Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many Apple Watch bands do you own? OEM only.

• One band only.

Votes: 424 16.9%
  • 2/4

Votes: 904 36.0%
  • 5/8

Votes: 506 20.1%
  • 9/12

Votes: 171 6.8%
  • 12/15

Votes: 98 3.9%
  • 16/20

Votes: 71 2.8%
  • more than 20

Votes: 212 8.4%
  • more than 50

Votes: 61 2.4%
  • more than 100

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • more than 200

Votes: 25 1.0%
  • more than 250

Votes: 4 0.2%
  • more than 300

Votes: 3 0.1%
  • more than 400

Votes: 1 0.0%
  • more than 500

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • more than 600

Votes: 3 0.1%

• Total voters

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I woke up in a cold sweat today and realized where I had seen the Northern Blue face color before. I’ve finalized my projection. I think it’s going to be the color of the Celestial Teal Sport Loop lugs. So a darker, more blue, less saturated Cactus, and yet maybe a lighter Celestial Teal Sport Band? I’d love for it to be a more vibrant version of any of these bands but we know Apple and we know what winter signifies...
9B87B909-7829-4A9F-A082-EE1AA7483FE0.jpeg

Totalshock

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Tarana (to locals...)
Today’s band... the second from a trio of bands that never were. It’s like Obsidian Black / Mist. But it’s different. I’m sure it has a name, which in and of itself is an accomplishment.

For a watchband that doesn’t exist.

834ABE4F-966F-44B0-881E-A4C68FA18354.jpeg

Our spooky Haloweek tour of The Ghosts of Bands That Never Were will conclude tomorrow with a band so terrifying, there will be medics on hand in this thread for when readers inevitably faint out of terror.

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Our spooky Haloweek tour of The Ghosts of Bands That Never Were will conclude tomorrow with a band so terrifying, there will be medics on hand in this thread for when readers inevitably faint out of terror.
I honestly wish Apple would have done an orange/purple nike of sorts. I'll leave it up to @athousandbands to mock up if he so chooses, but man, releasing bands fit for the seasonal holidays would be perfect.

Reactions: Swenyly and twanj

kcmo

Suspended
Apr 21, 2011
lol exactly the same thing happened to me. I loved it at first and then it just felt too watered down. I got OG yellow and it hits the spot perfectly.
Yes watered down is it! Bet that OG yellow rocks. Looks like my pollen will head to eBay cause now it’s bothering me!

Reactions: twanj

Fhotofaerie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2020
Ca
So I’ve had my pollen sport band for a few months now but have only reached for it a handful of times. Maybe it’s because all my other sports bands are so bright, but I’m kind of feeling bleh about the paler pollen.

Anyone else fall out of love with it? It didn’t blow me away when I got it but I wanted something yellow.
I don’t have pollen, but original yellow is my favorite yellow. Mellow yellow is a nice light one, and lemonade is nice too (I don’t have flash but it’s basically the same).

FenC

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2016
Wellington, New Zealand
I don’t have pollen, but original yellow is my favorite yellow. Mellow yellow is a nice light one, and lemonade is nice too (I don’t have flash but it’s basically the same).
I find OG Yellow a bit too custard, though it is one that we recently picked up for my wife after I hung my bands on the wall and she found it easier than before to decide she wanted some colours I have in her size.

Personally I think Canary - or as it's so close and currently available, Ginger - is the most generic, pure yellow. That said, and having all 8 of them, the ones I tend to wear are Lemon Cream and Lemonade - they are the closest match for two shirts I wear to the office, is why.

nszb

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2009
I've wondered about the part numbers myself, as a number of plain sealed 'mystery boxes' with just P/Ns have turned up on eBay from time to time.

The top one is certainly bright enough to be Vit C, which would make the bottom one either Nectarine or Clementine, given the post-Series 4 box width (too different from the Vit C to be Papaya)
The bands arrived. The bright one is definitely Vitamin C, can't be anything else. What do you think of the other one? Nectarine or Clementine? It has a pinkish tone.

vitaminclementine.png

ryuworks

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
Singapore
28E1EDB5-3F0F-46CE-A315-2E30B232E9E2.jpeg
Latest purchase came in.
Can I ask everyone, do you keep your demo boxes? These came in quite dusty and slightly dirty, and since COVID I am thinking of just throwing the boxes away. I keep my boxes for actual purchases from Apple, but I have zero idea what these boxes went through before they got to me.

Last edited:

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
I've just taken a gamble on a Stainless Link bracelet from CEX here in the UK. Grade B for £75.

Figured the outcome will either be:

1) It's scuffed and a bit dirty but good enough to polish back to life
2) It'll be fake
3) It'll be scuffed well beyond help and not a grade B
4) It'll not even ship (I've had that happen before trying to order a SB link)

My success with CEX has varied drastically in the past from 'as new' Milanese to filthy 'Grade A' sport bands.

Take your bets now...!

mizmimi02

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2014
Midwest
View attachment 975354
Latest purchase came in.
Can I ask everyone, do you keep your demo boxes? These came in quite dusty and slightly dirty, and since COVID I am thinking of just throwing the boxes away. I keep my boxes for actual purchases from Apple, but I have zero idea what these boxes went through before they got to me.
I keep all my boxes to store my bands in, so yes, I did keep my demo Flamingo as well. :)

EmmaLouWho

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2019
View attachment 975354
Latest purchase came in.
I keep all my boxes. Upon delivery I wash the box down with a soapy magic eraser then immediately dry with a wash cloth.

If the box has been opened, I wash the bands with soap and water for 20 seconds, like I would my hands. According to Apple support, to disinfect, wipe the band with alcohol.

Last edited:

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
I keep all my boxes. Upon delivery I wash the box down with a soapy magic eraser then immediately dry with a wash cloth.

If the box has been opened, I wash the bands with soap for 20 seconds, like I would my hands. According to Apple support, to disinfect, wipe the band with alcohol.
That’s a lot of work. Is washing the box common? I usually just throw it on a shelf and let it be. I figure if there’s anything on it, it’ll die by itself after a few weeks.

Totalshock

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Tarana (to locals...)
Today’s band, the final of three aberrations that have found their way into haunting my collection.

B17014B8-16C7-4E41-AA7A-968C730794BA.jpeg

A Franktenstein’s Monster of a band created perhaps by a mad scientist combining the front of Black / Volt with the back of Midnight Turqoise / Aurora Green, you can practially see the bolts in its neck. Actually, that’s just the space black pin. Nevermind.

You can put down the torches and pitchforks, villagers — we’ll be back to more normal creations tomorrow, as we check out some new Fall ’20 arrivals.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.