Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushbaby

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
SoCal
I'm going to keep my 4s for backup for now. I've had it 3 years going strong. Never had a single problem.

Bushbaby your from so cal too? Lots of Cali girls on Macrumors.

We're the smart ones. :)

I read here that Amazon was the best for reselling but I can't find it on the Amazon site.

Kiju

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2010
I'm going to have to hold them both in-store and see. I'd love a 6+ but my hands aren't all that big and a bigger battery isn't worth sacrificing usability for.

As far as colour goes, I'm leaning towards the silver. I had black last time around and so a while face might be a good change of pace.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I'll chime in with the "I'm sticking with my 5 for another year or two!"

I'd also like to know how age factors in. I'm in my 20s and a college student. Eyesight is good enough that I don't wear glasses.
I have no problems with eyesight (at least when it comes to near vision). To be honest, I hadn't really been planning on updating until I saw the battery life specs for the 6 Plus. I'd appreciate needing to charge my iPhone less often. :p I got better battery life with my iPhone 4 than with any iPhone that came after it. :confused:

BabyFu18

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
Georgia
As far as what to do with my old iPhone, I'm going to either keep my 5 as a backup or possibly give it to my Mom (since she doesn't want to upgrade right now but she does want to try an iPhone; she's currently using a galaxy and doesn't love it).

pish6969

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Glad the OP posed this question. I got beat up in another thread yesterday when I said the 6+ will eventually be know for women since most men don't carry a purse. This thread is confirmation of that.

My wife will get the 6+ and I will get the 6.

I think it makes all the sense in the world why mostly women will get the 6+

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
As far as what to do with my old iPhone, I'm going to either keep my 5 as a backup or possibly give it to my Mom (since she doesn't want to upgrade right now but she does want to try an iPhone; she's currently using a galaxy and doesn't love it).
My mom started with Android and she disliked it very much. It was confusing for her. Got her the iPhone 5 a couple of years ago and she's been very happy with it.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Glad the OP posed this question. I got beat up in another thread yesterday when I said the 6+ will eventually be know for women since most men don't carry a purse. This thread is confirmation of that.

What are you talking about? This was a poll for women. Now if you ran the exact poll just for men, what would you say when there would be 10 pages of men saying they would get the 6 plus?

Kiju

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2010
*shrugs* no one calls me anyway despite my annoyance with texting.. plus I always have the headphones w/mic available. I find using the headphones w/mic much easier with most smartphones anyway..

I agree. I don't even remember the last time I actually held a phone in the traditional way. Headphones + a mic is the way to go.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
I have no problems with eyesight (at least when it comes to near vision). To be honest, I hadn't really been planning on updating until I saw the battery life specs for the 6 Plus. I'd appreciate needing to charge my iPhone less often. :p I got better battery life with my iPhone 4 than with any iPhone that came after it. :confused:

I think I'm one of the few that doesn't have an iPhone 5 with battery issues. It was only problematic right after 7.1 came out. 7.1.1 fixed whatever it was.

pish6969

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
The suggestion that females are more likely to get one over the other is sexist and ignorant. Good luck in life.

It's called being practical. Woman carry purses and if you don't realize why that makes sense you're the ignorant one.

I'm guessing your a man that's planning on getting a 6+ but now your mad that most people agree it will be the phone most linked to women and that threatens you somehow.

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2011
CA

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I did once have a problem with a white case ruining flash shots. But I don't think the colors of the phones themselves would ruin shots in that way or we would have heard of it by now and Apple would have changed the colors. My concern is that a silver or gold iPhone might end up reflecting stage lights in the school auditorium or sunlight as I'm trying to line up a candid shot at a picnic. Is it likely? Probably not. The finish isn't terribly reflective. But they are brighter colors and would also be more likely attract the eye of my subjects when I'm trying to be unobtrusive with a honking huge phone/camera. Ah, but I am probably grasping at straws here because my husband is going to try the preorder soon and I like all three colors about the same. I also like white and black bezels equally. I owned a white 3G and loved it.

Hubby wants me to get space gray. When we ordered iPad retina minis he got stuck with the silver/white one and I got the space gray/black one and he's found he's not that fond of the white bezel on a large device and thinks I'll get sick of it, too, on a phone the size of the 6 Plus.

pish6969

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
What are you talking about? This was a poll for women. Now if you ran the exact poll just for men, what would you say when there would be 10 pages of men saying they would get the 6 plus?

I think many men would want the 6+ for the added specs but most will end up with the 6 since they don't carry a purse. If you don't realize that I don't know what to tell you

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008

I wouldn't call it confirmation. I, a woman, am getting the 6. The 6+ is just too damn big. And I do put it in my back pocket sometimes. That 6+ needs practically a backpack and hulk hands! lol.

An exaggeration, obviously, but so is calling it "a confirmation." People are going to get what they want based on their own personal needs and uses, gender has ZERO to do with it. That's like saying only real men will get the 6+ because their hands can handle it :/

bushbaby

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
SoCal
To each her own, but I love the white face on my 5s. It makes the photo on my phone pop (like with a white mat around a picture).

And I like the idea of a big phone so when a million people are trying to take a photo, mine will grab their eye.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
I think many men would want the 6+ for the added specs but most will end up with the 6 since they don't carry a purse. If you don't realize that I don't know what to tell you

Every guy friend of mine today has said they are getting the 6+. I don't know what to tell you. I am getting the 6 because the 6+ DOES NOT fit in my smaller purses. That's what I do know and am telling you.

pish6969

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
I wouldn't call it confirmation. I, a woman, am getting the 6. The 6+ is just too damn big. And I do put it in my back pocket sometimes. That 6+ needs practically a backpack and hulk hands! lol.

An exaggeration, obviously, but so is calling it "a confirmation." People are going to get what they want based on their own personal needs and uses, gender has ZERO to do with it. That's like saying only real men will get the 6+ because their hands can handle it :/

Never called it a confirmation. In a thread yesterday I stated I felt that when all is said and done it would be 70% women using 6+ and 30% men. I would say the 6 will have 60% men and 40% women. IMHO

As you said, people should get what they feel comfortable with

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011

Your logic is totally illogical. You do realize it will fit in jacket pockets, sport coats pockets, in jean pockets, etc? Or do you have no clothes with pockets? You do know that the majority of Note owners are men and it's just as large? So why all of a sudden would the 6 Plus be mainly for women? It has nothing to do with the sex of the person.

sb22

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2012
6+ in white. I don't actually know why. We did the cut out thing too and I was left unsure but with hubby getting the 6 I just don't wanna be the same ha!

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Never called it a confirmation. In a thread yesterday I stated I felt that when all is said and done it would be 70% women using 6+ and 30% men. I would say the 6 will have 60% men and 40% women. IMHO

As you said, people should get what they feel comfortable with

Good luck in life with your sort of thinking.

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2011
CA
To each her own, but I love the white face on my 5s. It makes the photo on my phone pop (like with a white mat around a picture).

And I like the idea of a big phone so when a million people are trying to take a photo, mine will grab their eye.

All my apple devices has been white and going white again. :p

pish6969

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Your logic is totally illogical. You do realize it will fit in jacket pockets, sport coats pockets, in jean pockets, etc? Or do you have no clothes with pockets? You do know that the majority of Note owners are men and it's just as large? So why all of a sudden would the 6 Plus be mainly for women? It has nothing to do with the sex of the person.

Don't make up numbers. Show me a link from Samsung where it shows majority of Note owners are men.

If that's your opinion that's fine but don't try to confuse people by stating it as fact

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.