.

5. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

So this means you must be at the apple store on the 24th or else the reservation is gone the next day?

Wow, what a zoo that's going to be.

6. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

B/c of a glitch in Apple's reservation system that caused many reservations to be canceled, reservations are no longer guaranteed. They do have a separate stock for reservation people but they will go on a first come, first serve basis.

7. Nocaster macrumors regular

Source or gtfo

8. packetjunkie macrumors regular

I'm thinking I dont want to be there at 7am in some long ass line with everyone who needs to be "first", but I would like to go a little later (before or after lunch crowd).

I just hope "reserved" means they are holding one for me all day and not just holding a spot if one is available.

9. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Source is a store manager who said that exact thing to me. I posted info in another thread but I'll copy and paste here...

10. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Here's the series of events from another thread

1. Well I just called my local Apple store to confirm my reservation and they said my reservation was canceled!!! I'm so angry right now and waiting for a call back from the store manager.

2. I received a confirmation email and I let the woman on the phone know that. I'll let you guys know what happens when the manager calls me later today.

3. Well I just got back from the Apple store and I spoke to the store manager. She said there was a glitch in their system and she is aware of it. She mentioned it has happened to a bunch of people already including a few store employees.

The manager was very nice and said she will be there at 5 am on the 24th and will honor ANYBODY who has a confirmation email of their reservation. She did, however, mention that I should try and get there by 10am as she can't guarantee there will be enough stock for everyone who did have a reservation.

Lastly, she said there will be two lines, one for people who reserved and one for everyone else. As long as you have your email (or you're in the system) you will be able to stay on the reserve line and you will get a phone from the reserve stock. Hope that helps.

11. jmittens24 macrumors newbie

Either way, an apple store employee was able to look up my reservation (and my wife's) with my phone number and said I would be good to go on launch day. No credit card charge, either.

12. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

just spoke with Apple rep and they said that is false. THey said if you received your confirmation letter, you are allocated a phone. As long as you didn't get a cancellation email, if you reserved one and it was confirmed, you are good for launch day.

wwwhhhhhheeewwwwww :)

13. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I think it says the first come - first serve basis thing on Apple.com now.

14. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

It's possible that different stores have different rules. It's also possible that the person you spoke with isn't yet aware of the random cancellations they're having. I never received a cancellation email yet my reservation WAS canceled.

15. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I've talked to some people who work at the Apple Store and it seems to be a divided opinion, so it would be best if you get there early. Also, your reservation e-mail has the following footnote:
    Then again, my reservation on the Apple Store app says that it will be available until the end of business hours on launch day.

I'm just getting there early to be sure.

16. Defiant81 macrumors member

I called my local apple store and they told me I'm good. Will have enough for everyone who made a reservation.

The end.

17. actorkid macrumors 6502

Since my confirmation email says that my iPhone is guaranteed on June 24th at 7am, and I haven't been notified otherwise, that that apple rep is talking out his ass.

18. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

It was the store manager and she said it was her decision to make. After speaking with her I'm 100000% positive that she is right for her store. Do what you want, I'm just relaying the info.

19. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

The end will be when you don't get your phone. Show up early if you want it. The end.

20. actorkid macrumors 6502

how do you know your reservation was cancelled then?

21. chriskzoo macrumors 6502

22. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

B/c I called the store and they reviewed their reservation list. They saw my name but said it was canceled but they were aware of the glitch. That's what caused me to go into the store and speak with the manager in the first place.

23. milerich macrumors regular

Pre-authorization means eligible for the reduced rates.

It has nothing to do with a RESERVATION.

24. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Fair enough, but I'm going off what Apple Store employees have told me as well - and admitted the opinion of them was divided. So its best for people to get there early.

25. nfl46 macrumors 603

I called my Apple Store and he told me to bring the printout with me. Is the price showing in your e-mail? My name or nothing is in the e-mail. I'll bring my phone with me to make sure they can see the e-mail in my phone with my e-mail address. Also, is your reservations showing online? Mines isn't.