Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mix0mat0sis

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2017
I’m having the same issue. That’s all I see now when I turn on the phone. Major bummer.

irusli9

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2016
Tustin, CA
Ok. This just happened to me while I was browsing the web.

Attachments

• IMG_4211.JPG
    IMG_4211.JPG
    588.1 KB · Views: 2,357
  • IMG_4212.JPG
    IMG_4212.JPG
    648.8 KB · Views: 3,236
  • IMG_4216.JPG
    IMG_4216.JPG
    536.8 KB · Views: 3,341
Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

irusli9

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2016
Tustin, CA
Wow that’s on the other side to mine. Does it start where the very top and bottom edges meet the bend of the corner? Mine was the right side edge but stopped right at the bend of each corner.

Yeah the line goes all the way from the very top to the very bottom.

MareLuce

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2010
I see a green line like that on my TV every once in a while
2016 LG OLED65e6p

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
No, I bought mine in Canada (unlocked 64gb, space gray). I returned it btw. I'm going to wait this out and see what happens.
I bought a 64 Silver unlocked from the Apple store, no green line. Although there have been a few instances where there is what looks like a smudge in the top left corner. Once i turn the screen off and back on again it's gone. It has surfaced about 4 times, not a big deal but still annoying. Not enough for me to return the device though (unless it keeps happening). In your case I'd return it asap.

tmiles81

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
So far all units with the green line Is bought in US ?
No, mine was Australia.
I wouldn’t have even wasted my time writing this post. I would have had that device boxed and returned within 20 minutes.
I call BS on this!
You have over 6,500 posts so I believe you post a fair amount on here.
Now tell me, what time does your closest Apple store close?
Mine closes at about 9pm on launch day and didn’t open on the Saturday until 9am.
Since the issue didn’t happen until after 11pm, I thought it prudent to write here and see if this became a more widespread problem.
Was this not the thing to do in the circumstances?

woodynet

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2009
Brisbane
View attachment 731397 View attachment 731398 Ok...

So I was playing with my new phone and all of a sudden, this happened!
It’s a really bright line going down the entire right side of the phone.
Tried turning it off but didn’t fix it!
Has anyone else seen this?
I’m in Australia and will take to an Apple store in the morning.
Major bummer...
[doublepost=1510085215][/doublepost]
:/ wow ! I think we are on the verge of a
New issue, just happened to me also :/ off to Apple at 10:20, pain in the asss this is

nickelro

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2013
People were supposedly to enjoy these bs amoled displays adopted by apple. But apparently it's quite the opposite for some already. It's safe to say by now that amoled is still a ****** tech.

RtWrecklezX

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2009
View attachment 731397 View attachment 731398 Ok...

So I was playing with my new phone and all of a sudden, this happened!
It’s a really bright line going down the entire right side of the phone.
Tried turning it off but didn’t fix it!
Has anyone else seen this?
I’m in Australia and will take to an Apple store in the morning.
Major bummer...

Question any gaming or CPU/GPU intensive tasks on the phone before this? Maybe any excess heat or overheating?

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
That sucks. This was one of the first things I checked when I got mine after I saw your post. I had no issues. Didn't read all the way through, but hopefully you got a replacement fairly easily.

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
I bought a 64 Silver unlocked from the Apple store, no green line. Although there have been a few instances where there is what looks like a smudge in the top left corner. Once i turn the screen off and back on again it's gone. It has surfaced about 4 times, not a big deal but still annoying. Not enough for me to return the device though (unless it keeps happening). In your case I'd return it asap.

I had that too! At first I thought I was going crazy, but it's a bug in the live wallpaper luckily :) At least for me it is. Are you using a live wallpaper? Specifically the one with red, blue and white?

RtWrecklezX

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2009
I think I’d just downloaded an app. The reddit one which is blue. Not sure of its name, I deleted it and now scared to reinstall it!

Definitely a bummer I remember MBPs one year had a similar issue and it's root cause was faulty GPUs but since the iPhone 8 uses the same chip and no know issues have popped up it must be the screen or ribbon cable on the X.

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
I had that too! At first I thought I was going crazy, but it's a bug in the live wallpaper luckily :) At least for me it is. Are you using a live wallpaper? Specifically the one with red, blue and white?
Yes! Same wallpaper. Well that's a load off my mind! Because other than that, this device has been flawless for me. I always love getting a defect-free unit :)

Reactions: deuxani

Benebo

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2017
That's what I plan to do at 10:20 I also paid for apple care so not going to put up with a swap out.
I have This issue 2 after I got a replacement, do you guys know if this will end up making the phone worse or can I just ignore it and forget about it sense it’s on my far right screen

AppleZombie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
SoCal
I have This issue 2 after I got a replacement, do you guys know if this will end up making the phone worse or can I just ignore it and forget about it sense it’s on my far right screen

No, don't ignore it. Take it back and get a replacement this is BS coming from a "flagship" phone...insane

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.