Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jim Lahey

macrumors 68030
Apr 8, 2014
I’m no fan of this thing. Some might say I’m even a detractor. But has it crossed anyone’s mind that just because these owners say it wasn’t mishandled, doesn’t necessarily make it so. I mean, anyone can make the reasonable argument that it should be tough, but let us not forget the number of users who claim that their iPhone or iPad bent itself while laying flat on a table.

iPay

Suspended
May 25, 2023
Dear Customer,
Congratulations, you just unlocked the Dynamic Rift™. Instructions will follow up shortly.

uptownnyc

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
total_recall_3.jpg

It's an undocumented feature

StuBeck

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
Unpopular opinion but this why you should always wait for second or third gen, especially at that price!
Even just waiting for gen 1.1 will help. These devices are constantly being changed to reduce costs and also resolve ongoing issues. The later iPhone 6 Plus had changes made to make the folding in someones back pocket less of an issue for example.

Orange Bat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2021
The entire idea of seeing someone’s “eyes” through the front really seems as silly as it sounded at the announcement. It doesn’t seem to look very good, and now it also has allowed for a flaw in the front plastic see-through cover as well. Even if I was considering buying an AVP I’d wait and see if Apple releases one without this stupid ”feature” in a cheaper package.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.