Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many Apple Watch bands do you own? OEM only.

• One band only.

Votes: 424 16.9%
  • 2/4

Votes: 903 36.0%
  • 5/8

Votes: 505 20.1%
  • 9/12

Votes: 171 6.8%
  • 12/15

Votes: 98 3.9%
  • 16/20

Votes: 71 2.8%
  • more than 20

Votes: 210 8.4%
  • more than 50

Votes: 61 2.4%
  • more than 100

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • more than 200

Votes: 25 1.0%
  • more than 250

Votes: 4 0.2%
  • more than 300

Votes: 3 0.1%
  • more than 400

Votes: 1 0.0%
  • more than 500

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • more than 600

Votes: 3 0.1%

• Total voters

Bernardinho

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2008
East Sussex, UK, Europe
Blues + ( carefully labelled underneath before I risked mixing them up)
From my collection these colours are: L to R
1. Lavender 2. Lavender Grey
3. Ultraviolet 4. Alaskan Blue
5. Ocean Blue 6. Dark Teal
7. Blue cobalt 8. Blue horizon
9. Delft Blue 10. Denim
11. Azure 12. cornflower
13. Blue (I) 14. Blue (II)
15. Lilac 16. Sky Blue
17. Mist Blue 18. Turquoise
19. Marine Green
I don’t yet have a pacific green to compare with these; it also has a lot of blue in it!

53FF0DD6-A5D7-4DB3-8100-20C21F89F5EC.jpeg

!! Can’t believe I initially forgot Royal Blue !!
Second pic royal blue is between delft and denim bands.

EE62B4F7-B187-48BA-B49C-E682807BCD23.jpeg

Last edited:

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
Terrific picture, thanks. Shame that Royal Blue didn't get in - it seems to be one of the canonical blues (many comparisons against it). Also, I wonder if possibly you've got Blue (I) and Blue (II) swapped - I recall the very first Blue as being the brighter one. I was still having trouble matching up names vs. bands, so I annotated your image...

Apple Watch blue bands.jpg

Last edited:

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
Terrific picture, thanks. Shame that Royal Blue didn't get in - it seems to be one of the canonical blues (many comparisons against it). Also, I wonder if possibly you've got Blue (I) and Blue (II) swapped - I recall the very first Blue as being the brighter one. I was still having trouble matching up names vs. bands, so I annotated your image...

View attachment 872641

I agree. I believe the Gen 1 and Gen 2 blue are swapped. Nice collection! The blues I’m missing are cornflower blue and mist blue.

Reactions: twanj

tridot

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2016

I believe the Blues are labelled correctly. I have always seen first gen blue as the "bluer" of the two and the second gen as the slightly lighter with a yellow undertone of the two.

For what it's worth, I think under most lights all of these bands look lighter (at least based on the ones I have), so I tried to mess with the brightness. Obviously not a great representation because they lose some saturation but hopefully it helps.

Attachments

• blues.jpg
    blues.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 394
  • blueslighter.jpg
    blueslighter.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 359
  • bluescombo.jpg
    bluescombo.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:

Bernardinho

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2008
East Sussex, UK, Europe
I believe the Blues are labelled correctly. I have always seen first gen blue as the "bluer" of the two and the second gen as the slightly lighter with a yellow undertone of the two.

For what it's worth, I think under most lights all of these bands look lighter (at least based on the ones I have), so I tried to mess with the brightness. Obviously not a great representation because they lose some saturation but hopefully it helps.
Thanks for the lightening, and the royal blue composite picture! The pic did darken when I foolishly reduced the pinkish cast on the white paper slightly. The first two blues are matched to their boxes and in the correct order in my view, quite distinctive! I like delft blue particularly, and sky blue was certainly worth waiting for.

Reactions: CarlJ and twanj

tommyboy9996

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2009
NJ - Ocean County
Apple only makes the Leather Loop in 44(42)mm size. I meant Medium or Large. I have a large that I got mistakenly (thought it was medium when I clicked buy) that I could sell, and I've seen medium ones (new without box) on eBay.

Gotcha, darn I use the medium as well. I would have been all over that, thanks anyway.

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
1. Lavender 2. Lavender Grey
3. Ultraviolet 4. Alaskan Blue
5. Ocean Blue 6. Dark Teal
7. Blue cobalt 8. Blue horizon
9. Delft Blue 10. Denim
11. Azure 12. cornflower
13. Blue (I) 14. Blue (II)
15. Lilac 16. Sky Blue
17. Mist Blue 18. Turquoise
19. Marine Green
I don’t yet have a pacific green to compare with these; it also has a lot of blue in it!

View attachment 872611
!! Can’t believe I initially forgot Royal Blue !!
Second pic royal blue is between delft and denim bands.

View attachment 872610
So you eventually sprung for the ultraviolet band of chargerstore? I’m still thinking if I should hmmm.. looks nice and unique...

Reactions: Bernardinho

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Anyone in search of a ruby classic buckle? I have one that I wore once or twice with box included. Pm me if you are interested! 38mm

26b79f9e7225d30e370be90f2c8d0590.jpg

Bernardinho

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2008
East Sussex, UK, Europe
-Ooh it’s a very nice bright blue hahah.. am now pondering on the ultraviolet and blue cobalt. I like how “electric-bright” those colours are

Cobalt has real depth, though Blue Horizon includes just a hint of violet which appeals to me. Nice getting the matching iPhone case, Pity all the colorful old iPhones cases don’t stay compatible each year like the bands.

Last edited:

Bernardinho

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2008
East Sussex, UK, Europe
Guys, does anybody have all fruits-named-orange bands to make a comparison photo?
Apricot, Peach, Nectarine, Clementine, Papaya... does anybody have a ring to rule them all?
I’m quite a long way off these, only having orange, apricot and spicy orange, plus flamingo (not a fruit admittedly) so far! I’d love the comparison too; pictures of papaya seem a little nearer Hermès orange than the others.

ifman

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
Just my observation, but.....I just picked up my first Apple watch And thought I would look to see what other watch bands were popular. OMG! Some of you have 20, 30 or more bands in various shades of the same thing? Is this just OCD or am I missing something? And the cost! Wow! If they are all genuine Apple bands at $50 ea. Then you have some serious money in little silicone color strips. To each their own, and if this is your hobby/collection, fine. I get it, we all have hobbies. So take it as it is, just an observation .....but ..... am I missing something?

• Haha
Reactions: twanj

Bernardinho

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2008
East Sussex, UK, Europe
Just my observation, but.....I just picked up my first Apple watch And thought I would look to see what other watch bands were popular. OMG! Some of you have 20, 30 or more bands in various shades of the same thing? Is this just OCD or am I missing something? And the cost! Wow! If they are all genuine Apple bands at $50 ea. Then you have some serious money in little silicone color strips. To each their own, and if this is your hobby/collection, fine. I get it, we all have hobbies. So take it as it is, just an observation .....but ..... am I missing something?
Thankfully, and with patience, bargains can be found ( which is part of the fun of course). Authentic ones keep a lot of their value because they are discontinued but continue to be compatible. Plus they make the Apple Watch more fun to wear.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Also may of us have been collecting for years. I bought the first Apple watch when launched. So I am at 4 1/2 years collecting bands that have always fit my watches.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.