Green line down side of iPhone X screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tmiles81, Nov 3, 2017.

1. woodynet macrumors newbie

woodynet

Nope, I woke up checked some news then went over to the Playstation App to download the PS4 monthly game(s) then boom it happened, at first I thought it was just in the PS4 app, but quickly discovered it was over everything, apple swapped it out for one of the plain white box versions, I asked if that was a new phone and not re-furbished and they said yes. so seel how this one goes.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 7, 2017 ---
    They swapped it out with one of the plain boxed versions, so the phone I got was brand new, just without the packaging, get it swapped over, the price of these phones they need to perform flawlessly especially now I have apple care I will go back at the drop of a hat. (I work next to an apple store)

2. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

To feel that excitment again from opening a fresh new box.

3. woodynet macrumors newbie

woodynet

I must admit, the excitement was not there and the genius bar appointment experience I just had was pretty rushed, she left me to finish setting up including wiping her fingerprints off everything and then I saw her 2 seconds later rushing out the door for a coffee break. this is 5 days after spending $2100 on phone and apple care. >;/

4. Allyance macrumors regular

Allyance

Since your screen is made up of red, blue & green active LED's for pixels, looks like a whole vertical row is turned on. Could be a bad screen or video chip, Apple will replace I am sure.

5. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

Seems like a common defect in Galaxy phones too

[​IMG]

OLED manufacturing defect?

6. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

I wish i can "re-feel" that excitment...LOL.

7. woodynet macrumors newbie

woodynet

now most of the restore has finished I can't help but think face id is twice as fast as it was. and the brightness of the screen is not as bright crazy ... this is such a first world BS problem causing me anxiety lol , I need a drink

8. rkoshack macrumors regular

Dude....return it. You paid how much for this device? It needs to be perfect. Expect nothing less

9. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

I totally hear you. LOL.

10. woodynet macrumors newbie

woodynet

When Apple replace a device, they do not give out a refurbished one. They give you a Service Replacement. The Service Replacement device will be equivalent to new in both performance and reliability. The Service Replacement that they give you will assume what’s left of your current coverage on your warranty plan. Basically, its a new device that follows a different route through the accounting system. This method from a customer point of view is way more seamless and easier.

11. haqsha23 macrumors 6502

haqsha23

While this may be true, if it were me I'd still rather get a brand new one. I had a 6+ brand new that had an ear speaker issue whereby i couldn't hear much of anything unless it was on speaker. Other than that the device was flawless. I take it in for a repair and after an hour they let me know that while they fixed the problem, when they were putting the phone back together they screwed something up and it wasn't turning on, so they gave me a replacement device. I was like, cool, brand new phone. One month later, I get touch disease that forever ****ed my phone and I had to deal with it (Apple would not fix or replace without a fee). Broken devices that are repaired can either go on to operate like normal for its lifecycle, or its forever a paper-weight of a device and will always give problems. While that's only one experience, I can tell you that I'll never accept a replacement device (new only, or fix my phone).

12. Carac macrumors regular

...It's five days since launch and there's a 3-4 week backlog on orders, there no such thing as a refurb iPhone X, they are all new. The "white box" service replacements are straight off the assembly line, they just get put into a white box instead of a retail one at the factory.

13. Casfin macrumors regular

It’s a feature.

14. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Sad. At least this is a defect they can’t bury - hope it happens to millions of the phones.

I’ll never forget how Apple buried the iPhone 6/6S battery issue. Telling me it was my fault and then months later instituting a battery replacement program. They outright lied. You can’t forgrt things like that...

15. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I saw this finally made the front page of MacRumors. Good that it's getting the publicity. Unfortunately, they're billing it a hardware issue and I'm guessing all of these handunits will need replaced.

16. hot ham water macrumors newbie

hot ham water

Oof, showing the green line next to the calculator with its mushy animations is just pouring salt on the wound

17. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

This is unacceptable for that kind of price......

18. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

This happened to me but it went away. I'm actually by an Apple Store later, should I swap it?

19. bambooshots macrumors 65816

That's it. The X is a flop. I'm returning mine and getting an 8 Plus that has none of these teething problems

20. jasonklee macrumors 6502a

jasonklee

And the replacement program was for the 6S only.

21. ArmpitoftheGian macrumors newbie

The 2-year old Galaxy S6 edge+ that I just replaced with the X had recently developed a green line problem just like some of these Xs (Samsung makes both OLED screens in addition to the Galaxy itself). Pressing on the top left corner of the screen would make the line appear or disappear and it was quite random but it hasn't appeared on the screen permanently... yet. I suspect that there is a connector underneath where I would press on the S6 that might have gotten loose, or something else like that causing the line to randomly appear and disappear.

22. Aydy, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017

Aydy macrumors regular

Aydy

Wow. Aside from the line, There is burn all over that screen

23. kerrikins macrumors 65816

You want millions of people to have a bad experience ecause you're angry about how Apple handled something?

24. Ipadfever macrumors 6502a

Ipadfever

If a notch doesn’t bother you then isn’t a green line complimentary ?