Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
When I had a PC, this game was on my bucket list. I always wanted to play in the Fallout universe with my friends, but we never got around to it (for various reasons). If I ever go back to Windows, I'll definitely have to check it out.

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I had enough amazon points at one point to order a Bethesda code through Amazon. Sure glad I didn't pay real money for it. I tried a number of times to get into this, and I really liked that for the most part other live humans were treating it as a cooperative title, not PVP. But there were just so many problems, and even with ReShade installed to manage the extremely NOT fallout ambiance, I just couldn't invest the time in a title I enjoyed so little. Maybe I'll eventually give it a whirl once all the extra content has been added etc. And didn't they make it possible to create private servers but you have to freaking pay for it? Did I read that somewhere? Maybe if that eventually becomes free. Ultimately I would just like to explore the world with 5 or 6 of my friends, for a few hours a week, rather than having to deal with every other potential player in the world. I just full-on dislike that kind of multiplayer, and probably always will.

I'm very much enjoying a playthrough of FO3 using vorpX on my Pimax 5K+ however. FO3 running as a VR title is just, wow, absolutely freaking amazing.
If you subscribe you can do exactly that with a private server included in the cost along with up to 7 guests.

panjandrum

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2009
United States
If you subscribe you can do exactly that with a private server included in the cost along with up to 7 guests.

Yeah, except no way in hell am I going to pay Bethesda for the "honor" of including the multiplayer mode that, let's face it, should be included ("Oh, you want your car to turn left AND right? That'll be $100 per month please!" no thanks). Sure, if it was an absolutely killer title, if Bethesda had been treating their fans well, if, if if, but from what I'm seeing none of those things apply.

It's a topic I'll happily revisit when costs come down and the game is in some sort of final state. Until then I've actually got a NWN2 setup running, and enjoying co-op multiplayer that way. (As you can probably tell, I'm a person who believes that companies have to earn my money. I very rarely want a video game so badly that I won't wait until it is fixed before buying it. Or, if it is never fixed to my liking I wait until it goes into the various bargain bins and comes down to a price I feel the product is actually worth. GOG is great for this, although the remote-play features of STEAM make it very compelling even when a title costs more through that distribution channel. But I digress; I still would not have FO76 today had I not been able to get it with Amazon Points, I don't consider it anywhere near good enough to pay full price for, let alone "subscribe" to in any way).

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Yeah, except no way in hell am I going to pay Bethesda for the "honor" of including the multiplayer mode that, let's face it, should be included ("Oh, you want your car to turn left AND right? That'll be $100 per month please!" no thanks). Sure, if it was an absolutely killer title, if Bethesda had been treating their fans well, if, if if, but from what I'm seeing none of those things apply.

It's a topic I'll happily revisit when costs come down and the game is in some sort of final state. Until then I've actually got a NWN2 setup running, and enjoying co-op multiplayer that way. (As you can probably tell, I'm a person who believes that companies have to earn my money. I very rarely want a video game so badly that I won't wait until it is fixed before buying it. Or, if it is never fixed to my liking I wait until it goes into the various bargain bins and comes down to a price I feel the product is actually worth. GOG is great for this, although the remote-play features of STEAM make it very compelling even when a title costs more through that distribution channel. But I digress; I still would not have FO76 today had I not been able to get it with Amazon Points, I don't consider it anywhere near good enough to pay full price for, let alone "subscribe" to in any way).
If you’ve read though the thread, you know I’ve quit F76 because I did not care for the routine I found myself in as compared to Fallout 4. It is really the difference between a solo stand alone game and an online multiplayer game.

F76 is more developed with a quest structure, including daily quests and events than competing games like ARK:Survival Evolved and Conan Exiles, but those games offered public servers for free, and it was easy to band together with friends and pay $3 a month for a private server where you had Admin Control, the ability to set a wide swath of game parameters.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Yeah, except no way in hell am I going to pay Bethesda for the "honor" of including the multiplayer mode that, let's face it, should be included
Fallout 1st is not adding multiplayer mode - not sure of where the misunderstanding is. The game in of itself and its very heart is a multiplayer game.

Fallout 1st is a subscription service that offers a number of perks:
Description
Fallout 1st is a premium membership that enhances the Fallout 76 experience. Members receive access to Private Worlds, exclusive utility and cosmetic items, 1650 Atoms per month, plus other bonuses. Become a member and reclaim the wasteland today! Members receive:
• Private Worlds: Play in a Private World exclusively for you and up to seven friends.
• Scrapbox: Unlimited storage for crafting components in your own new Scrapbox container.
• Survival Tent: A new placeable fast travel point with a Stash, Sleeping Bag, and more for your basic needs.
• Atoms: Receive 1,650 Atoms per month to use in the Atomic Shop.
• Ranger Armor Outfit: An iconic Fallout outfit, exclusively for members.
• Icons & Emotes Pack: Unique icons and emotes, usable only by members

These perks are not crucial to game play, but I'd say its rather nice to get an allotment of 1650 atoms to use in their store every month, but more importantly, I feel what makes it worthwhile are Private Worlds, ScrapBox, and Survival Tent.

I play solo, and jumping to a private server has increased my personal enjoyment of the game, it allows me to easily farm, lead, scrap steel fusion cores, and aluminum (and anything else for that matter). On many occasions, on a public server, the rare junk needed to craft items is long gone.

Secondly, the scrapbox is great, as it allows unlimited junk in the that box, thus reducing the load in your stashbox which is set to 800. This in of itself eases up the management of your camp, because you're not constantly trying to manage your stashbox weight limits

Thirdly the survival tent - it allows you to plop a tent with a sleeping bag, scrapbox and stash box, there's no cost to move it, unlike your CAMP. This allows me to place my tent in strategic places during my questing. For instance, if I'll be heading to the Top of the World numerous times for a quest, I'll leave my survival tent close by, so as I do the quest I can fast travel there for no cost.

I'll happily revisit when costs come down
I understand the game is not for everyone, and I'm not trying to convince you to buy it. Steam recently had a free weekend play and a reduced price to buying it. That's when I took the plunge, I would assume that will be the case at some point again.

Let me close and say that I'm incredibly impressed by the wastelander's DLC, I just finished up an Ally Quest, and as noted in this thread, that one side quest rival's some of Fallout 4's DLCs, and that's just one of a handful of side quests in wastelanders, nevermind the main quest.

I found that there's a lot of grinding in the early parts of the game, it can be a bit tough, but as you move into the 30-ish level life becomes easier a lot less grinding, and the game comes alive around level 45 in many respects. While not easy, I was able to take on some legendary creatures alone, which was unthinkable at level 20. I visited Watoga, a region on the map that caused me to stop the main (original) questline back when FO76 came out on the PS4. I was too under-ranked and it was impossible to even go to that city. Now while I play it on my PC and I'm a higher rank, I easily handled the higher level creatures.

Last edited:

panjandrum

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2009
United States
Fallout 1st is not adding multiplayer mode - not sure of where the misunderstanding is. The game in of itself and its very heart is a multiplayer game.

No misunderstanding at all. I just don't think I should have subscribe to something just so I can access the multiplayer mode I actually want (the ability to host my private server) which is exactly the way so many multiplayer games used to be. I wouldn't even mind paying a nominal fee for a "private server DLC." I've happily purchased all the FO3, FNV, and FO4 DLC. But subscribing? Really? It's just absurd.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I just don't think I should have subscribe to something just so I can access the multiplayer mode
Technically, you have multiplayer mode without subscribing

I wouldn't even mind paying a nominal fee for a "private server DLC."
It is a nominal fee, but if you don't find the value in it, to each his own ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In other news here's my camp, I spent the morning redesigning and working on it. I'm pretty pleased with the result I only need turrets on one side, as creatures only spawn near that location.
2020-06-14_7-54-34.jpg
2020-06-14_7-54-09.jpg
2020-06-14_7-53-52.jpg

panjandrum

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2009
United States

View attachment 924015 View attachment 924016 View attachment 924017

Yes, I do know the standard multiplayer is included. I've played it. You missed the rest of my sentence!

Nice camp. I still play FO4 a reasonable amount and it's good to hear they've fixed the "enemies spawn INSIDE your perimeter" bug that drove players crazy. Get your settlement all protected around the perimeter, and then you discovered that the enemies would literally spawn right in the middle of the settlement. It didn't really bother me all that much as I wasn't really all that into the settlement aspect and just decided to take it as being part of the Fallout Humor (tm).

For those who play FO3, FNV and FO4 may I take a moment to stump for my overwhelmingly popular (I might be lying) mod series? Extremely Heavy Stimpacks, Absurdly Heavy Stimpacks, and Ludicrously Heavy Stimpacks. These have an amazing cumulative number of endorsements: 10! Yes 10! My own daughter endorses them this way: "Why in the name of the flying spaghetti monster would anyone use these?" Seriously, as far as I know I'm the only player in the world ever to play the games with this all the way through, but it does make FO3, FNV, and FO4 at least slightly difficult. They are for players who, like me (only me?), find the games extremely, absurdly, or ludicrously easy no matter how many difficulty mods you add. With these mods Stimpacks weigh 999 pounds, so you can't carry any of them. Combined with other mods that prevent food and other items from healing, and prevent sleep from healing limbs, it means that when you get injured or crippled you'll have to actually sneak, creep, run (if you still can), hide and as a very last resort fight until you find a stimpack or doctor. Yes, it's a stupid way to do this. It would be better to remove stimpacks and make "healing pods" or "autodocs" something, but it only takes about 5 minutes to make these mods, and they effectively provide that functionality.

Reactions: Huntn and maflynn

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Yes, I do know the standard multiplayer is included. I've played it. You missed the rest of my sentence!

Nice camp. I still play FO4 a reasonable amount and it's good to hear they've fixed the "enemies spawn INSIDE your perimeter" bug that drove players crazy. Get your settlement all protected around the perimeter, and then you discovered that the enemies would literally spawn right in the middle of the settlement. It didn't really bother me all that much as I wasn't really all that into the settlement aspect and just decided to take it as being part of the Fallout Humor (tm).

For those who play FO3, FNV and FO4 may I take a moment to stump for my overwhelmingly popular (I might be lying) mod series? Extremely Heavy Stimpacks, Absurdly Heavy Stimpacks, and Ludicrously Heavy Stimpacks. These have an amazing cumulative number of endorsements: 10! Yes 10! My own daughter endorses them this way: "Why in the name of the flying spaghetti monster would anyone use these?" Seriously, as far as I know I'm the only player in the world ever to play the games with this all the way through, but it does make FO3, FNV, and FO4 at least slightly difficult. They are for players who, like me (only me?), find the games extremely, absurdly, or ludicrously easy no matter how many difficulty mods you add. With these mods Stimpacks weigh 999 pounds, so you can't carry any of them. Combined with other mods that prevent food and other items from healing, and prevent sleep from healing limbs, it means that when you get injured or crippled you'll have to actually sneak, creep, run (if you still can), hide and as a very last resort fight until you find a stimpack or doctor. Yes, it's a stupid way to do this. It would be better to remove stimpacks and make "healing pods" or "autodocs" something, but it only takes about 5 minutes to make these mods, and they effectively provide that functionality.

28441210-A96D-484D-B2E8-4B5FE7ED95CB.jpeg
I salute you! :D
I am in my third F4 play though (besides playing other games simo) and I cheat enough to make the game a casual but very enjoyable relaxing, yet fun endeavor, best described as personal escapism. :) The first play through, I used nothing other than appearance mods. This time, I’ve given myself a killer pistol, and a 50 caliber sniper rifle (through mods) that drops most opponents in 1-3 shots. I rely on a stealth assassin build which admittedly is over powered.

Although I am an in-game junk collector, I don’t allow a shortage of junk to stop me from building (via the console) when I think it is an appropriate time to add something to a settlement, close to creative mode. The only difficulty mod I’ve added is Mortal Settlers because I want that level of realism. Immortal settlers is a bit too far. :)

Now regarding F76, I did not quite that because of difficulty, but primarily because of grind, and secondly because the quest framework was not that good and the game was inundated with daily quests, daily events, Dev busy work is how I describe it, for myself a constant reminder that reduced my immersion in the environment. I ran into the same issues with Red Dead Redemption 2 in online mode. (Solo story mode is ok.) I’m not going to be a player lemming, running on this particular tread mill just to keep me busy.

One other note, generally speaking, during a solo game, I feel no pressure and a sense of permanence of the world, and can take it or leave it at my preference. With an online game, especially with a subscription, it is inundated with a temporary feeling and pressure to move forward. I‘m grateful that although games like ARK and Conan Exiles have online servers, they also included a stand alone solo game, of which I have saved worlds for both of them, that I can jump into on occasion.
[automerge]1592156489[/automerge]

It is a nominal fee, but if you don't find the value in it, to each his own ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In other news here's my camp, I spent the morning redesigning and working on it. I'm pretty pleased with the result I only need turrets on one side, as creatures only spawn near that location.
View attachment 924015 View attachment 924016 View attachment 924017
Very nice. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: maflynn

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I partook in my first Scorched Earth event, this is the final quest in the main questline, but its an event, so anyone and everyone can join. Its where you fight against the scorched beast queen. Its something that up until now I didn't feel I was a high enough level, but now as I'm into my 50s (both age and level-wise ;) ) I jumped in. It was fun, and while I was a bit underwhelmed by the legendary loot drop, I'll do it again - if the timing is right, i.e. I'm not fully engaged in a quest.

I'm also finding myself on the public servers more often, simply because of vendors, (I'm selling my excess loot) and daily events. You get XP, caps and legendary loot drop for doing it.

After level 50, you no longer get special points, and you can choose to move a point from one special to another, i.e., move one luck point to endurance OR receive a perk card (you still get perk card packs at certain points). Basically the game is going to prevent you from leveling every SPECIAL to 15, you must choose what's important. I'm pretty happy with my strength, and perception, though given how I'm playing now, I'm not using automated rifiles. I could possibly move points from there to elsewhere if the need arises and drop the various commando perks.

1592403560597.png

I am leaning heavily on a power armor build, where I use my sniper rifle for distance, my level action rifle for lower level creatures and my gatling plasma gun for up close high level creatures.

As for the grinding, I mentioend this already, it definitely gets a lot easier as you progress up past level 30. I really noticed that life got a lot easier. I'm not doing any grinding for food, water, or health (stimpacks/radaway), and I found some locations for materials I need for crafting, i.e., lead, copper etc. I'm now being a lot more picky at what I pick up, that is, don't take that ashtray but yes, take that carton of cigarette.

The passive storytelling was and is a point of contention, the main quest line's story is told by reading terminals and that negatively impacts the enjoyment. The inclusion of human NPCs with the wastelanders DLC definitely changed the vibe and feel. Still, I understand its not a game for everyone, nor am I trying to change anyone's mind. Each player must come to their own assessment.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm not going to keep giving a blow by blow result of my playing but I did want to post that I finally did it. I finished the BOS questline with the completion of the Belly of the Beast.

A little back story, I actually pre-ordered FO76 back when it was announced and pre-orders were opened up. This was on the PS4 btw. Back then in the early days there was a lot wrong with the game, no question. All in all, I pushed through the main questline solo, and when I got to the BOS quests, I found I was too low of a level. If memory serves me, I was in the 30s without any decent weapon and no power armor, to take on higher-level combatants that are found in watoga, nevermind a scorchbeast. That's where I stopped playing, first giving up on the main quest with the idea of leveling up, but then just getting annoyed with the issues.

The next stop is the Enclave quests, I'll do some of that, but in all likelihood, I'm not trying to get to death from above (the quest to drop a nuke). My main focus was to finish what I couldn't.

I'll take a break, maybe play some Cities Skylines, or poke around in a private server to grind for copper, gold and black titanium.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Here's where I stand, The final quest I am become death opened up, its an enclave quest where you jump through the hoops that you need to, so you can drop nukes on the location of your choosing (typically at the site of the scorchqueen).

Additionally, I'm nearing the end of the main quest of the wastelanders, you have a choice to side with the raiders or the settlers. What's odd is that I've done more side/daily quests for the raiders and got into a decent status of Cooperative, yet location after location of the blood eagles is still hostile to me. I've given up siding with them and moved on to the settlers.

Even though I'm nearly at the end of both quests, I'll be putting that aside and doing more ally quests. I was going to do some of those this morning, however, I fell into a workshop at Poseidon energy plant where someone had claimed it, and set up a bunch of collectors and the fusion core processor and then logged off. All that stuff remains,so I claimed that workshop and I spent the morning just farming. I created about 25 fusion cores, and about 50 uranium ore which I can craft into nuclear waste. My plan was to grind on the fusion cores tomorrow on a private server but hey, this fell into my lap :)

I sell the fusion cores at 50 bucks a pop and that's about 1/2 price of what others do, so I can make a quick buck, just yesterday I sold 10 fusion cores for 500 caps in one felt sweep

I find that I play for a couple of hours in the morning before work, and then a couple after.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
OMG. my toughest quest.
The order of the tadpole:
  • Demonstrate Kindness: Revive a downed player.
  • Demonstrate Helpfulness: Clean Up Kiddie Corner Cabins - Kill mirelurks and queen and pick up five toxic mutagenic
  • Demonstrate Bravery: Control Pests at Dolly Sods (kill and collect a number insect parts, like stingers, bloatfly gland etc)
  • Demonstrate Growth: Earn 3 Pioneer Scout Badges
The first requirement was a downright show stopper for me, as I play solo. I happened to be doing a Scorched Earth event and one of the other players went down, so I revived him :) I had largely stopped trying to do this quest, simply because I really wouldn't be able to revive another player. Heck, I've done countless Scorched Earth events and this was the only one where a player went down (it was particularly grueling, where I emptied over a thousand 50 cal rounds into the scorchbeast queen)

The final 3 pioneer scout badges were also particularly hard. Each badge had be do something crazy. The decryption one, had me hack 3 level 0, 3 level 1 and 3 level 2 computers, and then collect the launch codes and launch a nuke. Sadly, that last requirement was offscreen and I didn't scroll. By the time, I finished hacking the last terminal, I saw this and was like whelp, lets try another merit badge.

In the end, I finally did it, got the backpack, its just not for looks, it gives you a +30 carrying weight, and that's HUGE.

1593457284910.png

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
OMG. my toughest quest.
The order of the tadpole:
  • Demonstrate Kindness: Revive a downed player.
  • Demonstrate Helpfulness: Clean Up Kiddie Corner Cabins - Kill mirelurks and queen and pick up five toxic mutagenic
  • Demonstrate Bravery: Control Pests at Dolly Sods (kill and collect a number insect parts, like stingers, bloatfly gland etc)
  • Demonstrate Growth: Earn 3 Pioneer Scout Badges
The first requirement was a downright show stopper for me, as I play solo. I happened to be doing a Scorched Earth event and one of the other players went down, so I revived him :) I had largely stopped trying to do this quest, simply because I really wouldn't be able to revive another player. Heck, I've done countless Scorched Earth events and this was the only one where a player went down (it was particularly grueling, where I emptied over a thousand 50 cal rounds into the scorchbeast queen)

The final 3 pioneer scout badges were also particularly hard. Each badge had be do something crazy. The decryption one, had me hack 3 level 0, 3 level 1 and 3 level 2 computers, and then collect the launch codes and launch a nuke. Sadly, that last requirement was offscreen and I didn't scroll. By the time, I finished hacking the last terminal, I saw this and was like whelp, lets try another merit badge.

In the end, I finally did it, got the backpack, its just not for looks, it gives you a +30 carrying weight, and that's HUGE.

View attachment 929133
I got the first two requirements completed before quitting the game. I w as in my 20s and Dolly Sods was completely out of reach level wise. The problem with playing with high level friends, if you go to an area where a high level player was questing, all the critters will be high level, higher than you. :)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
if you go to an area where a high level player was questing, all the critters will be high level, higher than you. :)
Leveling does indeed occur, but even when I ventured there at lower level (I'm in my 70s nows), it was some serious tough sledding. Dolly Sods typically spawns a high level yao guai bear. I found that either a 50 cal or 5mm gatling gun tends to cut through those tough critters.

Its a location that I largely avoided because of that.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Leveling does indeed occur, but even when I ventured there at lower level (I'm in my 70s nows), it was some serious tough sledding. Dolly Sods typically spawns a high level yao guai bear. I found that either a 50 cal or 5mm gatling gun tends to cut through those tough critters.

Its a location that I largely avoided because of that.
Yes,I was eaten by that Bear a couple of time, once in my portable tent. :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: maflynn

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Yes,I was eaten by that Bear
You'll enjoy this then ;) One of the merit badges required a number of pictures of various animals, including a yao gui bear. This was just before I swtiched to a 50 cal
1593514516754.png

• Haha

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The servers are coming down this morning at 10:00am est, presumably for patch 20 to land. Hopefully this may remove or nerf the hunger/thirst stuff. While I have my character set up with the cannibal perk, I was getting frustrated the past couple of days at how quickly I had to eat/drink

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I left F76 was because of it’s online nature
Its funny you mentioned that, because that very thing was what gave me pause when I first jumped into the game. I did in fact pre-order it, but I did so simply because it was a fallout game but I was very concerned about it being online.

This has been and probably will be the only online game I'll ever play. I will say that the FA76 community is fairly well behaved and helpful. There's a few griefers and cheaters to be sure but overall I've always found the folks to be really helpful.

Bethesda has done a lot work on PVP to largely nerf it, and I will say that I for one am happy for that, as that was my major concern about playing. I wanted to explore and do stuff and not fear that someone was going to ambush me. I've had some PVP run ins, but since the slap-damage is now zero, anyone trying to entice me into PVP isn't going to hurt me.

I had someone yesterday fire his gatling plasma gun at me while I was in the camp - he was all dressed up in his power armor itching for a fight. I just waved at him and then ignore him. He got bored and left ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When I want to farm components (like ballistic fiber), I usually jump on a private server and that gives me the feeling of not being online so that's a huge plus, but as I previously mentioned in a prior post. I find having other players provides some unexpected bonuses and advantages. For one thing, since I set up as vender to unload some ammo and other things clogging up my stash box, I largely made over 4,000 caps. Not too shabby and while I'm not looking to set up shop like other players those extra caps have come in handy.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Its funny you mentioned that, because that very thing was what gave me pause when I first jumped into the game. I did in fact pre-order it, but I did so simply because it was a fallout game but I was very concerned about it being online.

This has been and probably will be the only online game I'll ever play. I will say that the FA76 community is fairly well behaved and helpful. There's a few griefers and cheaters to be sure but overall I've always found the folks to be really helpful.

Bethesda has done a lot work on PVP to largely nerf it, and I will say that I for one am happy for that, as that was my major concern about playing. I wanted to explore and do stuff and not fear that someone was going to ambush me. I've had some PVP run ins, but since the slap-damage is now zero, anyone trying to entice me into PVP isn't going to hurt me.

I had someone yesterday fire his gatling plasma gun at me while I was in the camp - he was all dressed up in his power armor itching for a fight. I just waved at him and then ignore him. He got bored and left ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When I want to farm components (like ballistic fiber), I usually jump on a private server and that gives me the feeling of not being online so that's a huge plus, but as I previously mentioned in a prior post. I find having other players provides some unexpected bonuses and advantages. For one thing, since I set up as vender to unload some ammo and other things clogging up my stash box, I largely made over 4,000 caps. Not too shabby and while I'm not looking to set up shop like other players those extra caps have come in handy.

In Fallout 4, you would setup vendors in your settlements to buy your stuff.

One big money maker was purifying lots of water and selling it in your settlements.

Having to rely on other players in FA76 in order to sell stuff, doesn't sound nearly as good.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Having to rely on other players in FA76 in order to sell stuff, doesn't sound nearly as good.
In fallout 4, can you sell mods, plans and ammo in settlements?

imo, its a different dynamic, in FO4, it seems to be more of a way to generate caps, where as FO76, its selling an excess of inventory for profit. Have a number of masks from fasnaght, then sell them. In FO76, the vendor mechanism benefits both the buyer and seller. Need some fusion cores or stimpacks, a player may be selling it.

Actually, as I went back to FO4, I'm thinking the opposite, there's many thing that FO76 does better and I like the idea of being able to sell ammo, and plans. The most money I've made is by selling stimpacks and fusion cores.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
In fallout 4, can you sell mods, plans and ammo in settlements?

imo, its a different dynamic, in FO4, it seems to be more of a way to generate caps, where as FO76, its selling an excess of inventory for profit. Have a number of masks from fasnaght, then sell them. In FO76, the vendor mechanism benefits both the buyer and seller. Need some fusion cores or stimpacks, a player may be selling it.

Actually, as I went back to FO4, I'm thinking the opposite, there's many thing that FO76 does better and I like the idea of being able to sell ammo, and plans. The most money I've made is by selling stimpacks and fusion cores.

In Fallout 4, I sold weapons, mods, and ammo all the time to the NPC vendors.

I don't remember plans though ?

In Fallout 4, drop a bunch of large water purifiers in a body of water, sell the purified water, and money should not be a problem.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
In Fallout 4, I sold weapons, mods, and ammo all the time to the NPC vendors.
You can do that in FO76, there's a mass of robot vendors, the vendor system I was referencing is different in that you can set up your own vendor at your camp and sell what you want and its player to player.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
One thing that is a bit disappointing, and increases the grind is the new treasury note/gold bullion economy. So, you want a full set of the new top tier secret service armor, fine. The entire set plus mods will run you about 9,000 gold bullion. Want that cool jetpack, that you don't need power armor, that will run you an additional 2,000 gold. You will need the chest piece which costs 1250 gold (without mods), so a minimum you will be paying 3250 for the jetpack.

Oh, I almost forgot, you need to buy a legendary modular from the purveyor at 50 legendary script for each armor piece (legs/arms/chest).

Doing events and/or dailys will net you about 3 treasury notes for each, which translates to 30 gold bullion (1 note - 10 gold bullion).

The only thing that I've yet to do is the final main quest of dropping the nukes. I'll probably take a break with this game and move on to something else for a bit. Its still a lot of fun, and I'm enjoying it, but I'm not sure I want to just grind for gold.

The new seasons that they introduced is a plus but its a side benefit of playing not a major focus for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.