Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many Apple Watch bands do you own? OEM only.

• One band only.

Votes: 424 16.9%
  • 2/4

Votes: 904 36.0%
  • 5/8

Votes: 506 20.1%
  • 9/12

Votes: 171 6.8%
  • 12/15

Votes: 98 3.9%
  • 16/20

Votes: 71 2.8%
  • more than 20

Votes: 212 8.4%
  • more than 50

Votes: 61 2.4%
  • more than 100

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • more than 200

Votes: 25 1.0%
  • more than 250

Votes: 4 0.2%
  • more than 300

Votes: 3 0.1%
  • more than 400

Votes: 1 0.0%
  • more than 500

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • more than 600

Votes: 3 0.1%

• Total voters

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
Guys, this is by far the most exciting day in my life. Probably. Not even 48 new bands released on an evening can top today. Probably. Nah, maybe.

I am thrilled to announce "Bandbreite", the app for your ever-growing band collection, is now available on the App Store! 🥳

Back in October 2016 I started this thread. Time flies. 600 pages later the chart is now an app. This is amazing and also unbelievable!

I want to thank all of you guys. A lot of you have supported me in the past answering weird questions or help me to figure out the last detail of information missing on the chart. I really hope the app helps you to organize your collections and to enjoy your bands even more.

Thank you to everyone who participated in our first beta cycle too! We've heard you, and we have some great ideas for upcoming updates. If you still have any requests or feedback, DMs and email are open to everyone, so feel free to send them at any time.

Talk to you soon!

View attachment 958627

This is awesome. Wow.

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
Guys, this is by far the most exciting day in my life. Probably. Not even 48 new bands released on an evening can top today. Probably. Nah, maybe.

I am thrilled to announce "Bandbreite", the app for your ever-growing band collection, is now available on the App Store! 🥳

Back in October 2016 I started this thread. Time flies. 600 pages later the chart is now an app. This is amazing and also unbelievable!

I want to thank all of you guys. A lot of you have supported me in the past answering weird questions or help me to figure out the last detail of information missing on the chart. I really hope the app helps you to organize your collections and to enjoy your bands even more.

Thank you to everyone who participated in our first beta cycle too! We've heard you, and we have some great ideas for upcoming updates. If you still have any requests or feedback, DMs and email are open to everyone, so feel free to send them at any time.

Talk to you soon!

View attachment 958627

You know, I really had other work to do ... but of course I immediately downloaded the app and curated my collection and wishlist. 😂

Great app! It also confirmed that I officially don‘t have a „problem“ as I‘m still at 2 figures. (99)

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX

Talk to you soon!

View attachment 958627
Oooh...that approximate value of my band collection is distressing! 😂

Really good work on the app!

twanj

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL

SOOOO COOL!

The stats!!! 😅

Cotypubby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2020
Mickey looks good with the Red modern buckle:
80A49F9E-4EEF-4E72-B107-62607208546A.jpeg

kitt9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012

Talk to you soon!

View attachment 958627

This is amazing for us band-a-holics! Such a well designed app. Thank you!

iChernov

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2013
Munich, Germany

Talk to you soon!

View attachment 958627
Man, that is AWESOME! Let’s pin it to the first post in thread? 😃

Cotypubby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2020

Talk to you soon!

View attachment 958627
OOoooooh wow! :D:D Aw, "This app requires iOs 14." I haven't updated yet. :( Guess this plus the new faces for Watch OS7 means I have to!

Reactions: CodeRaven

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
After initially getting an ETA of November, my Solo Braids (Inverness and Atlantic) already arrived. While everybody likes a bargain, I have to say, given the existing tiers, Apple priced these exactly right. They look and feel much more sophisticated and premium than the 49$ tier Sport Bands and Loops. On-the-wrist, THE GAP is only noticeable if you really look for it. Given the softness and braided nature of this design, I believe it is just impossible to close THE GAP completely. But who knows, maybe Apple will figure it out eventually; to me, it‘s a non-issue anyway. Also, the colours are deep and rich and just lovely. Highly recommended! (If you don‘t mind THE GAP.)

P.S.: I just love, love, love the clasp-less, perfect symmetry of the new bands.

View attachment 958483
Ugh I’m still not convinced that band is worth $100. But that green keeps calling to me...
Nope lol
7C0E84AF-F1FC-41F2-AA84-D29E0C109B2E.jpeg

Talk to you soon!

View attachment 958627
Awesome awesome awesome. So glad it finally came out! Though I have to ask, how far out is larger widget support?

jmanuel28

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2020
Mexico
Congratulations, the app is great! Just what we needed!

Talk to you soon!

View attachment 958627

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2017
I'm trying to figure out what reds I have in Bandbreite. I have one with gold pin from charger store that is 44 mm and says product red (I think never released); The silver pin was is 42mm and doesn't say product red. They look practically identical in shade.

Deep.sky

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2020

Talk to you soon!

View attachment 958627
Loving it! Thank you so much for all the hard work you and your fellow developers put into this :)

I do have a request though. I would LOVE to see the widget make a random selection “What shall I wear today?” from our collection. So I look at the widget it and recommends I wear...cerulean sport loop today, or papaya sport band, for example. Not sure it’s possible, but would be awesome :)

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Oh wow is that yours? What happened?
Aw hell NO!
i wonder if you pull the whole band if it will stretch it back into place.
Care to elaborate? I mean, you can tear anything that is braided/woven/knitted etc, no matter the price and quality.
Wasn’t me, not my band. Lovetodream posted it on Twitter.

My point being if it’s easy enough to tug on and ruin, it’s not worth the $100. At that price point I expect tighter weaves (You can’t pull out the woven nylon fibers that easily, though it also isn’t elastic. Apple could have found a middle ground.) and no gaps in the lugs.

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
I'm trying to figure out what reds I have in Bandbreite. I have one with gold pin from charger store that is 44 mm and says product red (I think never released); The silver pin was is 42mm and doesn't say product red. They look practically identical in shade.
Those are 3rd Gen and 2nd Gen.

Reactions: CodeRaven

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
My point being if it’s easy enough to tug on and ruin, it’s not worth the $100. At that price point I expect tighter weaves (You can’t pull out the woven nylon fibers that easily, though it also isn’t elastic. Apple could have found a middle ground.) and no gaps in the lugs.

And my point being you don‘t know how „easy“ it was. It may as well have been deliberate or just really bad luck. As a matter of fact, the weave is pretty damn tight and I have a very hard time imagening that this is going to be a common problem. But yeah, THE GAP is still there ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.