Further iPhone 4S JB Progress - @MuscleNerd

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Maverick1337, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

2. complexcommunic macrumors regular

Baseband bootrom dumped....
    These words mean nothing to me.

Seriously though, are you sure this is relevant to Jailbreaking, or perhaps it's useful for an Unlock, which people seem to have given up hope on.

3. Asianxfatty macrumors member

i am also happy that we have them. They are working really hard. I hope people arent rushing them, it takes patience as apple makes it harder and harder to hack everytime there is a new ios. props to the team! and thanks! everyone just has to be patient it takes time!

4. morvin777 macrumors newbie

Jailbreak is in two parts, the OS part...which is already Jailbroken and baseband which is the modem on board used to make calls etc. No point in having a JB without baseband jailbreak too cause the phone will essentially be an iPod. Seen as Musclenerd has dumped the Boot rom, are we in the final stages of JB development? Can someone tell me which happens first the Baseband JB or the OS JB?

Is my Understanding correct?

Thanks a Ton.

GREAT NEWS, Can't wait to JB my iPhone 4S :)

5. snowwhite007 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

@morvin baseband dump is so they can make a new unlock for 4s nothing to do with JB but they will likley release both at same time so this is good news

6. morvin777 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info. So does that mean that OS JB is already finished?

7. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

There's no guarantee, but I would hope/think so. I think the CDevReporter is made to keep fueling the team with exploits for quicker jailbreaks in the future.

If the jailbreak is nearing completion, they may also be waiting on a downgrade path and the unlock that muscle nerd has discovered.

8. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

i have a feeling we will be getting a tool this weekend now.

9. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Fingers crossed. Though they may wait for 5.1, which is seemingly around the corner.

10. ERIC273 macrumors 6502

I will ask Josh(comex) I am sure he will know, he's at work know though but I texted him!

11. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

i'm saying christmas or new years... as a anniversary for the first ultrasn0w release. no way this weekend

12. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Name dropper! :p

13. lewys macrumors 6502

lewys

would this be progress towards the iPhone 4 untethered too? or is it just for the 4s?

14. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68010

MuGeN PoWeR

the jailbreak will be for all!! 4,4s ipad and ipad2 and even the 3gs! but the unlock will be for 4s only!

15. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Someone please refresh my memory..

All the progress MuscleNerd has been making is still against IOS 5.0, correct?

I ask, because It seems that some people are getting excited over this, despite their having installed/upgraded to 5.0.1, which screws them over either way.

Also, since this is working towards an unlock, this is still assuming from his previous tweets that he is still using 5.0 on his iPhone 4S.

Confirm, deny, or am I just missing the whole thing?

BL.

16. Synergie macrumors 6502a

I stayed on 5.0 on my 4s, but... all it will take is one app to crash or something requiring a restore and then we are hooped - we'll HAVE to restore to the newest firmware, unless they come up with some kind of workaround.

17. bradl, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011

bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

True..

We got our set delivered to us roughly 2 weeks ago, and I missed out on iTether due to an HD crash, so I'm back to waiting on a jailbreak just for tethering for work once per month! Anywho, the 4S I have is still stock on 5.0, and hasn't even been activated yet (I'm still on my 3G at 3.1.3 for the reason above). I remember reading MuscleNerd's tweet about staying on 5.0 if you want a JB or unlock, so I'm still there. Anyone on something newer than 5.0 on a 4S pretty much is screwed unless what he's working on goes forward.

I guess my point is that a lot of this is still pending on one being on 5.0 as being on anything newer would screw yourself over..

BL.

18. DarkFlame macrumors regular

exactly what happened to me, so ******. I'm debating returning my phone as I'm still within 30 days. I'm trying to figure out HOW it got updated to 5.0.1, maybe when I had to connect to itunes to restore from a backup on my system? Ugh, suggestions?

Lack of SBSettings is getting very old.

19. CoachStall macrumors 6502

CoachStall

I'm hanging out on 5.0 on my 4S until i know exactly what i need to do to get the JB.

I'm quite annoyed by the lack of JB.

Get'em boys!

20. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

so what did he say namedropper?

21. ERIC273 macrumors 6502

He still hasn't answered and I just wanted to see if anyone would correct me his real names nick

22. CoachStall macrumors 6502

CoachStall

i see what you did there

23. tredstone macrumors regular

Given how difficult the unlocks have been to come by lately (I don't think the original iphone4 has had an unlock exploit since the early months, and the current exploit Musclenerd is discussing ONLY applies to the 4S), I could see them not releasing the unlock until a JB can cover the most current iOS version at the time of release. Releasing an unlock that only covers people who've stayed at 5.0 wouldn't cover as wide an audience as possible (not to mention the battery issues that were addressed in the update).

24. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Well they said multiple times that if you wanted a untethered JB and Unlock to stay on 5.0 and don;t upgrade, so I see then releasing it if they have it and if it is stable to cover that part of their "audience" that actually read and follow them. :cool:

25. ERIC273 macrumors 6502