iPad Pro Freeze when fully charged

MrAngry83

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2015
I bought Ipad Pro (128GB with 4G) 2 day ago; and I got exactly the same problem. I thought my wife turned it off but it.
I have also noticed that I had to press the power button twice when starting up the ipad. My ipad went to black screen immediately after the first press. It did not shutdown but I had to press the power button again. Does anyone here experience the same second issue?

rnbd

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2009
I have a 32gb...... Never happen to me yet...I fully drained my iPad pro twice already and left it charged overnight..... No freezing problem.

mkitchen

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
Yeah, mine is 128 and it just happened for the third time.

Can someone who tried to wipe and update it comment on if it fixed it?

johnothy

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2012
Midwest
My iPad Pro has been randomly freezing up where I can't get it to do anything when touching the screen. The home button still works but the screen won't do anything. This happened three times yesterday and one was during a game where I suddenly couldn't press anything. I've never had this happen with my iPad Mini 2.

Mystro

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2011
I did a full factory reset from my computer when I initially set my Pro up after the first update. I always do this with a new tablet. I have not had any freezing issues or any problems so far and I have been extensively testing my Pro 128gb.
Perhaps it's worth a try to those that are having some issues.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Well it sure takes a long time to charge... When I finally get to 100% I can test...

mkitchen

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
Sounds like I will just wait for 9.2 release then. I don't find it terribly annoying now that I know what is happening. It just takes an extra 30 seconds of my time and the battery still comes out at 100% when it is done.

appleforme

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2009
White Mountains of Arizona
I restored my iPhone from backup yesterday and didn't have the frozen issue this morning after a full night's charge. The restore includes re-downloading iOS 9.1, so maybe that's what fixed it?

BizarroClark

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2014
So, yesterday I updated to 9.2 public beta and when I woke up this morning, the iPad was NOT frozen. So 9.2 seems to solve the problem.
I also upgraded by 128GB to the public beta and the iPad was not frozen when I woke up

Bigdog9586

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2015
At least twice I have left my iPad pro plugged in, once over night, and once during work. When I returned to my iPad it appeared frozen. Black screen, screen will not wake. I had to do a hard reset twice to get the thing to work again. After the hard reset the battery was 100%.

Has anyone else seen this?
I've had it twice to but only on longer over night charges.

jqc

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
I restored my iPhone from backup yesterday and didn't have the frozen issue this morning after a full night's charge. The restore includes re-downloading iOS 9.1, so maybe that's what fixed it?
This did not work for me. Although right now I'm on a full restore setup as new and it's not locking up. Will also try downloading 9.2.

One thing I notice is that on the times it locks up, the battery page in settings doesn't show that it was fully charged in the usage and standby section, just showing the two dashes. When it hasn't locked up it will show that it was fully charged.

There is also a topic on the apple support forum, currently 6 pages long.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2013
Day 1: Did it
Dat 2: Did it
Day 3: Didn't
Day 4: Did it

Not sure why it didn't do it one night. Nothing different, also left it charging over night.

Mystro

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2011
Make sure you do it on iTunes on your computer. Do a complete factory reset and set up as a new device. Then reset and restore from your saved back-up.

This did not work for me. Although right now I'm on a full restore setup as new and it's not locking up. Will also try downloading 9.2.

One thing I notice is that on the times it locks up, the battery page in settings doesn't show that it was fully charged in the usage and standby section, just showing the two dashes. When it hasn't locked up it will show that it was fully charged.

There is also a topic on the apple support forum, currently 6 pages long.

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
I bought Ipad Pro (128GB with 4G) 2 day ago; and I got exactly the same problem. I thought my wife turned it off but it.
I have also noticed that I had to press the power button twice when starting up the ipad. My ipad went to black screen immediately after the first press. It did not shutdown but I had to press the power button again. Does anyone here experience the same second issue?
I experienced this, and I posted a thread about it. I took it back and they swapped my unit. My luck hasn't been too good with the iPad Pro—I've got a bright pixel on the new one.