Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

foobarbaz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2007
Either the photo is distorted, or the Apple logo is suspiciously low. On previous phones, the distance from the sides and from the top was equal. Otherwise it looks legit.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Is it just me or is the rear part got a protruding bottom right edge? Like, a counter shim so that the protruding camera wont make the phone wobble on a flat surface anymore.

frontpanels1-800x600.jpg
I think it's just a reflection.

JesperA

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
Sweden
lol people said that about the 5/5S when the 6 was released. And said that about the 4/4S when the 5 was released.

And I think they said that about the 3GS when the 4 was leaked due to the "ugly" antenna bands...

Plus they said that about the cMBP when the rMBP was released. And when the 2016 MBP was released, people then said the 2012 rMBP was the best design.

TL;DR: people hate change but they'll come around. :D
I see this argument once in a while, especially the classic "they complain about the ugliness of the leaks now but will stand in queue on release day anyway", never understood your way of thinking, how do you know those are the same people, or who are "they" that you are referring to?

People who said "that" about the 5/5S when the 6 was released "and" said that about the 4/4S when the 5 was released can very well be very different people (or rather groups of people), i find it unlikely that you tracked every single individual, those individuals can still think the 4/4S was the best design to this day, just because you see someone referring to the 5/5S as the best design later on does not mean that the original 4/4S group have changed their mind

soanis

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2013
Europe
If the space on the sides is utilized for the clock and signal indicators that would free up the top of the main screen area, which I could see being nice.

pretty sure that they'll keep that area black and show battery on the right and reception on the left. it should look seamless when the phone is on. Meaning you won't be able to tell a major difference between the blacks, since it will be OLED. And then you'll have the line below to show carrier, wifi, clock, bt, rotation-lock etc..

neosupreeth

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2011
Good use for the top line to display the usual time date signal etc. glad to see the full screen. and glad there is no scanner in the back. Good wins!! Well done!
Probably a year late, but hello Iphone 8 !!

Reactions: S G

skitidetdu

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2013
Sweden
#8 is going to be awesome! But I'll probably go for the 7s because of the price. But pulling of touch id on the front will give apple a tech/feature lead to samsung

ghost187

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
Thousands of Androids were made for the commoners. Keeping them happy at a budget.

2 iPhones were made for the elitist who believed they are above all, living in a walled garden harmony, where everything just worked and safari was snappy.

But they were all deceived... For another iPhone was made in secrecy, in a stale era where innovation had lost its meaning, more powerful and feature rich than any before it.

One phone to rule them all!

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
I see this argument once in a while, especially the classic "they complain about the ugliness of the leaks now but will stand in queue on release day anyway", never understood your way of thinking, how do you know those are the same people, or who are "they" that you are referring to?

People who said "that" about the 5/5S when the 6 was released "and" said that about the 4/4S when the 5 was released can very well be very different people (or rather groups of people), i find it unlikely that you tracked every single individual, those individuals can still think the 4/4S was the best design to this day, just because you see someone referring to the 5/5S as the best design later on does not mean that the original 4/4S group have changed their mind

I wouldn't take my comment that seriously; I didn't track every single individual's comment and calculate consistencies based on a 14-point incursive algorithm before posting. :p

That said, there are the same comments on here every year following every redesign. I think we've been here long enough to say with some certainly that people hate aesthetic change where Apple's concerned, but tend to eventually come around. We see it very frequently.

I doubt any negativity on this occasion will be any different, though of course, time will tell.

Sasparilla

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
I like it. Bring it on Apple! Looks like wireless charging for 7s & the 8! (so looking forward to that)

Thought we might be seeing a number (or some designation) on the backside of the 8 shell, since it won't be the standard 7s phone (the SE has SE on the back if memory serves), but no.

Last edited:

gregbenj

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2006
E7oohql.png Looks like Clarinet keys. Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 11.29.08 AM.png

If this phone matches or exceeds a Buffet Clarinet's craftsmanship, we'll be good to go!

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.

There are definitely people that say it's ugly and then end up buying. I've seen quotes get pulled up of people not in favor of a leak, but then talk about how they are now owners of said phone.

I just think it's funny how people say how much they dislike a leak. It's like people don't understand that the finished polished product is going to look great. People will change their minds once we have that trailer reveal.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom

Our first glimpse at components that could be destined for the much-rumored 5.8-inch "iPhone 8" and its 4.7 and 5.5-inch companion devices surfaced this morning in a post on reddit. The images are said to be sourced from a case manufacturer who received them from a glass supplier in China.

The first photo depicts what is said to be the front and back panel of the iPhone 8, with the front panel featuring a super thin bezel around all sides along with a top bar that could perhaps house a front-facing camera, microphone, and speaker. There's been some question on how Apple will handle the front-facing camera and mockup devices and renderings haven't offered a clear picture.

frontpanels1-800x600.jpg

Some design renderings have shown a section at the top of the device similar to the front panel in this image, while others seem to feature a bar that extends fully across the top of the device.

The rear panel features a vertical dual-lens camera and a separate protruding lens component, with no rear Touch ID in sight, in line with rumors suggesting Apple has indeed figured out how to build Touch ID into the display of the device.

A second photo depicts the two alleged iPhone 8 components next to alleged components for the 4.7-inch iPhone 7s and the 5.5-inch iPhone 7s Plus, two devices that are rumored to be launching alongside the OLED iPhone 8. All three rear shells are said to be made from glass in order to support wireless charging, and that all three devices will get wireless charging is a rumor we've heard before from KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.

frontpanels2-800x450.jpg

While these images are in line with many rumors that we're heard about Apple's upcoming devices, there's no way to verify their authenticity. They could very well be from a clone device or a dummy device created based on the iPhone 8 design leaks and rumors that have circulated, and there are some red flags suggesting that might be the case.

Design wise, the regulatory information etched into the rear shell of the iPhone 8 is rather prominent and is not in line with the design of the regulatory information on past iPhones, which casts some suspicion on the panels.

Even if fake, these panels are based on supply chain information and rumors and do perhaps provide an idea of what actual iPhone 8 components might look like. Still, it's best to view these leaks with some skepticism until we begin to see more part leaks to corroborate the design.

Article Link: First Alleged iPhone 8 Part Leaks Surface
I'm sure this has been said in 3 pages of posts, but those regulatory markings are exactly in line with how they look on the iPhone 7 for European models. It's the right kind of timeframe and is consistent with rumours, so if I had to bet I'd say these were real.

I'm excited.

Reactions: dontworry

terrywfoster

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
I've always gotten white faced iPhones since they've been available. I think I will swap to the black with this model. I don't feel that I would like the top design of the screen in white.

BruceEBonus

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2007
Derbyshire, England
This super thin bezel with hyper thin glass and invisible internals with an optional back is incredible. If I had one I'd junk the back and just keep the micro thin clear front panel. It looks really light and practical. I assume the display appears when it's switched on? This two piece design and transparent design with detachable dual lens camera will be a hit. Beat THAT Samsung!.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.