Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Is there a point to debating whether the OP is being honest? Either way this thread is an obvious call for help -- not just for attention, but for community. Not everyone can reach out plainly and frankly.

Know that there are people here who will listen, Chacala, whatever your story may be.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
Chacala_Nayarit said:
I was working and living on a boat, and upon getting accepted full-time into the engineering department the computer pulled three "lucky contestents" to go for drug tests - my name was on the list. :mad:

So now I am camping outside and jobless. Going to check into a shelter tonight. :eek:

Bottom line: don't smoke crack, it's bad stuff. :eek:

dude, WTF are you smoking crack? smoke pot, but not crack. c'mon

btw, if youre camping, you must be using your $3000 mac laptop and logged in wirelessly on the $50/month EVDO verizon service to post here right?.... Try not to burn the keyboard with your crack pipe, bra.

reberto

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2005
You know what, I don't feel sorry for you. If you do drugs, bad stuff will happen. You brought this on yourself, don't expect sympathy from me.

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
Way to pile it on, people.

I feel sorry for you, Chacala. But I hope you realize how terrible your situation is. You've lost your job, and your home. And now you've got no place to go beside a shelter. You've really ****ed yourself over. I hope you can get help for yourself. You owe it to yourself and the people around you to take responsibility and get this problem fixed.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
aquajet said:

I feel sorry for you, Chacala. But I hope you realize how terrible your situation is. You've lost your job, and your home. And now you've got no place to go beside a shelter. You've really ****ed yourself over. I hope you can get help for yourself. You owe it to yourself and the people around you to take responsibility and get this problem fixed.

couldn't have said it better myself. thank you aquajet.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
aquajet said:

Sorry, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but posting on MacRumors about your drug addictions is just plain stupid. No matter who you know on here, how close you feel to them, etc. It's just dumb. This site isn't your counselor. Yes people give advice here and there and help each other out with life issues, yet...did we see the original poster post that he needed help with his life from us? Suggestions from us? Places to reach help from us? No.

I just don't see the point. If you post that you're a drug addict and just screwed up your life on a public forum, what do you expect? People to say "congratulations"? And I mean why? If I was stupid enough to do this to myself, I would feel embarrassed to post it publicly...especially when my "I'm a drug abuser" post has absolutely no point other than to inform us a person we've never met and are probably never going to meet just screwed up his life because he abused drugs. Seems like after what's happened to you, I would have a few things a little higher on my priority list than posting on MacRumors, no matter how much I love it.

Do you see where I'm going? I don't mean to offend you, any other drug abusers, or any former drug abusers that are currently on MacRumors. Had a drug abuser posted, say, a post asking for places to go in their hometown city to get help with their problem, or asked for suggestions on how to mend their life, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I think that's totally fine. We have some great people here on MR and I think they could all put something in and help the person. Yet, what's going to come of publicly denouncing yourself on a forum and posting a topic which you can almost guarantee you're going to get things "piled on".

To me, it sounds like a cry for attention. If that's what's going to help you (attention), than I think you would be better off making some friends around your city that are "clean" and start hanging out with them. Once they get to know you they'll probably try to keep you off the drug...oh...wait a minute...you didn't ask for my help, you just wanted to tell me about your screwed up life so that readers could comment on it? I know that sounds harsh, but it's reality. It really is. I mean what is the person looking for? I just don't understand it. I can read, I can see the remarks suggesting that I'm not making anything better, but seriously...how can you? Like anything some Mac user says on a website is going to influence his decision anyway. If that was true, he would have stopped the drug a long time ago after seeing TV commercials, various anti-drug ads, hearing stories about other drug related tragedies, etc. So, please, think about what I'm saying...like I said, not meant to offend anyone or put anyone down. Just something to think about.

Anyway, that was pretty fun to write, and the best I can do is wish that the OP would get better ASAP and get back onto his life, not addicted to anything.

Ryan

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
Damn, doesn't crack and coke leave your system within 24 hours?

I don't touch the stuff but that's what I thought.

If that's true then you must of been huffin on the crack pipe before work or the night before.

Weak dude..weak..

Hope things turn around for you.

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
There's some truth to what you write, ITASOR. But have you ever considered the possiblity that one could get at least some consolation by an anonymous post on the internet?

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
aquajet said:
There's some truth to what you write, ITASOR. But have you ever considered the possiblity that one could get at least some consolation by an anonymous post on the internet?

Yes, I can see how he would get help. I feel bad about giving the impression that I think it was a total waste to post this. It's just the way he phrased it...it seems more of...like...he's...proud or something, rather than sad and disappointed in himself. It seems like he's almost blowing it off like it's nothing...maybe that's just the way I understood it though.

CanadaRAM said:
I guess this pretty much obsoletes the thread about who was wrong, the OP for using inappropriately complex language, or the ships engineer who called the OP a jerk for using inappropriate language.

Is that directed at me? Sorry if you feel that way, but I was just trying to get my point across that I think a help/suggestion thread would make more sense than an announcement thread.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
ITASOR said:
Is that directed at me? Sorry if you feel that way, but I was just trying to get my point across that I think a help/suggestion thread would make more sense than an announcement thread.

naw thats pointed at another of th OP's threads no worries there.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
It's a bit sad that you've lost your job but, considering the circumstances, you probably weren't doing your job well because you were pre-occupied.

Perhaps, it is a great lesson that will save you from further foolishness.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Cooknn said:
So, was it crack or heroin? If you've done both within the last 30 days, then maybe this will be a lesson hard learned. Time to grow up :cool:
Agree.

Also add Mary Jane to the list. It can linger in your body much longer.

Doing drugs is simply stupid.

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
lilstewart92 said:
I think you're right.

What if this was a joke . . . . .

:eek:

If it is . . . I don't even know what to say. :eek: :rolleyes:

Then he should be throttled with a wet hose in a dark alley :)

If it is for real, then I will add you to my prayer list and keep you in my thoughts that you get help and over your problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.