Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jaredk8

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2009
Got mine about 45 minutes ago so very briefly so far:

The Touch ID to unlock is super fast, works while charging as well.

Display set to 50% brightness indoors and I don't see myself going past that.

Apps and Music downloaded very fast.

Touch and drag from left sde of screen to get to opened apps works great.

Music sounds very good, I have a pair of Sony XBA H1s and volume set to 50% is plenty. Tried some classical music, nice full sound from the orchestra.

Additional weight versus the iPhone 6 is noticeable going back and forth but negligble. I like the additional heft to tell the truth.

Subway Surfers and Temple Run opened in about 2 seconds (no lie), RR3 took about 5 seconds.

Hey Siri works great.

More later!

Have you found it possible to double tap the home button to bring up the Wallet app without waking the phone?

pnds

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2015
I've restored my 6s+ and have been loving it so far, but have any of you noticed that the top-text (time, cellular reception, battery etc) sometimes doesn't fade in for a while after unlocking? During this time my phone is unresponsive? It isn't consistent, but it is annoying when it does happen.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Got my 6S this morning.

Pros:
- Better reception with T-Mobile. I notice this especially inside buildings.
- Photos do look crisper to my eye.
- Live Photos-lots of potential, haven't really taken advantage of it yet
- Ditto for 3D Touch. I can see how this will become hugely useful. For now just a preview of things to come.
- Speed: this thing is crazy fast. Touch ID is instant.
- Purely aesthetic, but I love my new Silver model. Was getting tired of Space Grey.

Cons:
- For all those changes, the phone still looks, feels, and behaves pretty much the same
- After a while, you'll forget it's even new
- No OIS in the 6S :(
- Price

Edited: The stupidest new feature is Live Wallpapers, which are not really live and only work for a couple seconds if you press them on the lock screen. Pointless.

Last edited:

Dick Whitman

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
I swore I absolutely would not upgrade this year but here I am with an iPhone 6s in hand.

A family member offered me $400 for my iPhone 6 (64GB), as in instant cash and $50 more than what I would have gotten through Verizon. Ultimately, I was unable to resist. My only regret is that my iPhone 6s has a warmer display.

:(

Robert M.

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2010
Wow, I came into this really jaded, and I'm impressed after using the 6S for a few hours. The touch ID is crazy fast, and my internet connection no longer stalls and drops out! My other iPhones never really worked right with my Wi-Fi, but this one loads pages instantly!

Man, guess it pays to have low expectations lol :eek:

Blaqdymun

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2015
New York
62ddeaaccab9effe768d0352a794c9be.jpg
Rocking The Spigen Capsule in Crystal Clear.
Rose Gold 128g : Sprint : iPhone 4EVA: $100 40g Family Plan

nbourbaki

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2015
CVG, CPH, BOS
I'm really impressed with the A9 processor. Beyond benchmarks which are great, I've been able to play 1080p HEVC video though infuse at above 1,600kbps. The A7 in my iPad Air stumbles at this data rate and resolution. And this is without hardware support for HEVC. Impressive!

kungxpao

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2014
Socal
Went from the 6 to the 6s.

It's faster. Browsing Safari, general ui.

Touch Id is extremely fast, maybe to a fault. You touch the home button and it automatically unlock the phone. Couple times today I just wanted to check the time and by pressing on the home button and it would unlock immediately.

Camera is better, especially front facing.

Cons:

My 6 screen seems to have more "pop" than the 6s. It's very close to each other but if I look closely, the 6 screen seems more vibrant.

It's heavier.

Live photo is kinda gimmicky. I turn mine off after a few test shots.

Live wallpaper is not really live.

I'm debating whether or not to return it right now. Doesn't seem like a big enough upgrade over the 6. I have two weeks so we'll see.

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
I read most of the post in this thread. I'll mention something I've noticed coming from a 6 plus. I have the 6s plus.

The color on screen is more vibrant. The black is much a much deeper black compared to the 6 plus.

The leather case I got for my 6s plus actually fits my 6 plus as well. Not much of a difference.

I like the weight of the new one. Feels much better in the hand.

IMEX1PCT

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2015
has any one else noticed a yellowish hue on their 6s ?

in comparison to my 6+ , there is certainly a yellowish tint on the screen ?

perhaps i have a faulty unit ?

Blaqdymun

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2015
New York
2a4bee742409242ba3f6cf5a60442b89.jpg

iPhone 6s Plus Rose Gold. (Sprint)

Sporting a Spigen Capsule Case (Crystal Clear)
From Amazon.

Glass Privacy Screen arriving tomorrow!

It is slightly heavier but feels sturdier in the hand.
Touch ID...wicked!
Camera Resolution is much Crispier.
Selfies look much better w/ back flash
UI overall snappier.
"Pop" is nice!

Reactions: Hellenek

Blaqdymun

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2015
New York
has any one else noticed a yellowish hue on their 6s ?

in comparison to my 6+ , there is certainly a yellowish tint on the screen ?

perhaps i have a faulty unit ?

Nope. I checked my 6s plus by comparing to the 6 plus. Pixels / color looks good.

Acejam2k

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2008
I've restored my 6s+ and have been loving it so far, but have any of you noticed that the top-text (time, cellular reception, battery etc) sometimes doesn't fade in for a while after unlocking? During this time my phone is unresponsive? It isn't consistent, but it is annoying when it does happen.

I noticed this a couple times earlier today with my 6s. I'm sure there will be a fix for it soon. I just wait an extra second or two.

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
My last phone was a 5s. I love it so far!! My 3D keeps acting up and think it's user error. Touch ID is so fast it's almost annoying. I just use a different finger lol. My current concern is my cases bought don't really fit and I've wasted a tempered glass screen. :(. The phone kinda feels like it needs neither though. It's quite awesome and to not worry about space is great too!!!

tallazzPilipino

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2015
got that nomadic lifestyle
my Note5 fingerprint reader was noticeably faster than on my S6 edge. but my 6s Plus is fast in a different way. on my N5 when i click the home button to wake the screen, lock screen shows, and then i lay my finger for it to read which is quite fast. however, on my 6sP, when i click the home button, it's already at the home screen.

here's a pic...

a5f56581841e3126a78072e178191ae7.jpg

not so shiny though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.