Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sandro Kurtz

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; de-de) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yeah, exactly. And now the store is offline. Awesome ...

The same in Italy:

- oneclick seems ok
- no confirmation email
- basket still full
- no confirmation sms from VISA
- store down

Last edited:

supermassive

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2010
I just managed to order via bank transfer after 1h of trying!

Have no confirmation mail either but had the final confirmation page showing my order nr. and the data where to transfer my money to. I've payd right now, despite having no confirm. mail.

I think it's safe, once an order.nr was generated. My basket is empty now.

Edit: as i was typing this, my confirm mail arrived!

SnaPli

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; de-de) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sandro Kurtz said:

Yeah, exactly. And now the store is offline. Awesome ...

The same in Italy:

- oneclick seems ok
- no confirmation email
- basket still full
- no confirmation sms from VISA
- store down

This troubles me a lot, really, since I closed the order confirmation page too fast :S

Butsy95

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just ordered mine here in Ireland. 2-3 weeks shipping but I know the warehouse is in Ireland so hopefully I'll get it sooner

AndrewW

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2011
Yo mate, all the countries OUTSIDE the US have their pre-order shipping time started at 3-4 weeks, so there isn't any 'slipped' shipping times.

Nope, it was definitely 2-3 weeks when they first went on sale in Australia. It was only this morning that it pushed out to 3-4 weeks.

I have an estimated ship date for mine (ordered 20 minutes before the store was officially supposed to go live) of 15/4.

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Nope, it was definitely 2-3 weeks when they first went on sale in Australia. It was only this morning that it pushed out to 3-4 weeks.

I have an estimated ship date for mine (ordered 20 minutes before the store was officially supposed to go live) of 15/4.

Yep, definitely 2-3 weeks right after launch (around 12:30am). Only well into the morning (sometime around 9:00 or 10:00 I think) did it move to 3-4 weeks.

rcp27

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
Well in spite of actually placing my order within minutes of the site going live, when it claimed 2-3 weeks, overnight the email came from Apple with an estimated shipping date of ... April 27th. That's more than a month away. I needn't have bothered staying up half the night.

Xenon73

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2011
2-3 week delivery, no chance

I also ordered mine 30 mins after the store opened this morning, no email yet but it does now show in my orders. Expected delivery: 27Apr. Nooooo. I'll try to join the long queue later I guess

SnaPli

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2011

I still didn't get a confirmation of my order. This isn't common to 1-Click orders, is it?

paynedj

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Snap. It shows up on my order status, but no e-mail. I expected the delivery time to be bad, but I'm worried the lack of e-mail might indicated they haven't actually processed the order properly. If that's the case I'd rather know now than in mid/late april when my ipad2 doesn't get shipped.

CocoPops

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2007
Just ordered from the UK store, no email yet. Placed order 10mins ago, Order status page is VERY slow when trying to load it, so waiting to see if there is an order in there.

Hotherps

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2010
I have been past the Liverpool UK store this morning at 7:45 and there are already people waiting there :eek:

Guess I should just order on line..... after all been waiting months to find out about the release of iPad2... so another few weeks won't kill me....

paynedj

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2010
Has anybody who ordered through the 1-Click system had a confirmation e-mail yet? Should you get one one if you order through 1-Click? and if so how long was the gap between placing the order and the confirmation?

If we knew that, I think a lot of people's minds would be at rest.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows!

HankScorpio

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2011
Kent, UK
Order placed this morning at 0650 got my order conf. at 0754. Worrying hour but all's well now. Est.Delivery date of 26th April - I hope it comes sooner tho!

djchristie

macrumors member
May 25, 2006
Falkland Islands
Multiple order entertainment

Placed my order at about 1230am, after about 20 attempts - kept getting the "Oops, there's been a problem" message, and following the link back to the store. Only 1 in 5 attempts would actually get me through to my account page for confirmation. Eventually the order went through.

This morning woke up to 2 order confirmations. Suspicious as to how many order attempts actually worked, I rang the bank. 2 had been accepted, 2 declined, so the order actually went through 4 times. Rang Apple to clear it up, they were very helpful. The girl said she's been sorting the same issue all day, some people had over 30 orders apparently! Had to resort to calling the apple store as have been unable to check my order online all day, the server just keeps timing out. Good to see demand so high, but surprised that their servers are unable to cope - surely they should be used to this by now!

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
2 hours before its release in munich, germany

ipado.jpg

people r asking if someone died lol

Hotherps

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2010
I am first in line here in Chester... one hour to go and they have given us tickets so I'm guaranteed my 64 gb 3G black :D

riciana

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2008
Ipad2 in Heidelberg Germany

So, I'm an American living in Germany and I also happen to be an apple fan. I was heart broken when I couldn't get the Ipad 2 at any of the military exchanges on release day and by the time I got home delivery time had gone up to 2-3 weeks. I canceled my order after awhile feeling a little downtrodden because I would have to wait an addition 7-14 days after the Ipad 2 shipped to get it (it has to be forwarded to APO addresses as Apple doesn't ship to APO addresses directly. Any who, I decided to take my chances today on the German market.

Last night I was wondering if lines had started to form at retailers who said they'd have it on launch day. My sweet hubby went and checked out the place we had in mind. He came back with the news that it was bare. This morning he woke up and went to the shopping center and held the fort until I got there. When I got there was no one lining up. I got there an 1.5 hours before it opened. People started to accumulate around the store closer to opening time. I though I was going to have to run to the Apple section of the store. When I got there, not one customer was there besides me. I asked the guy working the Apple area where the line was for the IPAD 2. He said they couldn't do that. I said fine, I'll stand here and wait till five.

The word got around that I was waiting and I was offered coffee. Then I was offered a chair to sit next to the Ipads (1st generation). Then I was offered a number. By this time two other people had shown up and they were given a chair and a number as well.

I sat there all day, but I could surf on the stores Ipad and chat with the other Apple fans. The "Apple Guy" showed up later on. He had a ruler and measured everything out as the display had to be extremely precise. T

hey didn't bring out the demo until exactly five o clock. I was number one. I got first pick. I heard they were short on the white 16GB wifi models...I think they only got one. That was the one I wanted. The place was packed by about 4. I was surprised people showed up so late, but maybe they weren't gung ho about it.

It was awesome! I loved Germany before today. I love it exponentially more now, lol.

It was pretty fun to say the least.

SatchNZ

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
UK
Here in New Zealand, I lined up for 2hrs yesterday at my local reseller. I was 13th in line. Heard closer to the time that 60 units showed up, but of unknown configurations. By 5pm there must have been 60-80 people in line.

I got the iPad 2 I wanted (32gb 3G Black) and was out of the store by 5:20pm. Got home and cancelled my online order.

I'm loving the iPad 2. Definite improvement over my iPad 1. I understand they are all sold out here in New Zealand now, and we may not get anymore units in stores for a couple of months.

Apple in New Zealand did it right by limiting store sales to 1 per customer. Had they done that in the US, there would be a lot less unhappy people there.

callme

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2010
UK Online Store delivery time for new orders has now gone from 2-3 weeks to 3-4 weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.