Freebies in line?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rye9, Jun 18, 2010.

1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

I've never been to a launch, but I think I heard somewhere they sometimes give out free food and such to customers in line? Is that true? Do they give out anything else? I was planning on getting mine in the morning around 9 (well, GETTING there at 9 to wait in line) or even earlier to be a part of the morning rush... but I'm considering sleeping in and just picking it up a couple hours later instead. Would I be missing out on anything exciting? Or just be in a huge line of tired cranky people?

2. IndianaiPhone macrumors regular

When I went to the 3G launch at my AT&T they didn't give anything out.

3. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

My Apple store gives us water coffee and doughnuts. The people there are traditionally very Nice!

4. HA5TY macrumors member

5. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

My AT&T store at the 3GS launch gave us water haha

6. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

LOL!!!

I did read the instructions to the AT&T stores about launch day. They will be giving out water bottles... but that's all I know!

7. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Apple store in Woodcliff Lake NJ is right next to a Panera, so on launch day they have gotten coffee from there and gave it out to people on line for free. They have also given out bottles of water.

8. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

For the iPad 3G launch, the Apple Store at Willow Bend in Plano, Texas gave out bottled water. I understand they also gave out coffee for the iPad WiFi launch.

- Steve

9. army91c macrumors 6502a

I can't tell you what a hot little "genius" gave me when I was waiting in line for the 3gs..... but it was nice!
    Ok that's total bs.... I never got a damn thing!

10. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Same, only ours was next to a Dunken Doughnuts so we got those(coffee and doughnuts) handed to us.

11. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

I meant at an Apple Store sorry :). Specifically at the Danbury Fair Mall in Danbury, CT if anybody knows. I suppose I can check the mall's website to see exactly what eating establishments are in the mall as well. I know there is a Dunkin' Donuts so maybe they would be open early and Apple will give those out... who knows.

12. hipvamore macrumors regular

i'm assuming you reserved yours? if not i'd get there a little before nine.. ;)

13. protekt0r macrumors regular

protekt0r

At the 3G launch AT&T gave the first 30 people in line canvas folding chairs, t-shirts, donuts, and coffee. I was 30th in line, lol. That chair they gave away was nice.

14. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Does anyone know if we get the cool bags like with the iPhone and iPhone 3G?

15. sgosine macrumors member

I'm Still waiting for that special gift for the iPad and the 3GS launch!

16. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

At the first iPhone launch I waited at an AT&T ( No Apple Store here ) inside a mall across from a Starbucks, they gave us free coffee :)

17. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

This unrelated, but Nintendo World in NYC was giving out pizza and water to people waiting for the DS Lite a few years back. They also gave a free case and game to the first 40 or so people on line. A local radio station was also there doing contests, etc.

Launch lines can definitely be fun. We waited 12 hours that day and it was a blast. :)

18. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

When I waited for iPhone 3G they gave us 75% off California Pizza Kitchen and delivered the food to us. I love my Apple store.

19. MasterChief macrumors member

Last year for the 3gs launch, they gave the first 50 in line leather cases!

not..

20. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

Last year my wife made some coffee while I worked from my home office on launch day. I also asked my kids to clap for me as I walked to our front door to sign for the package. I'm hoping for the same this year.

21. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Lol!

We didn't get anything from AT&T last year for the 3GS launch, which was a shame because, well, it was summer in St. Louis. Water would've been nice given the heat and eleventy billion percent humidity that morning.

22. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I stood in line for the original iPhone launch and I do think they were giving out free stuff but I was towards the back of the line so I didn't really get much.

ChrisN

23. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I stood in line at an AT&T store for the 3G. There is a Starbucks right next door that came over and gave out free (small) cups of coffee. Too bad I hate coffee. :(

24. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

When I went to the 3g launch the employees got a couple carts of coffee and donuts, and they walk around with a bunch of phones letting you play with them while in line. I found the mood of the customers to be very good. If you want the phone bad enough to go in that early your obviously going to be excited about it.

25. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

I've been to every Nintendo launch since N64 and they've ALWAYS been amazing. Always free bags or shirts, cases, etc. Nintendo really knows how to reward it's loyal customers though... they always send me posters and Wii Remote Holders and stuff for free just for registering all my Nintendo stuff.... (I have a SH*T TON!! haha)

but this is all beside the point... which is: I hope Apple gives me something for free