Final Cut Pro Studio Now Shipping

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Various reader reports state that early orders for Final Cut Pro Studio began being shipped out yesterday. Previous expected ship dates were estimated at early to mid-June. The new suite of applications, announced April 17 at NAB 2005, include Final Cut Pro 5, Motion 2, SoundTrack Pro, and DVD Studio Pro 4 and retails for $1299 ($699 Edu.).

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
Macrumors said:

Various reader reports state that early orders for Final Cut Pro Studio began being shipped out yesterday. Previous expected ship dates were estimated at early to mid-June. The new suite of applications, announced April 17 at NAB 2005, include Final Cut Pro 5, Motion 2, SoundTrack Pro, and DVD Studio Pro 4 and retails for $1299 ($699 Edu.).
At least Apple ships something sooner than expected.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
This is a pleasant surprise. Maybe Apple wanted this out in time for D for some reason (not sure why, but who knows...)

Although it's still fairly pricey, it's definitely a good deal for someone looking for all the tools.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
this is good news. i had seen earlier after the announcement that it said "shipping in may" on apple's site, so didn't understand why my order said june 15th, but figured that was a late estimate... glad to see that should be the case

though my order still says june 15

machan

macrumors regular
May 7, 2003
wisconsin
My order for the upgrade from the Production Suite still (and has from the day I ordered it) says shipping on or before 5/31. Would be nice to get it next week now that 10.4.1 is out, though.

kwajo.com

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Bay of Fundy
~Shard~ said:
Although it's still fairly pricey, it's definitely a good deal for someone looking for all the tools.
still fairly pricey? FCP has always been the best deal in pro video by a large margin.

anyway, I'm happy it's out early, maybe I'll grab a copy soon, or at least of Motion 2

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
excellent - once I finish my current project in a week, I'm going to order this. I'm really looking forward to getting Motion (upgrade from FCP HD).

D

hkhaskell

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2003
Mauldin, SC
Now I just need to upgrade...

...my graphics card and add more memory. My current box has the 9600XT in it, which is just not quite enough to run Motion smoothly. I'm sure that Motion 2 will crave even more juice. :D

The X800 is looking really good. I especially like the fact that it only takes up one slot and doesn't hog the adjacent space. The best deal I was able to find on it was here: ATI X800.

Memory is fortunately much cheaper. I'll be adding another 2GB this coming week. If someone has figured out how to convince their wife that a fast graphics card is somehow a crucial thing to include in the budget, please let me know. :)

jocknerd

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2002
Virginia
It would be nice to get it at the cost my employer can get it

I work for a city government. I can purchase it for work for $499 but if I want to purchase it with my government employee discount outside of work, it costs me $1099. I'm going to try and get it for the same price as my employer. If not, I might have to sign up for a class at my community college and then get the educational discount price. I want this bad!

mangoarts

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2005
Los Angeles
It's shipped

FINAL CUT STUDIO UPGRADE FROM FCP-INT
Shipped
1 Shipped 05/16/2005
Invoice No. : XXXXXXXXX
Carrier : FED EX GROUND

Scheduled to arrive 5/18/05

Paul

twentyeight7

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2003
the reason this item is shipping now is because 10.4.1 was just released which is a requirement (i dont see it on the apple site but i remember reading it before)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I'm hoping some of the issues with Motion are fixed so that it runs more smoothly and renders faster.

D

Porchland

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2004
Georgia
It's nice to see everything coming together for Tiger. Getting all the users of the newest version of FCP onto 10.4.1 will be a big boost for Apple's pro community.

I'm still holding back from Tiger for an "all clear" on operating in a SBS 2003 environment and with VPC for Mac before I Tiger up. (We still use TerdPerfect for some things.)

SweetFeet

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2005
Should be here Tomorrow!!!

Got an e-mail this morning that my edu-priced FCSuite will be delivered via FedEx Ground tomorrow, the 18th.

Interestingly, when I went to the Tiger Release Party, they had ONE retail FCSuite available, but they wouldn't give it to me for the edu price.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
mangoarts said:
FINAL CUT STUDIO UPGRADE FROM FCP-INT
Shipped
1 Shipped 05/16/2005
Invoice No. : XXXXXXXXX
Carrier : FED EX GROUND

Scheduled to arrive 5/18/05

Paul
just curious. when did it previously say it would ship?

saunders45

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2004
Oh, wow... I was right. I knew this almost 1 month ago. Of course, It didn't even get put on page 2 when i submitted it, but whatever. :rolleyes:

sigamy

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
NJ USA
OK, as soon as one of you get it please post some benchmarks on DVDSP's distributed encoding. What types of gains will I see if I add a 1Ghz iBook to my 1Ghz iMac?

plastique45

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2005
~Shard~ said:
This is a pleasant surprise. Maybe Apple wanted this out in time for D for some reason (not sure why, but who knows...)

Dude, Avid media Composer cost $200,000! FCP started a revolution. It allowed Walter Murch to edit Cold Mountain on 3 PowerMacs and 2 PowerBooks for a fraction of what ONE Avid station would have cost!

tny

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2003
Washington, DC
Porchland said:
It's nice to see everything coming together for Tiger. Getting all the users of the newest version of FCP onto 10.4.1 will be a big boost for Apple's pro community.

I'm still holding back from Tiger for an "all clear" on operating in a SBS 2003 environment and with VPC for Mac before I Tiger up. (We still use TerdPerfect for some things.)
Try NeoOffice/J on OS X with WordPerfect docs. So far I've had a lot more success with that than with WordPerfect for Mac.

swissmann

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2003
The Utah Alps
Mine still says before 6/15. I placed an order a while ago and then updated my credit card so had to replace an order a couple of days ago. I hope they all ship quickly. Mine is the Upgrade from the previous suite by the way.