Got my Bodyguardz's today -update on post #49 with pics

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by armoredsaint, Sep 24, 2012.

1. armoredsaint, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012

armoredsaint macrumors regular

armoredsaint

UPDATE ON POST #49 with pics (48 hours later)

just got them today for the sides and back, plus extra skins for my ipad 3 too. it seems decent - the sides don't exactly line up especially the + and - holes, not really centered. it's shiny too and after a few minutes i took them off. don't like how it looks.

i applied the back it looks okay too, the top and bottom isn't centered from the left and right sides. plus it's really shiny and wavy looking too. hopefully it looks better when it dries too. the cap piece was very hard to remove - it ended up pulling the skin off from the corner until it released itself and now it looks at speckled .

good thing i used the 50% off discount.

YMMV

2. UFBoy2323 macrumors member

Thx for the review. Could you post some good pics of back and sides for us to see? Thanks in advance, I appreciate it!

3. armoredsaint thread starter macrumors regular

armoredsaint

i will get a shot of the back, but i already removed the side pieces - don't like how it makes it all plasticky looking. ruins the nice aluminum trim ;)

4. UFBoy2323 macrumors member

That was something I was also worried about. Thanks for the pictures of back though!

5. armoredsaint thread starter macrumors regular

armoredsaint

I hope when it dries over the next day or two the speckles etc will disappear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. UFBoy2323 macrumors member

I receive my full body kit in a few days, worried about my side trimming looking dumb now. How does it feel? Slick or grippy? Great pictures though - Thank you so much. Let us know how it ends up looking a couple days after! Thanks again...

7. josh1985 macrumors newbie

While we get a case, the first thing we worry about is the side, I really need to keep it clear and original, but you also wanna protect that part too, er...hard time

8. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

i got this on my white iphone a few days ago. i told them to not put on the pieces for the glass parts of the back. so just aluminum part. and the sides.
    i took off the sides today i didnt like feeling the edge of the wrap.

im keeping the back aluminum part on for now.

I heard they have matt finish coming out soon?

i think just a back wrap is needed. its not noticeable on a white phone. very much is on a black since its flat.

9. J.C macrumors 6502

It'll always be shiny but it takes more than a few minutes to cure completely. More like a few days. Don't judge the effect until you've given it enough time.

10. armoredsaint, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012

armoredsaint thread starter macrumors regular

armoredsaint

looks bad on my slate black iphone - shows a lot of the defects/waves of the plastic but i guess it serves the purpose of protecting the back even though it's not pretty looking, i wish there was a matte version - it's a grippy feel. i can assume the white covers up a lot more.

11. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Did you apply their screen protector? I am still waiting on mine to arrive. My enthusiasm is fading...

12. armoredsaint thread starter macrumors regular

armoredsaint

only got the back and sides - never needed a screen protector :D

13. Clodey macrumors member

How do the side parts line up with the bottom of the phone?

14. armoredsaint thread starter macrumors regular

armoredsaint

it's definitely not equal distance - the top and bottom is perfect edging, but the left and right leaves a bigger gap.

15. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Mine are out for delivery today. I got the carbon fiber wrap as well as the full body. Think I'll be doing the carbon fiber to mine and just the screen protector on the wife's. Probably won't put the screen protector on mine unless I really like it. Tempted to leave mine without.

16. Clodey macrumors member

Does it just cover the speaker holes or is it just a big gap or what? Could you upload a photo if possible?

17. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

There is lots of different ones from bodyguardz, cant you tell us which one you got?

The Pure?

Ultra-though?

Classic?

18. armoredsaint thread starter macrumors regular

armoredsaint

I got the ultra which IIRC was the only one available for the 5??

19. Clodey macrumors member

I believe the ultra-tough is the only full body one available.

20. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

21. armoredsaint thread starter macrumors regular

armoredsaint

i just covered the back , there's none for the bottom section - just top and left and right sides.

22. s2smooth4u macrumors regular

I just installed my bodyguardz on a white iphone5. Like others before me said I don't know about the sides. It feels funny and adds to much thickness in my opinion. It also takes away from the shiny-ness of the sides. My back has a few spots of "haziness" as bodyguardz stated but I'm sure it will fade away as the application dries. Im thinking of taking the bodyguardz sides off because I have this case http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Atmosphere-Generation-T-Mobile-Verizon/dp/B0093CDLM0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348603604&sr=8-1&keywords=poetic+iphone+5. This thing is super snug and I fear the extra thickness (even though a small amount) won't all the case to fit the phone.

23. UFBoy2323 macrumors member

Would you be able to take as good of pictures as possible of the sides and back, please? I would appreciate it so much. TIA

24. robotphood macrumors 6502a

So the back is 3 pieces (top/bottom glass + aluminum)? I ordered the back and sides kit but only plan on using the back to prevent scratches. Never liked side skins on my iphone 4.

25. bova80 macrumors 6502a

I got mine yesterday and installed. The back is one piece and it looks really good to me and I don't see any flaws in my install, used the gel. I also did the sides and they look good as well, gives it more of a glossy look but they installed easily without the gel.