First Wave of Space Black, Leather Loop and Modern Buckle Apple Watch Orders Now Preparing to Ship [Updated]

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 13, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Nearly five weeks after Apple Watch pre-orders became available on April 10, the first stainless steel Apple Watch orders with Space Black Link Bracelets, Leather Loops and Modern Buckles are now being prepared to ship. A growing number of users tracking their Apple Watch orders within the MacRumors discussion forums confirmed the shipping status changes within the past twelve hours.

[​IMG]
    Apple Watch with Space Black Link Bracelet preparing to ship in U.S.
    The stainless steel Apple Watch with Space Black Link Bracelet, Leather Loop and Modern Buckle were the last three models of the wrist-worn device that had yet to see movement, remaining in the Processing stage on the Apple Online Store until late Tuesday. Now, some orders have been updated to Preparing for Shipment in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and likely other first wave launch countries.

[​IMG]
    Apple Watch with Leather Loop preparing to ship in Canada
    During the Apple Watch pre-order window, many models were listed with 4-6 weeks shipping estimates, or May 13 to May 27. With today marking the start of that timeframe, it appears that Apple is on schedule to begin shipping these delayed models to customers for delivery as soon as today. Many customers have received credit or debit card charges for their orders, indicating that shipments should begin imminently.

Most 38mm and 42mm Apple Watch models now ship in 3-5 weeks or July respectively for new orders.

Update: Orders are now actually shipping, with delivery set for as early as tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Article Link: First Wave of Space Black, Leather Loop and Modern Buckle Apple Watch Orders Now Preparing to Ship [Updated]

2. applepuree macrumors 6502

applepuree

Really ? My new order from a couple of days ago says July. (42Sport white band). Now maths is not my strong point but I am certain July is more than 3 - 5 weeks away. :mad:

Glad for those who ware finally having a movement!

3. Locoboof, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015

Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Yahoo!!! Earlier my fiancée's 38MM SS black modern buckle switched to preparing for shipment! I hope everyone's gets shipped out soon! ###⌚️

Watch Model: 38MM Stainless Steel/Black Modern Buckle
    Pre-order time: 4/10 12:02AM PST.
    Email Confirmation: 12:02AM PST.
    Estimated Delivery Times: 5/13-5/27
    Card Charged Date: 5/13/15
    Appetite: Slightly Hungry
    Mood: Very happy

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Sascha Held macrumors newbie

Yesterday my order got shifted 30 more days into the future. Now says 30. Juni :(
    I have ordered a 42 mm stainless steel with brown leather loop 4 minutes after the online store opened for preorders.

Prette upset about this whole preorder thing :(

5. jthesssin macrumors regular

jthesssin

I gotta stop

Reading these releases!!! I immediately begin hyperventilating, almost kill nearby people whipping out my iPhone to check my shipping status. then briefly contemplate canceling my order when I see no movement on it :-(

Ordered at 3:09am and still says June :-(

6. Rm.237 macrumors 6502

7. Joe Rossignol Editor

Joe Rossignol

Staff Member

I've updated the article to clarify 3-5 weeks is 38mm and July is 42mm for new orders.

That one is listed in Canadian dollars. Added a caption to the image to clarify.

8. scr1968 macrumors regular

The "shipping clock" on my order begins today (Delivers: 13 May, 2015 - 27 May, 2015) yet my Sport 42mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band is still stuck in "Processing Items." My order receipt is from 12:14AM on 4/10

Hopefully soon without any additional delays

9. geoffreyspencer macrumors newbie

Still "Processing Item". Ordered at 12 AM PST (3 AM EST) on the dot. Is Apple going alphabetically or what? They should be going by first come, first serve. I was hoping to have it this weekend because in Canada we have Monday off and I would have an extra day to get used to it. I ordered the Apple Watch 42 mm Space Black Stainless Steel Case with Space Black Link Bracelet. May 13 - May 26 by Standard Shipping.

Have to admit that Apple's ordering process is not as good as it used to be.

10. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Not everything is in American dollars.

11. ScottHammet macrumors regular

Finally

42 MM SS w/ SSLB ordered shortly after the store opened on 4/10. CC charged at 12:05 EST this morning. Now in Preparing to Ship status.

12. koulmj Suspended

koulmj

Please keep posting iWatch shipment updates! It's so exciting to hear about boxes leaving distort centers, just knowing there's a rich person waiting to receive it! :DI LIVE FOR THIS!

13. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I can't imagine how horrible it would be working in the call center that handles these orders.

14. RogerWilco macrumors 6502a

RogerWilco

Apple, now selling vicarious gratification, line up plebes! :D

15. icerabbit, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015

icerabbit macrumors regular

Mine switched to "Preparing for Shipment" as well, overnight.
    Minimal chance, but I wonder if it will arrive Fri or Sat?

How long will it take them to prepare thousands of these for shipping?
    Does it mean they just took a huge delivery on US soil?
    Or is preparing: we're now putting these in a container, one at a time, and are getting ready to put them on a plane in CH?
    Then UPS/Fedex from East or west coast? 2 day shipping?
    ...?

More questions than answers, but finally things are starting to happen.

By the way, funny thing is, as detail oriented and smart Apple is, that the order page literally reads: " Preparing for shipment. Available to ship 4-6 weeks. " That'd be a heck of a long prep time.

16. jwm macrumors 6502

jwm

Well, the first 2 minutes of the first wave are preparing to ship.

17. omnidynmc macrumors newbie

I'm starting to track and aggregate tweets to #applewatchshiptime with a time interval like 10 days etc and the sub tags (e.g. #ss42lb) with graphs and average ship times. Ya'll are welcome to participate so we can track when Apple is sending out batches of shipments a little more efficiently than posting multiple threads. Example tweet "got my #applewatchshiptime 32 days #ss42lb"

I'm sure searching for the hashtag on the interwebs should yield the results website. Or message me privately here and I'll send you the link.

18. nathan.l.larsen macrumors member

nathan.l.larsen

19. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

A few :03 and :04 ones are shipping as well.

20. thekeyring macrumors 68040

One of my friends wants to get an Apple Watch Sport duty free. She is flying UK to USA at the end of June. What are the chances she'll get one?

21. sdlevi27 macrumors regular

I ordered at 7pm ET on 4/10 and mine is PFS (42mm SS BBLL)

22. icerabbit macrumors regular

And, on an even more positive note, at least one 3:12 AM went to preparation as well:)

The Apple store website was down first ten minutes for me.

A family member's order was completed 3:18, same 4-6 wk delivery outlook, but device was in hand on launch date. Simply due to the watch style and band type which hardly anybody else picked, I'd bet.

[edit] sdlevi has even better news that a PM order is in there too.

23. JohnnyRumely macrumors newbie

42mm Space Black

Hopefully my 42mm apple watch sport space black will ship out soon...!

24. wotfan macrumors newbie

Hate to break it to you, but the world doesn't revolve around you. Just because you don't have an interest doesn't mean others don't. I suggest you skip the articles that don't float your boat instead of getting your panties in a wad.